“Fantastic place just out of Sharm...”
Review of Sinai Old Spices

Sinai Old Spices
Reviewed 27 January 2012

My girlfriend & I have just spent a great 3 nights at Sinai Old Spices.

We stayed in the Saffron Room, it had everything we'd need, a huge bed, great bathroom and a kitchen area with a fridge, hot plate, toaster, kettle, coffee, sugar, cups, plates etc. Breakfast was yoghurt, toast & fruit juice left for you to have as and when you feel.We didn't need it in January but the room had air-con, it was also equipped with a TV that could pick up satellite channels.

Sinai Spices is a 10/15 minute drive or so from both Old Sharm and Naama Bay, out in an old Bedouin town nestled underneath a hill so you are by no means in the thick of it. The place has a fantastic roof terrace, we spent a good few hours catching some sun / reading up there.

Desi provided us with a mobile phone so we could call a taxi to take us where we needed to go. It would add up if you were going in and out of town a lot but can't see why you would do that. The driver was extremely polite and a really nice guy. He took us to see the mosque on our way home from Old Sharm one evening.

The owners were lovely and extremely helpful, we got a transfer to and from the place and any questions we had were answered with a smile.

In short, if you're not a resort type of person and you don't mind being a bit out of the way then this is the place for you - we had a great time there and would recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in Saffron and thought it was lovely (as long as you like the colour orange / saffron
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Robin075

Reviewed 21 December 2011

This hotel is nice and good for short stay in sharm and very cheap any way we like it we cant go wrong with them

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Aldo j
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Sinai Old Spices has much to recommend it: very tasteful décor and comfy accommodation, generally quiet, good internet access and a recommendation by the owner of an excellent snorkelling beach. But its location is far from the coast and decent restaurants (a nearby kebab place serves chicken kebab which looks like anything but chicken) and you have to add in taxi fares to and from. The biggest drawback, however, is the self-catered breakfast--sugared yoghurt, fruit drink, sugared cereal, white bread and jam. Ugh! It seems so out of keeping with the tastefulness of the furnishings. A bit of fruit instead of all that junk would make a big difference, along with providing soap if not shampoo. All in all, I think one could do better.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Caminoista
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Best B&B I have ever stayed in (and I have stayed in a lot). Cheap, quiet and the owners are great. It's a little out the way (10mins in the taxi) but they have a great taxi driver contact for a very reasonable price to get into town and he seems to be available 24/7!! Great rooftop terrace (suntrap).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank franky4f
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This B & B is tucked away just a short distance away from Naama Bay and the Old Market. I was pleasantly surprised that the B & B looked exactly like the pictures. I travel extensively and I was not looking for a busy mega resort. I was looking for a cosy home away from home. I am also married to an Egyptian and I needed a place that could also take care of our wedding celebration. The owners were able to understand and create the wedding celebration of my dreams. It was a little American and a little Egyptian. The hotel and trip is unforgettable. I have no complaints what so ever. The hotel provided milk, juice, coffee, tea and breakfast every morning. I was so delighted in the service and accomodations that I will recommend this hotel to everyone and all my friends.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple