“Excellent value and service”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of villa Shahrazad

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Ahlora
Khartoum, Sudan
“Excellent value and service”
Reviewed 18 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

A colleague and I took our grade 12 students to Sharm El Sheikh for their graduation trip and what a joy it was. The villa is spacious and comfortable and the manager went out of his way to accommodate our every need. He was available 24/7 and never disappointed. Although the villa is not in the best area, transport was arranged for us at all hours and we had an excellent time exploring Sharm El Sheikh. The only disappointment was the cruise and diving trip with Dolphin Diving. This villa is great for a family vacation.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Reviewed 16 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Tash A
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“Do not waste your money”
Reviewed 20 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

I booked to stay at Villa Shahrazad and after looking at all the pictures and reading the amazing reviews I was so excited to stay here.

I contacted the owner several times and must say he was always very quick at responding and helpful.

On arrival at the airport I was informed that we would be met by Max. Max did not show and sent someone else to collect us at the airport. There were 10 of us who arrived from day one and the transport sent to collect us was not big enough to fit us all in and a second car was used to transport our luggage (which we were advised we would be charged extra for) as we were told a free transfer from the airport would be provided for 14 people I refused to pay.

We were advised that Max would give us all the information regarding the surrounding area and would help us during our stay. We were advised he would be there the second morning of our stay as he did not show up at the airport.

On arrival at the villa first look the pool area was absolutely amazing, however the inside of the villa was not up to the standard as described.

This should not be advertised as sleeps 14 as it is not properly equipped for 14 people. We had only a handful of cups/mugs, no bowls, 2 teaspoons and not enough towels. Once complaining to Mohammed 6 mugs and 6 cups were brought (still not enough for everyone)

The cot was absolutely disgusting and I wouldn't have even allowed my dog to sleep init. The cot had also broken and would have been unsafe to sleep in as there was no side meaning my daughter could easily climb out. This was replaced 2 days before the end of our 2 week holiday for a cot which was also unsafe and my 18 month old daughter was able to climb out of!!!

We had no hot water in the kitchen for the first few days and the dishwasher leaked badly all over the kitchen floor each time it was used. We reported but were told an engineer in Egypt would be unable to fix it and it would be fixed the second week of our stay (the dishwasher completely packed up and was not fixed at all, again were just given excuse of cant be fixed in Egypt)

The wifi did not work on arrival. we had to wait 2 days for it to be topped up (dongle) and once we had it was so slow would not load anything. I complained about it and on the second day before leaving the dongle was returned and the speed was super fast!!

All of the bathrooms have a horrible damp/sewerage smell and really do need a proper clean, looks like the toilets have never seen any bleach!!!

There are also low down canvases just hooked over exposed wiring, which my daughter easily removed (very dangerous)!!!!!!!

The villa is in a very run down residential area which stinks and there is lots of rubbish in the road outside of the villa. It is very far from everything which is a real shame. Really feel the area should have been highlighted!!!!

We honestly had problem after problem: water constantly running out, although was quickly rectified by Mohammed. The fuse box actually caught fire and there were flames coming out of the fuse box. Luckily it was daytime and my sister was in the kitchen or I dread to think what may have happened. Someone with us managed to turn off all the switches in the fuse box which stopped the fire. We then had to wait for an electrician to rewire. I must advise there was no fire alarm, smoke detector, fire extinguisher or fire blanket.

Following the fire we were left with no working oven or hob, Mohammed did manage to fix it eventually however another inconvenience.

I know the villa isn't really expensive but do feel that there need to be some major changes/safety checks etc even if it meant the price was to go up.

The villa should be well cleaned prior to any guests stay. Mohammed as lovely as he is speaks very poor English and we had very much trouble communicating with him when my husband who is Egyptian was not there. He should have more understanding of English if he is there to help guets.

Max was a complete waste of time and could talk the talk but not walk the walk. He offered us a free quad bike trip for all our problems 2 days before leaving, as we had already done it we refused and said we would be going to the waterpark if he was able to get us any discount. He said he could and called to advise that he could get us entry for £15.00 we advise that would be fine. We arranged to meet the following day at 10.30am at the waterpark. He called at 10.05am when our taxi was on its way to advise the entry was £40.00 not £15.00 which was more than we had previously paid with transfers when booking through a tour company. I was so angry considering this should have been a favour for all of the problems we had had. I told him not to bother we would sort it ourselves. His response was "ok" a complete waste of space!!!!

I would recommend booking trips through Time Tours which can be found about 5 mins away in Nabq Bay behind the duty free shop. Amazing guy and prices you wont be disappointed.

Supermarkets - I recommend Carrefour in Naama Bay or Ragob Sands in Arab Set is closer.

Had a lovely meal at Hardrock in Nabq Bay.

Naama bay is the place to be for bars, clubs, shisha cafes, restaurants, shops and is about 20 min drive.

A do feel it would be beneficial to have a welcome pack in the villa with useful information regarding local places to visit, tax driver numbers, trips etc and also maybe the option to buy a pack of bread, toilet roll, water etc as the last thing you want to do when you have a late arrival flight is try find a supermarket.

Overall the villa was a let down, but the pool and grounds were lovely. Personally based on our experience would not visit again. However would visit Sharm again, not the area or villa.

Soho square is lovely for hassle free shopping, bars, restaurants etc.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: pool area
Liked least: cleanliness
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Families with young children
Management Response
17 Jun 2015
Dear Guest,
Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave your detailed comment and some helpful suggestions.
I am very disappointed to read that we have not satisfied completely your expectations.

Although a lot of what you have written are absolutely not true and sometimes offensive, i will take all your issues into the right consideration and will investigate about all points, because for sure something went wrong.

The  unexpected number of guests joined you to the villa exceeded the maximum capacity of the villa and this caused an overload for wifi, electricity.ecc

I wanted to mention some important points:

-The villa is equipped with an automatic fire alarm.

-The villa is inside a touristic residential area and walking distance from the villa there are some minimarkets and restaurants .Nabq center, Neama bay and Soho square are also not far away from the compound by car.

-Our Houskeeper Mohamed cleanens the villa daily during the stay of our guest(for free) and he can get our guest anything they need to buy from the supermarket without any extracharge.We don't just rent the villa but we give full assistance to our guests during their stay with anything they need to do.

Thanks a gain for your review.Your feedback is very important for us to improve our services.

We really care a lot about our guests and do always our best to anticipate their needs, let them leave the best experience in Sharm and feel home in the villa.

I do respect your opinion and really apologise to you and your family for any inconvenience .I hope you can give us a second chance to welcome you and your family back personally and to leave you with a beautiful memory of Villa Shahrazad. You can contact me for any future reservations or any enquiry.

Warmst regards
Khaled Ashour
Jakir A
London, United Kingdom
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed 14 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

As my friend Asher Nelson has left a review, I felt it is only right that I also leave a review since I loved and enjoyed this Villa and my stay in Egypt, Sharm El Sheikh very much.

We stayed in this villa for about 1 week with a large group of friends. The Villa is opposite the sea life resort where you can get a pass and enter and also go and have breakfast in the morning if it is not busy.

The Villa itself is huge, with 7 bedrooms, 1 being an en-suite and 2 with an apartment feel with a lounge and kitchen. 2 bedrooms were downstairs, 1 which has an amazing view to the garden and a mirrored door leading to it that you can open and enjoy the breeze and scenery (my room) and 5 bedrooms upstairs including the en-suite and apartment style rooms. There is also 4 bathrooms and 1 toilet which is more than enough for a large group staying. As mentioned in previous posts, the pictures does not do this Villa justice as the sheer size of this place is mind blowing.

But what made this Holiday and Villa really great was the hospitality we received from the Villa manager Max (who is now Uncle Max to us). He simply treated us like his family, he was always available to help us whether it was with medicine early in the morning if someone was feeling poorly or delivering us food from restaurants that do not do delivery services near enough midnight. He also has a cafe/restaurant in old market which has shisha, nice food and drinks (much better than any other places we have eaten at, we just wish we had spent more time eating there). Also me having bad luck during my times where my phone had crashed and stopped working, uncle Max was able to get it repaired for me straight away.

Uncle Max also provided us with our own driver so whenever we needed to go somewhere or had planned a day out, Mohammed or any of the other drivers would simply drop us off or even wait for us to finish our activity and take us back to the villa or anywhere else we'd like to go (they have great Egyptian music in the car).

As mentioned there is a small market down the road with your daily needs of mineral water, drinks and snacks for the villa at a very low price compared to the extortion prices everywhere else.

This trip to Egypt was meant to be just a holiday for us, but it turned out to be more than an amazing experience due to this amazing villa and the hospitality of Uncle Max, he is literally family to us now which is why we are coming back next year instead of travelling elsewhere.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Uncle Max & The Villa
Liked least: The holiday finished too soon :(
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ashern201...
London, United Kingdom
“Paradise!”
Reviewed 12 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Stayed in this villa for our stay in Sharm. Was simply amazing. Its in a residential complex but its right at the front. The sea life resort is just opposite and if its not a busy period they will let you in on a day pass for a charge to use their restaurants etc. (we didn't the Shahrazad guys also have a cafe in old market which is much better).

The sheer size of the place just can't be captured in pictures. Huge pool with waterfall and dipping pool, huge living area, a 2 bedroom self contained apartment and a further additional studio styled apartment... All rooms air conditioned etc.

In addition to that the people. Khaled is always an email away if needed but Max the manager went above and beyond to meet our needs. Any time of the day what ever we required! From stomach ache medicine at 7am in the morning to pizza hut at 11pm at night it was done! Cleaning services are also available from Ali and Mohammed2 upon request they would clean the house but by default they would clean the pool every day.

In addition to this they have their own drivers. Just a simple call to max and Mohammed or one of the other drivers will be there to pick you up any time in a fully air conditioned (in our case) bus. We are a young group and these guys honestly feel like our family ALWAYS looking out for us. We will 100% be back.

There is also a sort of small market that we used to buy our drinks. Max will introduce you to the shop keepers to ensure you get the best prices also.

If you are reading this and are thinking a villa will be the better choice to a hotel you are right. Yes its not all inclusive but the amount you get for your money makes up for that. They offer all the services the hotels offer but better and as you will be interacting with people other than hotel staff it will make your experience a lot more enjoyable.

As I said we would be 100% back and we are not an easy bunch to please!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Max our villa manager
Liked least: That we only booked 7 days :(
Your age range 18-24
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing