“Fantastic Holiday”

Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #34 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We returned last week from a 1 week stay at the Sensatori... We have stayed here previously when it was the Conrad and we enjoyed it then.

Flight
Firstly though, the flight truly is terrible, the seats are cramped and uncomfortable, my husband is 6' 2" and broad shouldered.. we felt sorry for the person who had to sit next to him, I am used to sharing my space with him!
No entertainment on board, but we knew this from reading other reviews and armed ourselves with an Ipod each and a good book!

Check In
On arrival at reception, we were handed a cool orange drink and a cold flannel, nice after a long flight.
Check in was smooth, Khaleed took us on a 'golf type' buggy to our room, but not before giving us a little tour of the resort before hand, which was a bit of fun!

Rooms
Our room was in block 1, with a fabulous sea view and a Jacuzzi on the Balcony. The Room was spotless and our cleaner introduced himself the next day, nothing was too much trouble for him and he took great pride in his work!
The double bed was very large and very comfy, the bathroom was spotless and we never had any problems with hot water like some people have mentioned.

Downside: We were in Room 1316, directly underneath the Gym, at 6.30am for the first 2 mornings, it sounded like something was coming through the roof...disturbing our sleep and really annoying me... so quick investigation, at 6.30am by me, proved it to be 2 guys doing 'weights'...But hardly their fault that there was no sound proofing..!
We asked for a Room change, which they sorted for us within half an hour, just down the hall to 1311!
No questions asked, which led me to believe that we were not the first to request a room change because of the Gym...

The Jacuzzi's are great, and nice to relax in after a day on the beach, but like other's have mentioned, there is not a great deal of privacy, especially if you are on the 2nd Floor, but everyone seemed to acknowledge this and not 'peer' into each others private space!

Beach
We sunbathed on the Beach every day, the Beds are really comfy and the Beach Waiter comes along for your drinks requests regularly.
Tip: get your towels down there early if you want to be at the front of the Beach!
The Jetty is great for a walk down for a bit of a breeze and to fish watch.. if you get chance to snorkel, the reef is simply amazing of the end of this Jetty

The buffet restaurant - I hated it, I am a fussy eater and found hardly anything to my liking, my husband will eat anything and didn't mind too much
All the Desserts look fab, but tend to be smothered in nuts of various kinds and I have an intolerance, so I couldn't go anywhere near (I did try asking if any were Nut Free, but it fell on deaf & confused ears.. I gave up)

A La Carte
Ok, the booking system is a pain, but I got here at about 9.45 in the morning and started chatting to the others in the queue, it's nice way of meeting people and also get their opinions on the resort & restaurants!
Casa Bianca: This was nice, but a bit 'thin' on the Italian flavour and choice, a big favourite with lots of guests though.
Marhaba: Loved it, ate here twice and it was superb, the Egyptian soup is wonderful, as is the Tunisian Brik, ambiance and staff second to none.
Tiran Diner: We only ate here at lunchtime, i had the the Lime Chicken or the Sea Bass, lovely food and great eating on the 'Beach'. The menu changes for the evening and a couple of friends ate here and enjoyed it.

Pay Restaurants
Stonegrill: This was superb, only Beer and Soft Drinks are free, but if you are not bothered about alcohol with your meal, then it's worth paying for a meal here, we had the fillet steaks, that come on their own Hot Plate for you to cook to your liking, absolutely lovely and about £9.00 each! Well worth the money
Gokan: We never ate here, it always looked rather empty, but believe it is lovely food.

Entertainment:
Piano Bar
This seemed to be the main 'hub' where people drank in the evening, the Piano music grated on us after a few nights and alternative music a couple of nights would not have gone amiss as the Lobby Bar lacks personality (although the Staff are lovely)
Clubhouse
Again, we were looking forward to drinking in here, but it lacked personality and didn't really have anything going for it, which was a shame. There were a few acts flown in, but they were on a bit too late in the evening for us, 11pm at night, it would have been better starting at 9pm

We went once to a show... We live near Blackpool, seen it all before, enough said..!!

All in all, we had a great holiday, sunbathing, reading, chilling and eating lovely food in the Restaurants.
All the Staff are lovely and I did not find any of them surly because I am woman as 1 reviewer has suggested!

Tips: All the restaurants have 'anti bacterial' hand stations at the entrance, use them! You will not be ill if you are careful, trust me, I have a weak tummy!!

Enjoy...

Room Tip: Rooms with a Sea View lose the Sun around 3.30 to 4pm, Rooms 1315 to 1317 will suffer from noise fro...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
26  Thank phoenixfireflame
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Dear phoenixfireflame,

Thank you for your review, your comments and support. We will immediately look into the nuts-free pastry items and ensure their constant existence, also announce them by a buffet signage and train our team members on further understanding this.

The ala carte restaurants system, 10 days ago we have made some enhancements to the system, increased the capacity of the restaurants and since then it is so much better and the queues came to minimum. Although i appreciate your positive vision on the queues!

thank you for your comments and support and hope to welcome you again in Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh

Regards
Mohamed Shaarawi

Reviewed 27 April 2012

we have just returned from the most idylic holiday you could ever wish and hope to take. The Sensatori Sharm is just excellent in every way. the check in could not be smoother and the check out was the same. everyone around does there best to help you. When we were shown our room it took our breathe away. The fixtures and fittings are all high end and a delight to the eye. our bathroom was huge and had mood lighting, jacuzzi bath with robes and slippers. the beds were the comfiest i have ever slept in on holiday. the linen was delightful and all these things really matter to us for a nice holiday. the room was spotlessly clean and fantastically attended to everyday by our lovely boy. the views from our balcony are ones you dream about. ! the beach is lovely and sandy and well attended to each day and the waiter service is such a bonus when all you want to do is relax. there are many pools and so you dont feel like anywhere is overcrowded with people at all. you also do not have to do the ninja 5am towel run, there are really so many areas to sun bathe its just not necessary. the nightly fountain show to music is so nice to see and a lovely touch. the buffet restaurant is well run and kept very clean at all meal times (much better than i have ever seen in any hotel) the food choice is outstanding ! we also ate in the mahaba, and the tiran restaurants and the food choice was delicous. we loved the casa blanca and the added bonus of an excellent musician who played the most delightful music. the champagned reception was a nice touch on a very balmy evening that made you feel really special to be there. this hotel is worth every single penny you pay. we had just had a fantastic weeks cruise around the red sea but were just so pleased with every single aspect of this hotel that is run so so well. the piano bar is a great way to spend the evening with good entertainement of all styles to suit all tastes. the shows in the main theatre are varied and worth seeing, much better than any hotel we have seen in egypt. we are absoloutely definately going back next year. we are not even looking anywhere else. you just simply could not get a hotel that offers so much with the service from staff who smile the same at 11 pm as they do at 9am. The Sensatori Sharm is in every way an outstanding hotel that is run very well and does all it can for its residents. thank you to all who work there who made our stay such a happy one. we will see you all next year.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
20  Thank Brookdaleparkgirls

Dear Brookdaleparkgirls,

Thank you very much for your review and support. actually our front office manager told me to look for a review to come with this header. Glad to know you have enjoyed your stay with us and more to know on your planning to return. Thank you again and looking forward to welcome you back

regards
Mohamed

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Flight with Thomsons from Doncaster. Reasonable leg room, excellent cabin crew. Approach to Hotel is terrible and entered reception area which was basic in the extreme. All the staff without exception were first class. We were delighted with our room. There were many children in the Hotel and most of them were quite young. From what we saw and heard the children were very happy in the hotel. We spent every day on the beach and each lunchtime we ate in the Tiran Beach Restaurant. We did not like the main restaurant. Although there is an adults only dining area, not so the buffet area which we called the "canteen". On one night we had a cheese and biscuits and fresh fruit "take away" with a few glasses of wine on the balcony and we enjoyed that very much. The a la carte restaurants were more to our liking but even though we ate quite late we were never far away from noisy children. All in all we had a good time with beautiful weather but the Thomson Sensatori holiday did not really live up to our expectations..

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and that's what we got.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Linda C
Reviewed 26 April 2012

DO NOT GO TO THIS RESORT, PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY TO THE END, PLEASE

I have never complained in this way about holiday i have been on, yes i have complained about a bad meal, like most of you, but never encountered anything like this

Being a very experienced traveller, this review will give both positive and negative feedback. The truth and nothing but the truth. "Without Prejudice" ofcourse.
Please let me begin by telling you that the brochure, what you see and how its discribed, is a million miles away from the actual resort itself. However it would not take much to resolve these issues.

DO NOT GO TO THIS RESORT

Package holidays are exactly what they say they are, you need to get your head round that.

DO NOT GO TO THIS RESORT....you getting the message..........lol

This is in no way whatsoever a 5 star or anywhere near it. I would say its close to a 3 star in the UK if it wasnt for the general cleanliness of their "disgusting" bathrooms, which makes it a possible 2 star! The rooms in the local Travel lodge are cleaner and tidier. This 10 day break cost around £3,800.00, may i suggest that there are much much better places to stay than this resort, for that kind of money. Do not be fooled by Thomsons, like every travel agent, they just want your hard earned cash. I will attach a list below of whats terrible as well as the attached photos to confirm.

We flew out on the cramped (no in flight entertainment) 5.5hr flight. The staff were lovely. Arrived in Egypt, all pretty straight forward stuff. Got to the "5* Fuel your senses resort", oh dear.
The reception, apart from the beautifully tiled floor lol, is cold and uninviting, quickly hearded through to the cold staff at reception. Whisked of on golf buggies to rooms, some luggage flying off other guests carts just thrown back on!!! Then down to the room....YUK

Our room being a swim-up family room with beach front views! Firstly"swim-up" what a con.... where the bloody hell do you swim up from..DOH its just another communial swimming pool ...you cant actually swim up from anywhere, it is a pool for 20 or so rooms approx.....nothing more nothing less...oh but with the extra costs of course of a swim up room.

With-in the first 2 hours we had the bed linen changed "TWICE" once because there was huge red stains on the linen, the other because of the dead ants on the sheets !!!! Awful. I complained to Thomsons, but the room attendent begged me not to go to them again as he would get into trouble, no bloody wonder. The room was continually filthy, never ever cleaned properly, which seemed to be the same for most of the folks i got chatting too. However the bathroom was nothing short of absolutely disgusting. Leaking toilet pipes, terrible smells, mold and filth everywhere, please check out my photos..........Just dont go to this reort. It was never cleaned properly in the 10 days we were there, neither was out neighbouring rooms nor many others again we chatted to. We had damp coming from the bathroom into the bedroom. Our sun lounger allocated to our room terrace was lovely, check out the photo nothing short of revolting, covered in stains and residue from god knows what.

Then comes Thomsons "Trump card" oh the lovely restaurants with there themes. Yeah if you can get into them hahahahhaha. What an absolute joke. The booking system means you have to queue at one of the 4 "pods" within the hotel in the morning for about 45mins(every morning remember), to book for the following 2 evenings(then the 2nd evening thereafter). However if your a new guest "TOUGH POO" as the other guests who have been there prior to your arrival have booked up the next 2 evenings, not including your arrival evening. So you are left with the general free for all restaurant........OOOOO hhh dear, for 3 nights if your an unlucky camper. The exclusive "Fountain View" can only be descibed as, my 7 year old sons school dinners. Well actually his are better. With all the other guests fighting for their dinner, the mixture of chips in the carrots etc etc and the puddings all congealed into one sort of splurge....no thank you Mr Thomsons.

My sons bed was a filthy 2 seater sofa with a queen size quily laying all over the floor which the local Ant comminity loved!!!!! another disgrace. There is a picture i have attached of what just looks like a tiled bathroom wall, this was an oily handprint which was there when we arrived and still there when we left lol.

The rooms are not as described in the brochure, it doesnt say as the Thomson rep "Jo" said "obviously 5* in Egypt is not the same as back home, the workmans standards are not as good" maybe not "Jo" but my standards stay the same. So where in the brochure does it say that.

As im ranting , may i say that generally the staff make you feel very welcome. But thats the same in every hotel in Egypt, egyptian people are generally very friendly!

The truth is ladies and gents that this is definately not a 5 star luxury break in any sense of the word. Sure the beach is clean and tidy. Yeah, the pool area was ok , apart from my son cutting his foot on a broken cover which was reported but not fixed for a further 4 days.

Its just not good enough, in fact the more i think about the more i feel robbed a little. Its not the staff in the shops fault so dont blame them.

Thomsons, appalling rooms in this resort will make me NEVER to use Thomsons again. They have just wallpapered over another tired old resort !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now taking Thomsons(TUIUk & Ireland) to the small claims court to try and recover some of my hard earned cash. Thats how strongly i feel about this. I have offered up everything to Thomsons. The local shop manager was incredibly embarassed and the MD, Nick Longman(01582-646805), well he offered me £100 towards my next holiday. 5 star my backside ....its a joke.

Should anybody else want the Managing Directors direct dial numbers or email please feel free to contact myself. scottyf1@hotmail.com

DO NOT GO TO THIS RESORT

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Scott F
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed as a family of four at this hotel in the Easter holidays. It was very busy, but we had a great time and have booked to go back next year. We stayed around the pool every day, and our two girls (age 9 and 6) found friends to play with and were completely happy too. For the first time in ten years, I managed to read four books on a week's holiday.

The food in all the restaurants is very good, but the middle eastern restaurant, the Marhaba, is easily the best. Every restaurant has a very sensible children's menu.

We had a whirlpool room which was very quiet and looked out to sea. I would stay in one of those again. The whole hotel is very clean and smart - very modern. Lots of marble and glass. All the staff really are very friendly and helpful.

The only two drawbacks were the race to get your towels on sunbeds at 7am, but we had a 9 year old to do that, and the restaurant booking system, which is a faff, but if you play the game at 10am every day, then you can eat in all the restaurants at roughly the time you want to be there. Some people queue up from 9.15 each day - go to the booking machines at 9.45 and you'll be fine.

This is a good hotel - I would recommend it.

Room Tip: The whirlpool rooms are worth the money.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family