3,317 results
All reviews jazz bar aqua park club mc colonies bar columbus bar ice cream parlour senzo mall le marche tagine jungle bar mini disco life guards kids club family holiday dana beach animation team great holiday
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Upon arrival at Jungle Aqua Park we were warmly greeted, given a short form to fill out then shown to our room. We were hungry and tired and arrived after 10PM. Fortunately we were informed that JAP(Jungle Aqua Park) has one of the restaurants open 10PM until Midnight. Brilliant !!!

Most of the bars open at 9AM but the reception(Jungle Bar) is open 24 hours which sets it apart from other all inclusive venues as generally everything stops at midnight. There is also a nightclub apparently open 10PM until 2AM, we were with kids so never tried this. The selection of bars and restaurants is quite extensive and there is always something available.(No food midnight to 7AM, but I can live with that) Four restaurants open at breakfast, four at lunch, four at dinner. The late night one I mentioned, a bakery open throughout the day, ice cream parlour open 12 until 5 I think. Somewhere open for snacks 12 until 5. All these are all inclusive too, no extra charge. Food is nice and the selection typical of what is available throughout Egyptian hotels. L'Asiatiique serves Asian style cuisine but the only thing Italian about Alredos is it does Pizzas. Strange......

Rooms again are the usual you expect, condition is starting to deteriorate, maybe management should be looking at improving this ? Nothing that concerned us though. Shower, multi channel TV, hairdryer, kettle, mini fridge and the best aircon I have ever had in Egypt. The room actually went cold this time which doesn't half help in fighting off mosquitos. Beds are comfy enough, we had 2 queen size beds and 2 single.

Multiple pools including smaller quieter ones inbetween the sets of rooms. Then there is the Aqua Park(More later) and the main pool which is the entertainment pool. We never got a chance to get near this pool as firstly there aren't enough sun loungers there and secondly(and more importantly) the signs all say that reserving of sunbeds is not permitted but this is BLATANTLY DISREGARDED AND NOT ENFORCED. Couple that with the fact that 50% of the clientel are German and you can imagine just how early one would have to get up to secure a spot. We also never got a bed inside the Aqua Park but did get one just outside so we could walk through to the slides. A nice selection but I once again put it to the management that things are starting to deteriorate and I am sure they are aware soon money will need spending on updating and fixing this area. One small addition from my ten year old daughter, she suggests that if any pools are to be heated, it should be the kid's pools.(Obviously)

All staff are extremely polite and helpful but follow rules inconsistently. One day at the Aqua Park restaurant I noticed people were turned away(Quite rightfully as per the rules) for not wearing tops. Two days later at the same restaurant several naked bodies could be seen. Personally I don't care but rules have to be black and white in this regard or it can lead to trouble. Another annoying thing, but this will sound very picky lol, is it is universally accepted that salt cellars have one whole, pepper have multiple. Different restaurants may follow this rule or may go the opposite way, meaning Joe Public is gambling when they shake as to what they get. As I stated I am aware this is picky but when a hotel is this good then improving it has to involve picky stuff to help them strive for perfection.

Entertainment is again very typical of Egyptian hotels, as I said earlier we weren't really allowed to sample the day time entertainment but am sure we would have loved it. Night time was very good and all the entertainment staff came across as very professional and very good at their jobs. Main entertainment consists of the "mini-disco" they form a sort of train and go round "collecting kids" with chants of "mini disco" and whisk them off to the ampitheater. There is some sort of live music usually on one of the island in the middle of the main pool which can be seen from the main "restaurant area", it is easy to find. The main entertainment is at the Columbus Terrace just outside reception. Until the main act comes on, only an hour long at about 21:15, a large TV screen plays a selection of TV from entertainment shows(BGT and something called Just for Laughs and Gags or something like that) to music stuff from iTunes library(They seem to like a girl called Lindsey Stirling, a violinist whho is very good) To be honest this TV does get repetitive but it is worth getting there early to wait for the main show. Main show can be stuff like Frozen, Michael Jackson tribute, comedy show and a live band called Chaosband(Check them out on Facebook) It's all very well done and very ENTERTAINING. I won't individually name them as I would miss somebody out and that wouldn't be fair as they're all worth a mention.

Overall I loved my stay here, although my review does contain several "suggestions". Like I say, this is to allow this hotel to get even better, none of it detracted from a great time. For those of you who care about such things, guests would have been about 50% German, 20% British and 30% other(Belgium, Egyptian, Dutch, etc.). There is a very small Russian/Ukrainian gathering, not that I have ever had a problem with any nationality. I love them all.

I would come back no doubt about it.

One little add on as I wrote this the day before leaving. 2 days before leaving we went to enquire about late check out. I was told to come back on the actual day of leaving. Upon entering reception at about 9AM, I was very abruptly told there were no spaces left. Is this another thing that you have to get up earlier than the other guests to prebook ? Anyway, as it transpired, we didn't need it as they left our armbands on and eating and drinking were my main priorities in regards to this request. This still hasn't detracted from my 5 star review as I love Egypt and love this hotel.

Room tip: Get a room close to reception and the main restaurants or near the Aqua Park, this is a massive complex.
4  Thank fogstershadow
Reviewed 20 April 2017

We arrived at the Jungle Aqua park in the afternoon after a 20 minute ride from the airport. Reception was very chaotic as a large group of people had also arrived at the same time. Check in took longer than expected due to the numbers and eventually we were allocated a bungalow 3044 with a pool view. I requested a room closer as on the map this room was on the far side of the resort, but was advised that they had no rooms available and to come in the morning to change the room to one closer. Reluctantly I accepted the room and requested my luggage to be dropped off. Due to the size of the hotel the service from reception slightly suffers as it took 45 mins, 3 phone calls and me having to go to reception personally before I escorted my luggage to my room. To get to my room 3044 there were stairs which I found completely unreasonable as we had a pram for my infant. I later discovered there is a ramp for prams which reception failed to advise me about but again this would mean walking further than we already were walking to get to our room.

Bungalow itself was very nice, decent size rooms and clean with a nice terrace overlooking a swimming pool (not heated). Safe was free to use which is a welcome addition as some hotels charge for this and overall I was impressed with the bungalow.

As per my conversation with reception, the next morning I requested a room change and was allocated 2101 although not ideal as it is still away from the bungalows overlooking the main swimming pools was much closer with no stairs and within close proximity to reception, restaurants and the Aqua Park. The configuration of the bungalow was also better suited as it had a bunk bed in the adjoining room as opposed to 2 single beds.

The restaurants at the hotel were quite impressive although repetitive at times the quality of the food was good and we did not suffer any ill effects. The chefs in the restaurants were very friendly and nothing was ever too much for them. The waiting staff were ok, sometimes would be helpful other times would not even notice you were there. The kids really enjoyed Club MC having the small tables and chairs for their own restaurant experience. L’ASIATIQUE served an indian type dish a night which was bonus and Tagine was also decent with Moroccan cuisine. I was really impressed with the dessert and coffee places scattered about nice touch to have them as well as the range of restaurants on offer. One think I found lacking during the day around the pool bars were snacks to accompany any drinks. None alcoholic cocktails were also quite limited to 3 in all the bars.

Entertainment was a bit hit and miss, at times was brilliant for the kids with Frozen on stage and at other times a fashion show from the animation team that the kids had no interest in. Mini disco was always a hit with the kids. As one review mentioned there was a lack of Egyptian culture embedded into the entertainment.

The animation team was good at times and kept the place buzzing around the heated pool area during the day with Yoga, Water Aerobics and good music. However I did not always find them to be approachable and I do not remember many occasions where they engaged with my kids whilst we were in and around the pool and animation box area. Life guards were awesome always on hand to assist, although can be a bit too whistle friendly.

The Aqua park is awesome and the kids loved every moment being in there. The kids slides were ideal for our little ones. We had some friends visit the Aqua Park from a different hotel and paid around £30 entry to the Aqua park so having this included with the hotel is a real bonus. As with the swimming pools at the resort getting sun loungers is a difficult task after a week at the resort we still did not understand how most of the loungers were gone near the main pools as early as 7am in the morning.

WIFI is the worst I have ever experienced at a hotel, I would not even class that this hotel has WIFI as it rarely connected and even when it did it was useless.

Overall I was impressed with the resort and had a thoroughly enjoyable time as it is a great place to have a family holiday. It definitely provides value for money and if they ironed out a few of the service issues then it would be an even better place. If I was to go back to Hurghada I would return to this hotel.

Room tip: Rooms 1000/2000s are the best location as they are close to everything request before you get there.
3  Thank riono5
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel, bungalows are very spacious, pool outside room wasn't heated but main pool was but it's lovely there's a pool just outside your room.

We were in the 4000's which is a bit far away but wouldn't put me off going again.

Food is a nice variety but towards end of fortnight is a little repetitive. Free wifi is hit and miss so would invest in one from falcon adventures as it's worth buying if you have kids

My kids really enjoyed the water park too

Would definitely return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Great animation team, lots of activities, a great variety of swimming pools, aqua park with plenty of slides, great choice of really tasty food and bars, really friendly staff, comfortable big rooms with verandas. It was our second time there and we enjoyed it even more second time. It is a great place for a holiday with family and kids.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Just returned from another stay at Jungle Aqua Park. Amazing hotel, friendly and helpful staff. We requested a certain block of rooms and were allocated rooms within our requested block. Plenty of choice in the restaurants, any special dietary requests the chefs were happy to help. We celebrated several birthdays whilst there and were sung to by the staff and presented with a cake. Special thanks to Mohamed for organising our tables and to Haney and his team mates at the pool who always greeted us with a cheerful smile . If you arrived late at the pools staff managed to find sun beds for you. A visit to the spa for a massage organised for us by Reda, very relaxing. Sammy was helpful in organising our diving and snorkelling trips.

Room tip: 1100 blocks to be near Aqua park, 1000 block to be near reception, 2100 to be near smaller childrens pool
2  Thank Pam2706