All reviews music box an oasis sorbet hot water bottles roaming peacocks attentive staff breakfast room beautiful hotel leather goods chocolate covered strawberries galapagos trip luxury destination beautiful surroundings exceeded my expectations tour of the property spent one night my favorite
Reviewed 11 September 2018

It's been years and when I think of the most tranquil spa services I've ever had, hands down it was here. A friend and I spent the day (so I can't speak for the rooms) but the grounds are beautiful and so elegantly decorated inside and out. This place would be amazing for couples. The staff definitely know how to make you feel special!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Patricio H, General Manager at La Mirage Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Youna H.
I take great pleasure in wanting to thank you very much indeed for your kind assessment of our small property which you encountered and described during a luncheon and a spa treatment. That was extremely kind of you.

Thanks again.
Patricio Hidrovo,

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights and loved it! Upon arrival we were greeted with delicious fresh fruit drinks. Once we checked in we were shown to our room and given a tour of the property and spa. We had a gorgeous suite with a beautiful view and a shared terrace. It was immaculate with very comfortable bed and pillows and beautiful antique furnishings. The property was gorgeous with beautiful views and it felt like an oasis. Breakfast was delicious with a lot of variety, including eggs/omelets made to order. The breakfast room overlooked the main lawn, which had peacocks roaming freely, and 2 aviaries. Staff was fantastic! Everyone greeted us as we passed and was eager to help and to make our stay pleasant. We each had a massage (hot stone and Swedish) and we both felt these were the best massages we had ever had! We returned from dinner to find a lovely fire in the fireplace (we were asked if we wanted this ahead of time, which I appreciated), AND 2 hot water bottles in our bed!!! Our experience here was absolutely wonderful!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Patricio H, General Manager at La Mirage Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear DCtraveler427,

Your lovely input to Tripadvisor is much appreciated. We are happy you enjoyed the hotel, the accommodation, the scenery, the cuisine and all the little surprises which we provided you with. On behalf of all of us here I am sending you kind regards and a big THANK YOU for your assessment of our property.

Best regards,
Patricio Hidrovo
Gen. Mgr.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

A combination of charm, oasis, and rustic quirkiness; a very enjoyable stay. The staff was wonderful and friendly. I was a bit surprised by the wood stove heating but came to discover it’s quite common. The disadvantage was it was a bit cold in January and all of my clothes smelled of smoke due to the stove. We arrived at 2am and a nice fire was already warming our room. I was put off that I couldn’t get my bearings as the bellman spoke no English. I would have liked a little info on amenities and the grounds upon arrival, but given that it was a ridiculous hour to arrive, understandable. I worried about the location but it was perfect for us. A short walk to town and an ideal property for wandering and enjoying a peaceful setting. One caveat; the town appears to celebrate at every possible opportunity. Music, barking dog, and a lot of fireworks were a common occurrence in the evening. A mild annoyance and we were grateful we were a bit removed from the town center. The peacock garden was entertaining and we had our own peacock visiting our room regularly. Oh, and the hot water bottles! As an American, i’ve never experienced a hot water bottle waiting in the bed before and jumped out in shock at finding a warm lump in my bed!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank OregonSungirl
Patricio H, General Manager at La Mirage Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear OregonSungirl,

On behalf of all of us at La Mirage I take great pleasure to thank you very much indeed for your overall comments in regards to a stay with us some time ago. We apologize for the smoke which you encountered due to the fireplace but are happy that everything else appeared to be to your liking and comfort.

Kind regards
Patricio Hidrovo, General Mgr.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Our Ecuadorean friends brought us to La Mirage for lunch and what an amazing experience it was! We all agreed that it was the most elegant restaurant and the best meal we ever had! Everything about it was 5*. The decor, the presentation, the service, the meal, and the grounds, all 5 stars! We took beautiful photos outdoors with the peacocks and peafowl! We were talking about La Mirage for weeks after we visited! That's when you know something was great, when you can't stop talking about it!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Patricio H, General Manager at La Mirage Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Diane B,

I can assure you that you assessment of a recent lunch visit has been well appreciated by the entire staff who join me in wanting to thank you for your kind words. We might not always be perfect, but we certainly are trying to reach perfection and comments such as yours certainly will assist us.
Kind regards,
Patricio Hidrovo,
Gen. Mgr.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I went to La Mirage for lunch during my stay in Otavalo.
This was the first place that I was recommended when I asked for a suggestion. I must say that the dining room and the main part are impressive, more luxury than I expected, however the food was not what I expected in such a beautiful place. The disappointment of the food was mitigated by the excellent attention of the staff and their continued cordiality

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Patricio H, General Manager at La Mirage Garden Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear David10B,

Thank you for submitting your assessment about your lunch visit at La Mirage a couple of days ago.
As you most probably noticed, our clients have the opportunity to select from the Luncheon Menu between
4 Appetizers/Salads – 3 Soups – 7 Main courses and 6 Desserts.
Obviously, we are very sorry that you felt our food was disappointing but I believe you never gave your opinion
to the staff on duty. Nevertheless, we thank you for your comments.
Kind regards,
Patricio Hidrovo, Gen. Mgr.