“Had a great time, thanks Mady, Vivienne and Aqua”
Review of Hike Dahab - CLOSED

Hike Dahab
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Can't speak highly enough about Hike Dahab. My husband and I went on 2 trips. First was the 'Moonrise Dinner', we left early evening and travelled by jeep to the wadi with Vivienne where we climbed a short distance to watch the moonrise over Saudi and the sunset behind us. Fantastic!! Then we had a great dinner under the stars and were entertained by a desert fox, little did I know that while we all enjoyed the night sky the fox was enjoying my shoe. We all had a good laugh about that.

To finish off our trip we joined Madi, Vivienne and Madi's beautiful dog Aqua on a 2 day hike to the Blue Lagoon. The fact that the groups are small make the hike more enjoyable. There were lots of opportunities to stop along the way so if you are thinking that the 2 days might be hard going don't worry. Madi and Vivienne are really easy going and very knowledgeable about the area and know the best places for snorkeling and swimming along the route. They also have a great respect for the environment and the people that you will meet along the way.

The Blue Lagoon is well worth the walk, it's a great place to relax and get away from the world. It's a difficult place to leave.

If you are going to Dahab and you fancy doing something a little different than the other excursions offered in the area then Hike Dahab is the way to go.

Reviewed 28 October 2010

Having read other reviews on TripAdvisor I checked out Madi's website before our Egypt holiday. I had a good impression, so having exchanged a few e-mails (she always responded really quickly), I went ahead and booked two trips. My family (parents, grandparents, children aged 9,7,6) joined Vivienne for the Ras Abu Galum day trip and Madi & Aqua for the Hike 'n' Desert Dinner. A nice touch was Madi closing the trips to others, because she prefers smaller groups.
We really enjoyed chilling out at our hotel at Dahab (Le Meridien), but the two trips with Dahab Hiking were a wonderful way to escape and see some of the local scenery. The hike along the coast to Ras Abu Galum was a really pleasant way to spend the day. The children felt like they had a real adventure riding their camels and we all enjoyed the snorkeling next to the village. After a satisfying lunch we headed back with the scenery looking different due to the changing light.
Our final evening in Egypt was spent with Madi on her Hike 'n' Desert Dinner. Madi took us up a local "Wadi" accompanied by Aqua, her dog, which the children loved. Dinner under the stars was was a special way to finish our holiday in Egypt.
The trips with Madi added something different to our time in Dahab. They were well organised, good fun for all ages and value for money. We'll be recommending Hike Dahab to our friends and family.

Reviewed 28 October 2010

excellent trip with these guys
great way to see the people and area
and extremely good value for money
dont miis it if you are in dahab

Reviewed 17 October 2010

I did 2 excursions with the lovely Mady and her gorgeous dog Aqua at the end of September. One day was spent walking to the Blue Lagoon, where I spent a couple of hours snorkelling and relaxing and eating. The drift snorkel on the return to the Blue Hole rates as one of the best experiences of my life, absolutely magical. Mady's co-guide Viv then topped off the day with some fantastic home made banana bread. Heaven!!
The next evening a small group of us travelled from Dahab to a nearby wadi where we went for a short trek and then ate an excellent Bedouin cooked meal under a beautiful starlit sky.
I thoroughly recommend Mady and her trips. Both Mady and Aqua are great company, and the days are planned at a really relaxed pace, but never dull.
I am looking forward to my return so I can try another adventure with the girls!If you do the Blue Lagoon trek please try and smuggle Panda, a charismatic stray dog, back with you to Dahab. I can't stop thinking about him following us for about 30 minutes on our return before dubiously heading back to the lagoon. He deserves a better life...

Reviewed 3 October 2010

My wife and I went on a short walk with Hike Dahab in September 2010 through a series of local ravines. The excursion also included a Bedouin-cooked dinner and stargazing. The hike was well-led (Mady was super) and the scenery was tremendous. The dinner was also delicious.

We'd definitely recommend Hike Dahab for anyone looking to get out and explore the beautiful countryside around Dahab.