See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 November 2014

The rooms are clean and comfortable with plenty of hot water. There's also complementary tea, coffee and water at any time. Unfortunately the walls and ceilings are paper thin so you can hear the air conditioning in the neighbouring rooms which sounds very like a spaceship taking off. You also get the sounds of the singing of the neighbouring church... At least I think that's what it was?

Room Tip: Not number 3
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2014

A basic no-frills room that was kept very clean as well as the rest of the casa. Excellent buffet breakfast served from 7 to 9 each morning, and earlier by arrangement when we had a booked tour that left at 7 am. I agree with the other reviews: very convenient to town (about a 10 minute easy walk). Front desk staff spoke excellent English and was very helpful keeping the wi-fi going! Pilar Velasquez (manager) has her island oil paintings on display and they really add to the ambiance.

Room Tip: The Casa is on a very quiet street--all rooms are pleasant.
Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michele K
esvede, Public Relations Manager at Galapagos Islands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2014

Thanks for your review

We will be glad to have you again in our Hotel

Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 16 September 2014

The room was big and clean. The bathroom has hot water, what is good if you travel from August to November. The location is not the best, but in Puerto Ayora everything is near, so this is relative, you have 5 blocks to the pier and 6 blocks to the food's Street. The people in the hotel hadn't empathy but was very helpful. The disappointing part was the breakfast, because was a cheap Continental breakfast..

Room Tip: Ask for the room number 5 ;)
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2014

As part of our study abroad program to the Galapagos Islands, we have stayed at the Galapagos Hotel twice in the past two years, each time for a month long period. The accommodations have been good and the staff has been excellent and very friendly. The rooms are clean and comfortable and we have very much enjoyed our time there. We also have Jhonny, the hotel owner, organize all of our excursions. We usually do morning tour of the highlands, a tour of the Charles Darwin research center, 5 night stay at the Isabella Islands and also a trip to North Seymour Island. The tours and the naturalist guides are also very good. We will be going back there again this coming summer!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Minoo A
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed during the month of February with my friend for 3 nights. From the very beginning I found the service to be extremely good. All of the staff was helpful, I was in Room 12 which was very nice. Overall, I'd say the service and the location were a big plus for me. If you're looking for a quiet place to stay away from the busy main street, I definitely recommend it. Thanks Veronica….

Room Tip: I recommend the upper levels like the third floor where I stayed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends