“Iberotel Club Fanara” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
“Iberotel Club Fanara”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I visited this hotel twice, in summer 2010 and in summer 2011 again. The main reason for I came back, was amazing coral reef probably the best in this area. In recent years I stayed in some hotels in Nabq, Naama Bay and Hadaba. Bur really I don´t find coral reef like this.
Room – We had a room at the Residence part of the hotel, comfortable and was kept clean.It was quite small, but we had two nice balcony.
Food – very good, there was several varieties of meats, rice, vegetables, pasta and salads and amazing desserts.
Staff – the staff were so friendly, they made our holiday complete.
Pools – never went in
Other services – there is offered massage, nails, hair and feet treatments. I love to get massage so I enjoyed 5 times Thai massage. Really amazing quality massage.
Professional photographic services - But what I wanted definitely go back again was photographer Ahmed Emam. By my first visit I hesitated a lot… I had worse experience with hotel photographers from the past. But I saw he did very nice family and couples photos. Usually I don´t like to let someone to take photo of me. But he changed my opinion. The photographer Ahmed was so easy to along with, funny and professional. I enjoyed my photo session and he made me fell more beautiful again. You will feel like model or movie star if you try it. And you could get amazing souvenir from your holiday. Better than all the folly things from a souvenir and gift shops. A beautiful memory of holidays!!! I have to say I don´t hesitate to show this photos anyone. Unfortunately I didn´t find him there next season in 2011. It is a shame, because I would like have a more photos like this. Hopefully he will be back in Fanara next season.
Animation team – was pretty bored
Beach - The great advantage is that you don´t need use pontoon out into sea. The snorkelling was fantastic. The coral reef is extremely rich in life colour. You can find here reef plate in lagoon and reef wall at the outer edge of the reef. You will see just a few meters from the shore and just a few centimetres below the surface of the water new surprising world. I wondered how many people still don´t understand the fragile ecosystem and the general rules of how to protect this area for future generations. I really can´t understand how sensible person can walk over the corals. They were mostly Russians. I hoped everybody knows that walking on the reef kills coral polyps. There are numerous types of corals: Soft coral, Fire coral, Finger coral Raspberry coral etc. Butterfly fish circle close to the reef meeting team of parrot fish, I saw Blue-Spotted Stingray on the bottom in the sand. Lionfish is nocturnal, during the day you can see its dorsal fin sticking from cervices in lagoon. Often could be observed Moon Wrasse fish, Emperor Angelfish, and Picassofish.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Radka M
Amro G, Manager at Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Guests,
thank you for choosing JAZ Fanara Resort to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.
As a result of our efforts. This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements

Amro Gamal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

just came back from this hotel, it was just lovely, for the price we paid you cant expect more.

food, room, stuff were very good

the beach are amazing and view is just take your breath away

it was perfect family holiday

I think we would come back to this hotel next year

Room Tip: we paid extra and got superior family room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AnnaLeeLOVE

Birzai, Lithuania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

Labai geras/Very amazing.
We have just returned from a weeks stay in this hotel. Room - we had a superior room which is in the Club part of the hotel. This had everything we needed (but no tea/coffee facilities) and was kept clean by a very friendly room attendant who enjoyed making sculptures out of towels, and occasionally got us bowls of fruit and plates of cakes for our room. He seemed more excited about these touches than we were, but I guess it gets pretty boring cleaning rooms all day long. The room overlooked the Reef Oasis hotel next door, and we could hear disco music quite loud until gone midnight most evenings. Food - breakfast were good, lunches were also very good down by the pool overlooking the bay. Evening meals were less exciting, although you could always find plenty to eat, and I enjoyed the Lebanese night. You could also eat at the Italian restaurant at the other end of the hotel, which we did once and enjoyed. All the waiting staff were very good, keeping the areas tidy etc. Bars - during the day you could get drinks from the pool bar or the beach bar, including free access to water coolers and fizzy drinks pumps. There was also "proper" coffee available at the pool bar, which was a plus for me. The main bar in the hotel was open all day/night, and was very nice with an outside terrace with entertainment in the evening. The only drawback was that this was the only place to have a drink in the evening, we never found the bar in the residence area, and can only assume it was closed. Pools - looked nice, never went in. Beach - I liked the beach, there was helpful friendly staff down there who would set up the sun loungers for you in the morning. Also Ahmed took groups out snorkelling every morning, and was good for a general conversation, he appreciated help with his English. The snorkelling was good, if you went at low tide you had to be careful the line you swam out to the drop off, but once you knew the best way it was OK. Once out at the drop off you could swim left over a garden area until reaching a wall and then a corner where shoals of fusiliers were stalked by big travelly and the like. Over to the right is Temple Reef, where one morning we saw a turtle. In the area closest to the beach there is a large moray eel that can be seen hidden under the rocks if you look carefully, also a pair of clown fish (Nemo) live on an anemone on a rock in a metre of water just off the beach, lots of blue spotted rays plus all the usual fish you would expect to see.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

We have just returned from a weeks stay in this hotel.
Pools - looked nice, never went in.
Beach - I liked the beach, there was helpful friendly staff down there who would set up the sun loungers for you in the morning. Also Ahmed took groups out snorkelling every morning, and was good for a general conversation, he appreciated help with his English. The snorkelling was good, if you went at low tide you had to be careful the line you swam out to the drop off, but once you knew the best way it was OK. Once out at the drop off you could swim left over a garden area until reaching a wall and then a corner where shoals of fusiliers were stalked by big travelly and the like. Over to the right is Temple Reef, where one morning we saw a turtle. In the area closest to the beach there is a large moray eel that can be seen hidden under the rocks if you look carefully, also a pair of clown fish (Nemo) live on an anemone on a rock in a metre of water just off the beach, lots of blue spotted rays plus all the usual fish you would expect to see. The main problem is the damage to the corals and the number of numpties that seem to think they can walk over the corals to the drop off. No amount of shouting, whistling, calling through the loud hailer seemed to have an effect, we wondered how people could get themselves to the red sea resorts and still not understand the fragile ecosystem and the general rules of how to protect it. However, I would say that the majority of these people came from the public beach next door, rather than guests of the hotel. We also saw an Osprey sitting on the flag pole at the beach, before taking off over the water.
We used the Diving and Discovery Dive Centre, who were very good, friendly and efficient. My husband is a qualified diver, I'm a non-diver, we were able to go out on the boat together and I could snorkel whilst others were diving. The boat was never too busy, and the on board food was excellent.
To clear up the matter of nationalities, this hotel does not feel dominated by any one nationality and did have a fair few British guests, a lot of French and Italians, some Germans , we met people from Croatia and Latvia and of course there were others from Eastern Europe including Ukraine and Russia. I never noticed anybody being rude or badly behaved in any way. The ambiance of the hotel was very good and friendly, it is not a big hotel, so it was easy to feel at home here. The majority of guests were more mature couples when we were there, although again it seems to cater for all. The animation team is Italian, and their shows in the evening were very slapstick, Benny Hill type humour, and they attempted to cater for all languages - it was easy to follow anyway!
All in all we enjoyed our stay at the Fanara and would not hesitate to go back. Please feel free to message me if you want more information.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank niftynotfifty

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

Four senior adults few from Bournemouth and had an excellent weeks holiday.
Two adjacent large rooms in main hotel.
Weather was perfect at 25 every day and only a gentle breeze.
The food was good and plentiful with all drinks included.
Staff were excellent.
Easy access to small beach via steps or slope.
Sea lovely and warm with superb reef and fish for hours of snorkelling.
Heating swimming pools.
Very good daily entertainment.
Lovely Italian restaurant.
Would definitely go there again.
Negatives:- Toilets a bit 'whiffy' in the rooms and at the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the ground floor in the main hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends