“Don't waste your money”

Titanic Beach Spa & Aqua Park
Ranked #118 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We arrived on the 21/7/17 quite late in the evening with our 7 year old and 17 month old, first thing we were given were forms to fill out name passport number etc... We were then given our room key and was told to find the room, no other information or if we could get food or where to get a drink just basically see you later..
Once we got to our room thus is where the disappointment started, the room was filthy, cigarette ends in ash tray, dirty dirty toilet and bathroom, fridge didn't work front door didn't even close from inside, I'd already emailed hotel previous to our arrival requesting a cot but all we had was a standard double bed for the 4 of us . My husband went back up to reception to to ask to be moved to another room but the very helpful (not) receptionist Walid said its not my problem or job description. He was just rude and didn't want to help. My husband then spoke to Samir the assistant manager who said we couldn't move until the following day, he again requested a cot.. On his return from reception my husband had to find his way back to room ,we were down near the beach /aqau park which is in virtual darkness, he was walking on the footpath then next minute fell 3ft into lazy river. He had to swim in darkness to try to get out now soaking wet and broken phone. We just thank god he wasn't pushing the buggy or had our daughter with him.. (On closer inspection the following day we found the safety rope was missing and laying on the floor to stop you from walking into the lazy river). We had to stay in the dirty room all night with our suitcases pushed up against the front door and baby had to sleep in pushchair because no cot arrived.
The following morning we waited in reception to talk to the general manager. He seemed nice at first promised our room would be sorted straight away ,this was just talk our room didn't get sorted until nearly 3pm and he just wasn't concerned at all about my husband falling into lazy river. That night we took GM down to where this had happened showed him the safety rope on the floor he said he would sort it ,but it was still laying on the floor 2weeks later and probably still is.. He said there was light which was moonlight and that was sufficient..what a joke! In the evening the Aqua park is in darkness , you walk through this to get to the entertainment in theater so just be careful especially with kids because there is nothing to stop you falling in the pools. Only real complaint about our new room was we constantly found worms in the shower other than this it was ok to sleep in.
Regarding pools they are cleaned in mornings but to be honest need a good scrub, around the pool bar people have actually written there names in the scum line and of a night you can see all the dirt and rubbish floating on top of the water. Aqua park does get very busy ,it has some good slides but river Rapids only work for 40 mins a day (2 x 20 mins ) which is bit disappointing. Wave pool wasn't working at all because a child had drowned in there the week we arrived, I'm surprised there are not more accidents with the lack of safety in this hotel.
Food was appalling in the main 2 restaurants it's very repetitive and always cold you will only find a queue for chips and pasta. We did have a nice Chinese meal this was cooked by chef Sherif who is lovely and well worth a mention. The Mexican in palace side was also good. The Lebanese is terrible the food not cooked properly my husband was ill for 2 days just glad me and my daughter didn't eat any of it, the waiter in charge Amr has a really bad attitude. Beach bar restaurant is like a cattle market with only 2chefs preparing and serving they definitely need more staff here at lunch. Other than that there is a nice McDonald's at the senso mall down the road. Also it decreasedm is only served at lunch and dinner time if you want it inbetween you have to pay for it.
Evening entertainment was ok but not great, it would be nice to have more entertainment around the pool bar in evenings and not just the 1night that it currently is (Wednesday night singer). Other than this you have to walk through dark Aqua park to theater on the beach. Would've been nice to have some of the kids songs in English.
We found Aseem , Gerges and Mohamed (usually in operator room) on reception really nice and helpful the rest of the staff were rude and useless, management don't seem to give a dam also Olga on guest relations was horrid, she obviously has OCD and found it acceptable to shout and tell my 7 year old daughter off for literally putting her hand on her desk, I find this unacceptable and out the of order making my child upset for putting her hand on a table , not very nice woman. Most of the staff only give you the time of day if your throwing money at them, we did tip people but not so they'd say hello to us.
This hotel should definitely only be 2/3 star rated by Egyptian standards. All we can say is thank goodness for the wonderful weather.

Room Tip: Book a room in a different hotel.
5  Thank Sam C
There are newer reviews for Titanic Beach Spa & Aqua Park

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

It was a very good experience and a beautiful place and the animation team was great and friendly and special thanks to the beautiful Natasha and camaro it was wonderful.......
very beautiful weather and have aqua park

Stayed: August 2017
3  Thank fady r
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best hotels if you planning to visit hurghada ..restaurant and the aqua is very nice and the animation team is the most amazing and professional I had ever seen in hotels "Natasha and camaro" they are so kindly and make your stay unbelievable and more joy and enjoying

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2017

unpolitical staff specially Amr from reception, house keeping isnot prfessional all the stuff need to be replaced, food quality is very bad and low varities . Big pool but and great aqua park the sea isnot good as u must go to the marina

2  Thank engmostafaelgawady
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We returned from our one week stay at Titanic Beach Spa & Aqua Park 10 days ago. The hotel is fantastic, very well decorated and maintained. Reading the bad reviews I think they are written for a different hotel because they are completely opposite to our experience.The rooms and the grounds including the pools mere cleaned on daily basis and were spotless.The man cleaning our room, Mohammed, always made sure we had everything we needed.
Food was always fresh and well cooked; I do not understand the people criticising the food. Of course you won't find egg and bacon for breakfast in a muslim country but there are many other options. Yes, we had to queue for omelette and pasta but that was because they were made with the ingredients of our choice. Everything was tasty and well cooked and different choice every day. Plenty of vegetarian options and neither I nor my daughter had upset stomachs. But again if you look for junk food like chicken nuggets you definitely won't find it there. I would only suggest a bigger range of fruits. There are plenty of restaurant to choose from in the evening. I really liked the Chinese and the Mongolian but even the Lebanese was fantastic, they didn't have a vegetarian main but still managed to provide a good selection for my daughter and her huge appetite.

The pools were perfect . Many water slides at the aqua park and plenty of lifeguards but I feel they need more training on first aid. There was an accident with a little girl one day and they were not prepared to act adequately at all. I was not allowed to help as a nurse and there was a female doctor who was also ignored. We were just pushed away.
The beach was lovely and always plenty of sunbeds. the water was extremely warm but very shallow.
The entertainment team were doing a great job, always amusing us but never pushy, They were even teaching the guests to dance belly dances. Every evening there was a different performance, we enjoyed all programmes and never got bored.
The gym had a good range of equipment, never busy, I would only suggest a water dispenser there and some antibacterial gel to clean the appliances with after use.
We booked some massages at the spa including sauna, body scrub, steaming and medical massages with special oils which I didn't enjoy. The staff was very rough, me and my daughter were in the same room and instead of music we were listening to their conversation in Arabic. There was no privacy, the door was open all the time and there were many people passing by.
The rest of the staff at the hotel was working very hard, always smiling and making us feel not only respected but special. They were doing their best but still not able to cope with the workload. In my opinion the shortage of staff especially at the pool bars and the restaurants has to be addressed. The reception staff were very kind and always ready to help unlike some bad reviews but again they were struggling with the demand.
We booked a day out to Hurghada with Red sea Holidays in an air conditioned coach and that was a good value for money. The guide Abu was very knowledgeable and always ready to answer different questions. Also with the same company we went on a nice day out in a luxurious boat.We were taken for a snorkeling and then to the Paradise island where we had lunch. The island itself was a real jewel,something unbelievably beautiful. Abu and the snorkelling instructor Ray made the day unforgettable. They are true assets to Red Sea Holidays. We were very impressed overall with our Red Sea Holidays experience, always felt safe and well looked after.

6  Thank Marusya S