“Farm to Table =Expensive”
Review of The Diving Horse

The Diving Horse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Diving Horse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Avalon
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 21st & Dune Drive
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I was taken to this restaurant with the impression that I would eat and see a very healthy menu.The servings are small,i say overpriced and nowhere to go.They serve great food but my companion and I eat different dishes and where not impressed.Ala carte and Very expensive.Lovely environment but I think they could do better.They have a KIT KAT BAR desert for $11 .This is One bar covered in chocolate.Kit kat has 4 wafers and is $2 all day long.Shame.

There are newer reviews for The Diving Horse

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My husband & I finally made it to the Diving Horse (it's been open for several years!). We had heard many great things from friends & family in the past but never got around to going. We were told in the past that serving sizes were small which was a bit of a deterrent to my husband...but I decided it was time.

We both had the mixed greens salad with peaches & peppercorn ranch dressing which were substantial in size & delicious! The fluke was unavailable but was replaced with halibut - which I ordered. It was served over red lentil with a cucumber & radish salad & tahini ranch - wow! The fish was perfectly cooked & it was fantastic! My husband had the strip steak special that he loved. I really felt that the portions were the perfect size & the food was well prepared & beautifully presented.

It's a charming restaurant - I love the rustic wooden tables, hardwood floors & the paintings of diving horses suited up and in their goggles.

Everything was great & we will probably come back - maybe once a summer. The only downside is the cost. The steak special was a hefty $58 & the halibut was $36 & with salads at $15 a piece with a coffee & 3 scoops of ice cream ($3 per scoop!) our total was $140 before tip! I know Avalon's restaurants are overpriced but wow!!!!! It's hard to justify spending that much on dinner often. If you are looking for great food & money is no object - then enjoy!!!!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Visited The Diving Horse the end of July. The service was great and it operates a BYOB policy which is appreciated.
To start we split the mussels and clams dish and for mains we had the tuna dish and pork chop dish and a boardwalk fries. The blueberry sauce for the pork I had never experienced and was very impressed wit. The tuna was beautifully cooked and the vegetables beautifully chosen to accompany it. The staff were helpful and efficient.

I would highly recommend The Diving Horse

Reviewed 10 July 2017

A very special restaurant. Excellent service and unique offerings that were delicious.
Great for a wonderful evening out!

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Nice family dinner outside. Arrived early without a reservation and we were able to be seated. Menu is limited. We each ordered something different from the menu, short ribs and mussels were the win. Lovely service from Laura and Missy the manager. Love the outdoor seating and atmosphere but there were a few misses, need another visit!