1,884 results
All reviews red sea holidays oasis restaurant sea star restaurant pool grill shams restaurant waffles and ice cream junior suite le terrace terrace bar sand bank beach bag fish great holiday private beach plenty of sunbeds egyptian pounds evening entertainment
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Was a very good hotel which I love but

As of today 16/09/2018
There will be a no service on the beach at Siva or round the pool
As of now they are 10 deep at the bar and it’s all getting a little bit heated not a lot of glass to use may as well stay in bad and breakfast as this would be a Cheeper alternative as you can not get a drink at the bar would recommend you book a different hotel

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank N1MRG
Gérard H, General Manager at Siva Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review of the Siva Grand Beach.

Although your comments are not consistent with other reviews, we appreciate and thank you for your feedback. We take all guests comments seriously, and your feedback is important to us, as we are continually working to improve and enhance our services and facilities to meet all of our guest’s expectations. If we failed to serve you timely your requested drinks we wished you would have informed as immediately on site. We would have improved on it right away.
Pleased be assured that your comments have been passed to the relevant Department’s for them to investigate and action appropriately.

with best regards

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Third time this year at the siva and all I can say is home from home.Although the hotel is tired and food is poor the staff and animation team make up for it,hossam at the pool bar couldn't do enough for you and also Ahmed who was at the seastar.Animation is run by fox Entertainment who are always professional kind and caring,fox,eddie,Marco,boizon,shackshook,bedo,Maz,fifty,Mickey,kathrin,bra,we look at you like family now, keep up the good work.We love you.

1  Thank Simonne E
RandaA357, Guest Relations Manager at Siva Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Dear Mrs. Simonne

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Siva Grand Beach, and sharing your holiday experience.

We are very pleased to hear that you had ' The Amazing ' holiday, you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel, facilities, services, and the hospitality of our staff fulfilled your holiday expectations. I will ensure that your very kind words are passed onto all of the Siva Grand Beach Team, who all work very hard to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.

We all look forward to welcoming and seeing you again very soon.

Warm regards from Siva Grand Beach Hotel.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

First time to Hurghada with my girlfriend and we stayed in room 373.

Pros:

Animation team!!! 50, Meky, Bedo, Mazen, ShakShok. I cant believe how much energy they bring to the resort. At the start of our 2 week break we struggled to think about how we would spend our evenings. Every evening had something different to offer. Whether it was a fire breathing show, raffle, comedy show, pool party, there was always some form of entertainment. During the day, the team keep everyone occupied with olympic games, water polo, water aerobics. I built a great relationship with these guys and participated in some of the shows which was very fun. I was so delighted with them that I ended up buying an animation team tshirt as a souvenir. They also taught me basic arabic words which was amazing. I think it is important to travel and not expect people within their home country to spak your language. Learn some arabic!! Its just a sign of respect.

Location: Literally a 10minute car journey from the hotel. Its on the strip which was fantastic. Easy access to supermarket, natural remedy shops, kfc, mcdonalds etc. It menat that we didnt have to travel far dor any amenities or restaurants.

Bar staff: all of the bars situated around the hotel had great members of staff. The pool bar is amazing with seats literally in the pool. This is often where you engage conversations with random people which I loved. I ended up speaking to lots of people from different countries. We had one guy that would always ensure that he came to get our drink orders when on the sunbeds. He made sure that everyone remained hydrated so thank you for that. My favourite bars were the ones situated in the lobby. I think its the pub bar (the one situated under the staircase). OMG!! The manager is on job!! Ive never seen cocktails made so fast and so strongly. He was always making sure that we were okay and if we needed a top up. Thats the kind of service you expect on a holiday. I am really gutted I didnt catch his name but he is a vital member of staff. Great variety of cocktails and we ended up having some great drunken nights trying to go through the whole list.

Restaurant staff: We spent the majority of our breakfast and dinner in Amar restaurant upstairs. I have to give a lot of credit to Aly who always knew to have an orange juice and apple juice ready when we were eating our food. Saman was on the panini stand. What a lovely woman. Always had a smile on her face and would greet us whenever we came in the morning. Her smile made such a difference!

Food: this was both a pro and con but I will focus on the pros here. Breakfast- the detoxifying drinks and variety of green teas were right up my street. They had a mint and cucumber water and apple and cinnamon one. Was definitely a great start to the day. The panini and pastries were very tasty. Lunch by the pool was fantastic. By the pool they have a burger stand which has beef burgers, chicken burgers, hotdogs and chips. Great comfort food. They also have a pizza corner and the pizza was surprisingly tasty and fresh. These two different stands made up the most of lunches during our 2 weeks. The pergola serves massive waffles from 3.30pm. Definitely worth trying. They are made fresh infront of you and served with ice cream. Dinner we experimented. They have an a la carte menu by the pool but you have to sign up to this. 3 course meal which is meant to be romantic. Was really nice and we did this twice. Some days we went out to try the kfc and mcdonalds which have their own variety. Kfc has rice instead of chips and mcdonalds has a chicken big mac haha. I would advise you to utilise the lebanese restaurant. It is part of the all inclusive package with the hotel. Its a couple minutes walk. The onky think is that you have to pay for your drinks but you get a 4 course meal. We did end up with an upset stomach for a few days but that could be due to anything- food, hot weather etc. If this does occur, I found mint and black tea really effective.

Red sea holiday reps: Our rep was called Andrew. I really advise everyone to book excursions with Red Sea. Their excursions made this the best holiday weve ever had. We ended up spending quite a bit but it was worthwhile. Andrew advised which activities he felt were the best value for money amongst the many trips. Our first trip was going to Luxor to visit lots of ancient temples. We saw lots of monuments and hieroglyphics- the main reason anyone should be going to Egypt. We went to the valley of the kings and saw lots of tombs. This trip was exceeded by the stay on a cruise ship. We spent 2 daysnon a cruise with its own swimming pool which was a lovely change of scenery. 2nd trip was super safari- quadbiking, camel riding and jeep safari through the desert. 3rd trip was aquarium/zoo and going to the market to haggle. You need to haggle everything in this city. My girlfriend is the queen of haggling due to her turkish background. Pay what you want to pay and dont be scared lol. The last trip was snorkelling and a trip to a deserted island. On one of the trips we are taken to a papyrus shop and a natural perfume shop. I was literally livid! Do not buy perfume in duty free on your way here. Go to the natural oerfume shop Nefertiti!! He reports that he supplies the base oils for companies such as YSL, Hugo Boss, all of the big brands. I was sceptical until I smelt the bottle containing my YSL aftershave I use on a daily basis. It was literally the same thing, even better, at the fraction of the price. He doesnt use alcohol which means that the fragrance is natural and lasts longer. The papyrus shop was beautiful. We spent some money buying a beautiful hand made painting and had our names written in arabic and in hieroglyphics. We are intending to hang this up in our house.

Beach: the beach was beautiful and you can literally walk for a mile out and the water will only be at knee-waist level. i would be very careful because there are a lot of sharp rocks and I ended up deeply cutting the bottom of my foot as a result. I wasnt the only one. So be careful.

There is also a pool table on the top floor if you fancy having a game whilst sipping on drinks.

Massage by the spa team was fantastic. Again haggle!!

The sun was 32-37 degrees. We went from 24th Aug to 7th Sept.

Cons: WIFI!!! It is abysmal. I cant stress how bad it is. I tried to download a 45min show and it took hours. This really needs to be addressed. The wifi has to be better. Its one of the things bringing the hotel down in my eyes.

Cleaner: I completely understand that everyone goes through hard times. However, you dont expect your cleaner to be a thief. I dont want to expose his name because I dont really want him to get fired. This cleaner bizarrely stole my girlfriends tweezers. How we know this is that my girlfriend made me turn the room upside down looking for these bloody tweezers. When she approached this cleaner, he knew what she was looking for already and said he would come to the room to get them. When he came back he hid the tweezers in his hand, moved the bed and they miraculously were there. Even though we had done this process and moved the bed . I am not painting all the cleaners with the same brush. Just be wary of your belongings. As a precaution, we then started hiding things within the suitcase. I think obvious things are safe. Just things like tweezers clearly arent!

Food: was quite repetitive but normally this is to be expected at an all inclusive restaurant. Some of it was great and I didnt mind some days being repetitive due to the food on offer.

Chairs: chairs in the lobby are really old and must have bugs because we were constantly being bitten. Defo wear something that they wont like.

Overall it was the best holiday ive ever had. The people were amazing. The trips were amazing. I definitely do not regret coming back here and advise couples to definitely come here. A lot of couples and I really liked that.

Wishing everyone there the best,

Ron aka Omar aka Nubian aka Michael Jackson aka Lucky Man aka Mark loool. I had so many names there it was hilarious

Date of stay: August 2018
5  Thank RonDodzro
Gérard H, General Manager at Siva Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Dear SIVA Grand Beach friends!

We are very impressed with the extensive review you produced. It is very obvious that all of you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel, facilities, services, and the hospitality of our staff fulfilled your holiday expectations. I will ensure that your very kind words are passed onto all of the Siva Grand Beach Team, especially the Animation team, who all work very hard to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.

with best personal regards

Reviewed 11 September 2018

We just spent seven glorious days here room459 on 3rd floor staff are friendly and helpful my only critism was the food very basic and a little tired to say the least. I would certainly book again but eat out Goucho's steak house which was fantastic get the mixed grill and excellent value for money . Hotel is clean and looks great at night all lit up .beach is wonderful you feel like it's your own private piece of Egypt water is crystal clear with fish swimming around you .

Room tip: All rooms on 3 and 4floors have good views
3  Thank kimtoe123
RandaA357, Guest Relations Manager at Siva Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear kimtoe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Siva Grand Beach, and sharing your holiday experience.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel, facilities, services, and the hospitality of our staff fulfilled your holiday expectations.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We recently visited ‘The Siva Grand Hotel’ it is as stated in its name a beautiful and grand Egyptian hotel, the entrance was spectacular on arrival, most impressed. This was a late booking so we hope it would be everything we wanted, it was and much more. The rooms are spacious, a lovely large bed, tiled detail flooring, cleaned to a very high standard and filled with all the essentials required for a relaxing holiday ... shower gels, soap, towels, water for drinking, little fridge for keeping your drinks etc chilled. Beach bag and two large beach towels are provided and changed daily if required. The Food was beautiful, cooked well, and a wide selection catering for all nationalities, couldn’t fault it. The staff are the most friendliest I have encountered, really couldn’t do enough for you, one gentleman comes to mind when I say this ... Muhammad Tallal Who ran the cocktail bar, a lovely happy man who went out of his way to make you smile, Muhammad’s English was excellent he would endeavour to make any cocktail you wished to try and always made us laugh with his funny one liners .. our glasses were never empty for longer than a minute, Muhammads attention to guests was really impeccable and couldn’t be faulted ...
Our days were spent on the hotels private beach, which was beautiful, had it’s own lagoon and lovely clear water full of colourful fish which could be easily seen without snorkelling gear, you would think you were on a Caribbean beach, it really was so perfect. Waiters would
Walk around offering you soft drinks, alcoholic drinks or even tea or coffee if you wished.. these would be served at your sunbeds... however, you can get drinks from any of the bars yourself if you wished, with a good variety of choice. Entertainment was good, some of the best we have seen being honest. First time in Egypt for my partner and I and we will endeavour to return after an amazing holiday. Weather was glorious all week and overall experience was outstanding ... Thanks again to all the staff at the Grand Siva Hotel ... we will visit again soon ... Debi and Mark room 367 England
Bob 343

1  Thank vampyt
RandaA357, Guest Relations Manager at Siva Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear vampyt,

We are very pleased to hear that you had a ' Great ' holiday, you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel, facilities, services, and the hospitality of our staff fulfilled your holiday expectations. I will ensure that your very kind words are passed onto all of the Siva Grand Beach Team, who all work very hard to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.

Warm regards,