“One of the best trips of my life (yes, I do travel a lot).”

Reef Oasis Beach Resort
Ranked #48 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Paris, France
“One of the best trips of my life (yes, I do travel a lot).”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I have just spent a week in this wonderful resort, and country. Although I very often look up reviews of places I have never left one before; however this time I must. It just deserves it and I don't want anyone to miss out on such an amazing trip, honest.
I was supposed to go to Egypt with 6 other friends but given the political circumstances they all decided to cancel. Let me tell you you didn't even feel the revolution (in what security is concerned). Egyptian people are so proud of their country (as they should be!) that if anything the fact that the media keeps showing only the disasters and making it sound like it is a disaster in the streets makes them sad, and every person I talked to just wanted to show a little more. I stayed with a wonderful family who shoed me everything, so try and find someone local you know to take you around (I don't think I can ever thank them enough!) All this to say that it IS safe, and gorgeous. Cairo is chaotic and with the happiest people in the streets I have seen in a while. They all have amazing smiles and a wonderful pride for their heritage and food! You MUST eat traditional egyptian food!!

Now for Sharm and Reef Oasis. This resort and especially its people was a big part of the reason this trip was one of the best of my life. It's huge and wonderful, the Senses part is amazing especially the restaurant, you can go diving, snorkelling, see crazy coloured fish and corals, the animation is so hyper you will find yourself playing their games even if you're usually shy like me. You have a choice of restaurants to go to, and on the beach be sure to try the pizza. It is all inclusive and you always have somewhere to go to eat. But the people there are what made the biggest difference for me, as it did in Cairo. They're just so happy it's not like in usual upper class hotels where you feel the waiters are almost robots, you actually see them joking with children, playing with guests... very nice. I went in the winter so maybe less people were there but still occupancy seems pretty high. In sharm the clubs are very nice, I went to dolce vita and pacha and they both have fire shows, acrobacies etc. Anyways, great experience for me, would recommend to everyone (which is why i'm here), families with children, couples (theres a swimming pool with no children allowed, and lots of nice walks and views, or if you're just looking to get away from all the stress and rules and angry faces!
I also went to dinner out of curiosity to their other property in sharm, the Blue Bay, and it's clearly much more luxurious and modern, the food was amazing, havent stayed there but would probably recommend the beach resort especially to families with children and the blue bay to couples.
PS. Also go to the desert with buggys, it's gorgeous.
Hope this helps!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
10 Thank JujuVV
GuestRelations_10, Manager at Reef Oasis Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely comments. We are happy that you had such a great holiday with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that our staff made the guests' stay extra special and even more enjoyable. Thank you once again and we hope to see you back in our Resort very soon. Best regards from all of us

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We visited this hotel some time ago (Sept 2009). I just adding reviews of places.

This hotel was very well groomed. We usually choose high 4* or 5* hotels for holidays.

It was a reasonable price. (all inclusive)

Advantages:
We enjoyed the hotel swim up pool bars and the weather.
We found the other guests to be very friendly with quite a mixture of British tourists.
The staff were very friendly especially around the pools and bars.
The hotel was clean, however we did experience a cockroach in our room. (I have lived in a hot country before and I am aware of how common these are, however I would expect a hotel to treat the rooms to try and eradicate this problem - this caused a hysterical reaction from my girlfriend whom demanded we moved rooms. When we moved rooms we had the same problem the next day.)
The beach was lovely, busy, but we quite liked the bustle. The water was clear and perfect for snorkelling.

Disadvantages:
We started to get a bit bored in the evenings. The entertainment was almost identical daily.
Constant hassle when visiting the 'old town'.
We had a comical evening when we got into a taxi outside the hotel which caused a huge argument between our taxi driver and another. The other taxi driver tried opening the doors of our taxi as we were driving off as if to drag us out of the taxi. We found it comical (we are only in our 20's) but i am sure an older couple or a family with children might have been a bit scared.
The restaurants were fairly average. The Italian though was very nice. Fresh made pizza's etc made to order.
Sharm itself didn't have a banging nightlife and the clubs were just full of lone Egyptian men looking for your archetypal blonde European.

Overall I am still giving this a 4/5 because if you want amazing snorkelling and weather in a nice looking hotel with acceptable food and drink and an early night then you should go. I have stayed in the Hilton Sharks bay but would say that this hotel is nicer, the entertainment was worse though.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank T_leeds
GuestRelations_10, Manager at Reef Oasis Beach Resort, responded to this review, 21 January 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at ROBR. We do appreciate it and value your feedback to improve our overall guest satisfaction. Thank you once again and we look foward to welcome you back in 2012. Kind regards from all of us
Lelystad, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We were looking for a fairly priced beach vacation with some sun at the end of October and though I'm not a big fan of all-in holidays and my partner is not a big fan of Egypt, we booked a week at Reef Oasis Beach Resort on advice of our local touristic agency.
The most fantastic thing about going to a warm place in the middle of a rainy an cold autumn is getting out of the plane to the summer temperature, but the hotel itself was also a pleasant surprise to. We were upgraded to a special comfort room for free (room nr. 2221) next to a 24/7 bar. Though they told us part of the hotel was being renovated, we didn't notice much of it.
Most of the days we went to the sea beach to swim where there also was a bar and a lunch restaurant, but you could also enjoy one of the many swimming pools at the territory.
Food was fairly good for an all-in resort: we had breakfast at Senses restaurant and it was good, they even served freshly squeezed orange juice there. For lunch we normally got some snacks at the beach bar and for dinner you had to be well on time to get a place in one of the restaurants - there were quite long queues at times and you sometimes wait up to 20 minutes to get in and enjoy a not-so-special buffet dinner (Italian restaurant). We made reservations for the a la carte Senses restaurant twice (was also all-in) and there they really gave us enough attention and food was of much better quality than at the buffet. Further we mostly went to the Patio bar or the bar outside our room, as by both you could get drinks anytime. Another place we especially frequented in the evening was the Asian cafe behind the Patio bar - you could smoke shisha there (traditional water pipe with fruit tobacco) while relaxing on a couch and enjoying a drink.
Most of the time we found the service really great - of course, a couple of euro's tip could make wonders, but even without we were treated really friendly.
Out first 2 nights there we were quite disturbed by loud music late at night from outside the hotel complex, but it was evidently only at the weekend, and after all the hotel couldn't do much about it.
Though the hotel complex is huge with all kinds of entertainment, we found it nice to get outside on a couple of occasions - you could choose from quite a few really nice excursions which were cheaper to book outside the hotel.
And then there was snorkeling - a truly breathtaking experience. Bring a snorkeling set along or get one otherwise at a local shop - having a look underwater there is absolutely a must!
All in all, we had a great week there and would recommend the hotel to anyone in search of an undisturbed all-in vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms in the range 2000 were facing the bar were generally quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank van4ous
GuestRelations_10, Manager at Reef Oasis Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your holiday in ROBR, your compliments will be shared with all of our staff. Once again thank you and we hope to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Kind regards from all of us
crewe
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Has had wonderful time here massive hotel and grounds but staff who don't forget you and lovely rooms, food, location we loved it

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank holsncricket
bestofintensions01, Manager at Reef Oasis Beach Resort, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear guest, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review, we are delighted that your holiday with us was as enjoyable as expected. We look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future, kind regards from all of us
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 27 December 2011

That was our first time in Sharm. The hotel is very clean, the staff are friendly and helpful. My kids did not believe this was "Egypt"

The restaurants were good But we found more varitey for the kids at the italian restaurant. All its staff and waiters are very friendly and nice.

The animation team were perfect, my kids are still addicted to them. The kids club had a good program every day so it was not boring for the kids to go everyday twice a day.

The Christmas gala and christmas day were perfect. So much fun so many activities!

WILL BE BACK AGAIN FOR SURE.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest, thank you for sharing with all of us your most recent experience at our resort. We are indeed delighted that your holiday with us was as enjoyable as expected. Thank you for your review, we all look forward to welcome you back in 2012. Kind regards from all of us