We arrived late in the evening and was given a ground room with ocean views but it had a wall near the room which blocked the views, so we changed to the 1st floor with a lovely balcony right on the beach. It was extremely quiet with only 4 to 5 couples or families around the pool area and about 8 couples near the beach area, I think in total there were only 30 people in the hotel. The Thai restaurant was lovely but we went to Naama Bay, which was lovely. Our breakfast was included, but I felt it was very basic, hardly any fresh fruit, not 5 star standard but ok.The rooms were extremely clean, and every night when we came back to our room we loved how they decorated my daughter's toys etc. We had a blocked toilet and nobody came to fix it after 2 hrs and then after midnight we got 4 phone calls from different departments to find out what was the problem, but we did get a fruit platter the next day which had more fruit on it than breakfast served. We went on the Blue Whole trip and we did not know we needed towels and we were told that the pool towel area was not opened and we should of organised it the day before, had we known we would of, so my husband went and got the room towels!!!! Big tip do not do the Blue Hole trip as it was misleading in the fact that we had to pay for hiring our wetsuits, goggles, flippers & buoyancy vest which was £45 for the 3 off us and then my daughter would not go in the water!!! The day before we left they wanted to charge us £50 extra to stay in our room till 3pm as our flight did not leave till 9.30pm so my husband said that it was crazy as there was hardly anyone at the hotel, so we left at 5pm and we said that we were late as there restaurant took over an hour to even serve our food, so they let us off. We were lucky that my daughter had a few kids to play with as it was so empty. We really had a wonderful stay, it was peaceful and beautiful setting, judging from other hotel guest that we spoke to said they come every year and stayed in many of the hotels and this was one of the best to stay in as we met other people from other hotels on trips and they were all not happy i.e. food, accommodation etc. If we went back to Sharm we would stay there again but hopefully it would be better in the school holidays when more people would be there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the idyllic shores of Sharm El Sheikh, a truly inspiring seaside destination, the 5 star hotel has its own 450 meters stretch of private beach, a stunning pool surrounded by a lush tropical landscape with over 2000 palm trees. Sharm El Sheikh is now one of the world’s most accessible resort destinations for snorkelling and scuba diving. The luxury beachfront resort is 8 Km away from Sharm El Sheikh International airport and 2 minutes from Sharm El Sheikh International congress centre as well as the center of Na'ama bay with easy access to the many tourist attractions of the region. The Resort offers 526 luxurious rooms, suites and Club Rotana Executive rooms and suites in addition to 9 Royal villas with four & five bedrooms with private swimming pools. All luxury hotel guest rooms and suites feature a private balcony or terrace overlooking Tiran Island or the gardens. For dining and entertainment, the resort offers ten restaurants, bars and cafe’s catering to every taste expertly blended with the highly acclaimed award winning Rotana standards. Keep up with your fitness routine while you're away from home. The Bodylines Wellness & Fitness Club at Grand Rotana Resort & Spa Sharm El Sheikh features state-of-the-art fitness equipment and our award-winning Zen the spa at Rotana offers you tranquility and pure relaxation to balance your mind, body and soul. The Camel Dive Club is our 5* PADI centre for diving and Snorkeling within easy reach in the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Rotana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Rotana Resort And Spa
- Grand Rotana Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Rotana Sharm El Sheikh