We returned last week from a 1 week stay at the Sensatori... We have stayed here previously when it was the Conrad and we enjoyed it then.
Firstly though, the flight truly is terrible, the seats are cramped and uncomfortable, my husband is 6' 2" and broad shouldered.. we felt sorry for the person who had to sit next to him, I am used to sharing my space with him!
No entertainment on board, but we knew this from reading other reviews and armed ourselves with an Ipod each and a good book!
On arrival at reception, we were handed a cool orange drink and a cold flannel, nice after a long flight.
Check in was smooth, Khaleed took us on a 'golf type' buggy to our room, but not before giving us a little tour of the resort before hand, which was a bit of fun!
Our room was in block 1, with a fabulous sea view and a Jacuzzi on the Balcony. The Room was spotless and our cleaner introduced himself the next day, nothing was too much trouble for him and he took great pride in his work!
The double bed was very large and very comfy, the bathroom was spotless and we never had any problems with hot water like some people have mentioned.
Downside: We were in Room 1316, directly underneath the Gym, at 6.30am for the first 2 mornings, it sounded like something was coming through the roof...disturbing our sleep and really annoying me... so quick investigation, at 6.30am by me, proved it to be 2 guys doing 'weights'...But hardly their fault that there was no sound proofing..!
We asked for a Room change, which they sorted for us within half an hour, just down the hall to 1311!
No questions asked, which led me to believe that we were not the first to request a room change because of the Gym...
The Jacuzzi's are great, and nice to relax in after a day on the beach, but like other's have mentioned, there is not a great deal of privacy, especially if you are on the 2nd Floor, but everyone seemed to acknowledge this and not 'peer' into each others private space!
We sunbathed on the Beach every day, the Beds are really comfy and the Beach Waiter comes along for your drinks requests regularly.
Tip: get your towels down there early if you want to be at the front of the Beach!
The Jetty is great for a walk down for a bit of a breeze and to fish watch.. if you get chance to snorkel, the reef is simply amazing of the end of this Jetty
The buffet restaurant - I hated it, I am a fussy eater and found hardly anything to my liking, my husband will eat anything and didn't mind too much
All the Desserts look fab, but tend to be smothered in nuts of various kinds and I have an intolerance, so I couldn't go anywhere near (I did try asking if any were Nut Free, but it fell on deaf & confused ears.. I gave up)
A La Carte
Ok, the booking system is a pain, but I got here at about 9.45 in the morning and started chatting to the others in the queue, it's nice way of meeting people and also get their opinions on the resort & restaurants!
Casa Bianca: This was nice, but a bit 'thin' on the Italian flavour and choice, a big favourite with lots of guests though.
Marhaba: Loved it, ate here twice and it was superb, the Egyptian soup is wonderful, as is the Tunisian Brik, ambiance and staff second to none.
Tiran Diner: We only ate here at lunchtime, i had the the Lime Chicken or the Sea Bass, lovely food and great eating on the 'Beach'. The menu changes for the evening and a couple of friends ate here and enjoyed it.
Stonegrill: This was superb, only Beer and Soft Drinks are free, but if you are not bothered about alcohol with your meal, then it's worth paying for a meal here, we had the fillet steaks, that come on their own Hot Plate for you to cook to your liking, absolutely lovely and about £9.00 each! Well worth the money
Gokan: We never ate here, it always looked rather empty, but believe it is lovely food.
This seemed to be the main 'hub' where people drank in the evening, the Piano music grated on us after a few nights and alternative music a couple of nights would not have gone amiss as the Lobby Bar lacks personality (although the Staff are lovely)
Again, we were looking forward to drinking in here, but it lacked personality and didn't really have anything going for it, which was a shame. There were a few acts flown in, but they were on a bit too late in the evening for us, 11pm at night, it would have been better starting at 9pm
We went once to a show... We live near Blackpool, seen it all before, enough said..!!
All in all, we had a great holiday, sunbathing, reading, chilling and eating lovely food in the Restaurants.
All the Staff are lovely and I did not find any of them surly because I am woman as 1 reviewer has suggested!
Tips: All the restaurants have 'anti bacterial' hand stations at the entrance, use them! You will not be ill if you are careful, trust me, I have a weak tummy!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort puts you just footsteps from the sand. It is set on a beach overlooking Ras Nosrani Bay across 37 scenic acres of landscaped gardens fronting a stretch of over 600 meters of pristine sandy beaches. Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort is located across Tiran Island and close to the world-famous Ras Mohammed National Park, both considered to be two of the best diving spots in the world. The resort is also conveniently situated near Sharm El Sheikh Airport, the city centre, marina and the various attractions in and around Sharm El Sheikh. BALANCE and CHOICE, running through the whole Sensatori experience. On the one hand there are action-packed activities; on the other, ultra-relaxing spa treatments. Likewise, gourmet cuisine sits alongside fast food. The secret to it all and the main focus lies in the attention to details. The hotel offers 470 guest rooms and suites categorized to 19 room/suite types, all dressed in modern stylish fixtures and furniture. All rooms are equipped with electronic key lock, 32” LCD television and 40” in suites, mini bar, safe box, iPod docking station, iron/ironing board, tea and coffee kettle and a luxury bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub and mood light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Booking.com so you can book your Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh By Coral Sea Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Conrad Sharm El Sheikh Resort
- Sharm El-Sheikh Conrad