“One of the best in Naama”

Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort
Ranked #46 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London
“One of the best in Naama”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I travel to Sharm around 4 times a year to visit friends and have stayed in many hotels in the Naama Bay area. This was the second time I have stayed at the Hilton Fayrouz and is definitely one of the best. Beautiful grounds that are kept superbly and the pool area was also clean. The rooms were spotlessly cleaned on a daily basis and always a new design with the towels and beds sprinkled with flower petals. The hotel is quiet (apart from the odd plane overhead but you can't avoid that as the planes fly so low over all the hotels in the area).

We were only here on a B&B basis and there was a wide choice at breakfast (I love their scrambled eggs!).

The hotel beach is literally 2 minutes away and is clean and quiet. The sun beds were so comfortable they are more like real beds! Lovely big clean towels every day.

The only negative thing was that when checking out, they tried to charge me nearly 70LE for 1 drink & 1 chocolate bar from the rooms mini bar (should have come to 23LE). When I queried this, they told me it was tax! I didn't agree and after some persuasion, they re-printed my invoice which then came to 25LE. It was a shame to end such a fantastic stay on a slightly negative note but it certainly wouldn't put me off staying here again.

Overall, an excellent hotel in a great location.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, 5 February 2012
Dear Valuable guest ,

Firstly . please accept our thanks for taking the time to write about your latest experience at Hilton Sharm el Sheikh Fayrouz.

It is our pleasure to see that in general you were satisfied with our services rendered.
Also please accept our apology for the wrong charges posted on your bill. Investigations have been taken to ensure its non reoccurance.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to your second home - HIlton Fayrouz- when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable as you would wish.

Kind Regards ,

Manal Anwar - PA to General Manager

For \ Gilaine Guirguis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My husband and I spent a week at this hotel over New Year. Overall it was a good holiday, but I have come home with a feeling of being ripped off. When we arrived after a 5 .1/2 hr journey, feeling tired and slightly disorientated all we wanted to do was to check in, have something to eat and rest. However, on checking in we were told to book our place for the New Year Eve's Gala Dinner with a member of staff who was set up on a desk next to the Reception. I asked if this could be done the following day, New Year's Eve being 4 days away, but was told that it had to be done right away because tables were being booked up quickly. We were informed that our holiday provider would cover the cost of the food for the gala dinner, but we would have to pay for the drink. We were shown a wine list, all similarly priced - white, red and rose. We chose rose.
On the evening of the gala dinner our waiter brought our wine and made sure that our glasses were topped up, asking if we would like another bottle. Thankfully we didn't because when we checked out of the hotel, we found that we had been charged 50 English pounds for the wine, including service charge and tax etc. I complained, but was told that I was shown the price when I ordered it, so there was nothing they could do.
Normally a bottle of wine would cost about 17 English pounds when bought at the restaurants, so I really did feel ripped off! I feel we were pushed to order this wine at a time when we had not familiarised ourselves with the exchange rate, had it been the following day I would have most certainly not have ordered it.

In all this spoilt what was quite a good holiday, although I do feel that the hotel room was a bit tired looking and could have done with a bit of refurbishment. Probably more of a 4* than a 5*. The food in the main restaurant in the evening was not what I have been used to in other 5* hotels, sometimes the food was only luke warm and both my husband and I had a bad stomach whilst there. However, the Italian restaurant was very good, with the pasta and pizza cooked fresh.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Margaret W
Dear Marge26-52 ,

Thanks for the time you have taken to write about your latest experience at the HIlton Sharm el SHeikh Fayrouz Resort as it is only through the feedback of your valued guests that we are able to assess our performance and enhance where need be.

Please accept our apology for any inconvience that you have felt for the New year's eve. To clarify things though, the wine list available and which was presented to your goodself for the New year is all imported and the rate paid is exactly what was in the list. On the other hand, our local wine list available in the outlets is worth less as per your comment.
As for the hotel condition, we are currently in the process of unlifting our rooms to enhance our guests' experience.

It will be a great honor to the Hilton Fayrouz team and management to welcome you back in the very near future.

Kind Regards,

Manal Anwar - PA to General Manager

For / Gilaine Guirguis

Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Stayed here for 1 week on November 2011.We have stayed at this lovely resort 6 times over the years and is our favourite hotel in sharm.this hotel as lovely grounds and the best beach in Naama Bay.The service we have recieved over the years as been exellant.The room are well furnished and are a good size and are cleaned to a exellant standard.The Hilton Fayrouz food is very good buffet breakfast e.g. several choices of fruit juice,cereals, freshly baked cakes and breads are readily available,salad cooked meats cheeses. hot cooked breakfast as lots of choices,also a egg chef who will cook to your liking.the hotel has an evening meal program with various entertainment.A pub with entertainment and live football.this hotel is a short walk from the centre of Naama Bay where there are lots of bars and restaurants we recommend the China house restaurant where we have eaten many times over the years the food and service is allways exellent this restaurant is on the top of the shopping mall, you can eat inside if the weather is chilly, they serve chinese thai and indian also sushi they have chefs from all these countries shopping is good I bought a gorgous leather handbag at a reasonable price you will need to barter a fair price.The hard Rock Cafe also serves exellant food, service is fast and very good,there is a great atmosphere at the Hard rock you can go for food or drinks.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a pool in front of them at the lower end of the resort these are our favouri...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank zeldazoom63
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Dear Zeldazoom,

Thank you for the time you have taken to write about your stay at your second home in Egypt,
it was pleasure to see that in general you enjoyed your holiday specially the variety of the food during the breakfast buffet and your evening time at the hotel pub with the live entertainment and live football games . I am glad that the central location of the hotel made you enjoying your time around the city .

The Hilton Fayrouz Team is awaiting the pleasure to welcome you back in the very near future to Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Resort your second home .

For \
Gilaine Guirguis
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Stayed for a week in New Year of 2012, arriving on Jan 2nd. Was pleased with the beautiful resort, grounds are fab and the beach was lovely and quiet with plenty of beds and a great reef for snorkelling. I am a diver when not pregnant so was very pleased to enjoy such a great reef just off the beach.

Our initital room was not a great idea as they'd put us in a connecting room where we could hear every word from our neighbours but they moved us very quickly the next morning. We did then have a problem with an ant invasion but again this was sorted after a couple of phone calls and a request by my husband to pull the beds out and clean the whole floor!

We were half board and the food was good. We preferred the Italian restaurant on the beach for our evening meal as it was less canteen like than the main Wadi restaurant. The food was lovely - fresh pasta, pizza and lovely salads.

The staff were great - very friendly and welcoming and made a real fuss of our baby daughter. Nour in the restaurant presented her with a bauble off the Christmas tree everyday at breakfast which she loved!

We hired a private boat via Sun and Fun on the Hilton beach - it was so relaxing and we were well treated by Wael the guide. Highly recommend it!

Watch out for a guy with curlyish hair selling newspapers at the fish restaurant end of the beach - he has a price written on his magazines (all old) then says that's just a code and you owe him more. We heard him adjusting prices after he'd been asked to assist with inflating a small boat as well. Total con artist (nothing to do with the Hilton by the way - just hangs around near their gates)

The rooms are in need of renovation which is why I have downgraded this from excellent to very good. However they are very comfortable and the fantastic shower makes up for it - constant powerful stream of hot water - no variation in temperature as is often the case. Our daughter slept very well in the travel cot provided. We did hear a bit of loud music until 3am a couple of nights but my ear plugs drowned it out. Not sure where it was coming from but it did annoy my husband a bit.

A tip to other travellers would be to think carefully about what view you want from the room. You can barely see the sea as the beach is covered in parasols and the rooms are at an angle where there isn't much of a view of it in any case. The main pool isn't very pretty whereas the gardens are beautiful - green and floral.

There are some different cultural practices between Brits and Russians. I did see cute small girls spitting by the pool and some reusing our beach towels as well as a woman sitting butt naked on the material covered sunloungers without a towel down. Also a man taking 10 boiled eggs from the breakfast buffet made me chuckle! It was quiet enough to avoid them though.

Christmas does go on a long time in Egypt - the day we left (9th Jan) we were still hearing 'We wish you a merry Christmas' and we were ready to shoot the speakers :) That said the decorations were absolutely superb and our daughter was so excited by them!

One thing I'd suggest to the Hilton is separating smokers and non-smokers at the outdoor areas of the restaurants. It is vile having the man at the next table blow smoke over you when eating and for many Europeans and Americans it isn't acceptable now. The main restaurant is thankfully non-smoking inside but we didn't dare sit outside to enjoy the sunshine during breakfast because of the smokers.

I would recommend the Fayrouz above Sonesta Beach and Hilton Sharks Bay - previously stopped at both, neither has the beach or grounds to rival the Fayrouz. We would return there for any future Sharm trips.

Room Tip: Gardens have best views.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jlf77
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Dear jlf 77,

It is pleasure to read your stay feedback at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort , I am glad to see how you enjoyed your holiday with your family and pleased with the staff service , our private beach and snorking time and were satisfied with the food buffet specially the Italian restaurant evening meal .

I was concerend to read your comments and notices , please rest assured that your comments have been passed to all concerned department for direct rectification. Moreover, we are running some refurbishments to enhance our product levels and ensure the Hilton Standards are properly delivered.

Again , Thank you very much for your lovely comments and for time you have taken to write about your stay at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort , as it is only through the feedback of our valued guests that we are able to access our performance and hence develop where need be.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Me and my family went to Sharm and the Hilton Fayrouz over Xmas 2011 and were very impressed at the way the resort was illuminated and decorated for Xmas, we thoroughly enjoyed our week stay at the resort and found the location ideal for the private beach, Naama bay and local restaurants etc with a good selection of restaurants and bars to spend your time outside of the hotel complex. The attentive staff were always willing to help with any matters and special mention goes to Bassine on the main pool and bar who always made the kids smile and attended at are every need when required. If I decide to visit Sharm again I my first choice will always be the Fayrouz. The only minor issue I would advise is the Kids club which has good facilities but could be maintained better for example the room seems unclean and dirty and if maintained would be benficial to the hotel. Thanks for a great holiday we will be back!
Positives - Comfort and cleanliness of rooms, location, Heated swimming pools, Spa, hotel facilities

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear northside77,

It is pleasure to read about your stay feedback over Christmas 2011 , I am glad to see how you and your family enjoyed your holiday and Hilton Fayrouz Staff service and hospitality .

I was concerened to read your comments about the kids club , please rest assured that your comments have been passed to all concerned departments for direct rectification

Northside 77 , Thank you for the time you have taken the time to write your lovely comments about our staff service specially Bassim at Pool Bar , I will share you feedback with our head departments and team members as it is only through the feedback of our valued guests that we are able to access our performance and hence develop where need be.