“the place to be... and eat ;-)”
Review of Food Urge

Food Urge
Ranked #24 of 122 Restaurants in Dahab
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: African, Egyptian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Food Urge is open for breakfast from 8:30 am until 9 pm for dinner. We offer freshly prepared and cooked meals, snacks and drinks using locally produced fare. Our food is clean and tasty and we have one of the best views in Dahab, on the beach to enjoy.
Reviewed 27 March 2016

Food Urge is the place to eat if you enjoy sitting directly by the sea in a beautiful and peaceful setting and eating delicious Egyptian and English-style dishes (although, beeing a German guest, I loved the Egytian hint the “English”-dishes had, since I really prefer to eat local food when I am abroad). Food Urge is worth the 10minute stroll from the center of Dahab, and easy to find, since the “promenade” ends there –which doesn’t mean you can’t continue on along the beach in the same direction after enjoying a great meal! Highly recommended!
Food Urge is the place to be (and eat or just drink something and chill and relax...) and the place I spent most of the time of my holiday while staying at Dive Urge, of course only whenever I wasn’t diving ;-)

LynneDiveUrge, Owner at Food Urge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

We love that you enjoyed the unique vibe that we have , being at the end of the promenade...we should say European dishes really, but we do also do more traditional Egyptian meals upon request. Defo worth the 10 minute stroll and gives you time to 'walk it off' afterwards. :)

Reviewed 25 October 2015

great place for breakfast on the beach, or a chicken wrap at lunch, or a great cup of tea after a days diving.

Thanks Anna, we aim to please and divers need to re-fuel well :)

Reviewed 6 October 2015

Food Urge is the restaurant of the Dive Urge dive resort. A beautiful location directly on the beach. During my stay there I had breakfast every morning in my favourite chair, looking out to sea, and also various other meals and drinks.
Particularly recommend the breakfast fruit pancakes and superb mango juice and mango lassi.
Thanks to Nesimi for taking care of me.

The fruit pancakes are legendary, thanks Carl, Nesimi is our treasure and still here waiting to serve you some more food and drinks on the beach.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Service is great always with a smile. Food is great too and varied! There is traditional Egyptian food and British food. Iftari on the beach during Ramadan was special.

Thanks Joe, it is our pleasure to invite our guests, staying with us, to join us for Eftar at Ramadan....so lovely to have you and your Mum staying.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

This restaurant provides fresh, locally sourced and delicious food. I was more than happy to eat here during my diving holiday. The service is excellent and I was overwhelmed by just how beautiful the scenery is: only 4-5 metres away are the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea and, in the hazy distance, the mountains of Saudi Arabia call out to you. A meal here is a delight to be savoured. Thank you!

1  Thank bh23now

Thank you for your lovely review and i agree we are blessed with an amazing view, possibly the best in Dahab.....just saying ;)