Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$93
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$93
WyndhamUS$93
Priceline
TraveluroUS$103
All reviews attached restaurant stay there again new jersey boardwalk refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2020

Came for a weekend getaway with my friend , my daughter & god daughter, when we checked in the front desk asked if we wanted a non- smoking room we said yes. When we got off at our floor the smell of weed hit us dead in the face in the hallway. They gave a dead end room , beds are uncomfortable, the area seems to have a bunch drug addicts around there or shelters, we was walking to the store & turned back around with the kids to head back to the hotel because of the area. Please be careful & be safe if you have kids , we will not be staying here ever again. Howard Johnson update your rooms & Wifi because they both sucks. Non-smoking should me non-smoking not a place that smells like weed all over omg

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Sag4lyfe
Reviewed 6 March 2020

Honestly, the hotel was ok except for the smelly hallways. Both the attached restaurant and the pizza place next door were good food options and not pricey. Room was reasonable for the price and wifi was solid. Check-in and out were really easy. Street noise was noticeable, but didn't keep us up.

The bad and the reason I won't stay there again. We were walking back from the Boardwalk in broad daylight and were accosted/assaulted by a crazy homeless guy that wouldn't leave us alone. This happened just outside the door of the hotel and he followed us into the hotel. Short version, he ended up grabbing my daughters phone out of her hand and tried to run away. Luckily, he was stopped by the staff member on duty at the counter and we got the phone back. We called 911. So, we are appreciative of the help by the staff member, but won't ever stay there again as this was traumatizing for all of us.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank lthiker2020
Reviewed 31 January 2020

When I initially told my parents I was staying at that Howard Johnson in Atlantic city, they were very excited. Exclaiming: Cancel your reservations! Find a new hotel! Thats a dangerous area! Blah blah blah. Out of stubbornness I kept my reservation. I am always looking for a new way to test my mortality.

Driving into Atlantic city is very exciting, sitting in traffic for hours, enjoying the smells of New Jersey. Amazing. Once you pass the strip of casinos you enter a wasteland of hotels that change by the hour. Among them is the Howard Johnson.

The Howard Johnson Atlantic City boasts its own parking lot, complete with camera surveillance and "park at your own risk" signs. As well as parking lot residents who hold a cornucopia of street drugs. What service!

Checking in was a breeze, and soon we were o our way to our room. The room was on the second floor providing a wonderful view of the street corner where the local drug dealers make their living. The room contained all the amenities necessary: a toilet, sink, tv, and bed. However it did not include a refrigerator, which we had been assured would be in the room. The bathroom was in a class of its own, with what appeared to be molten lava oozing from the seams of the tiles.

When you leave the hotel at night make sure that you use a car service like uber, as walking in this neighborhood at night can be considered bad for your health.

The room was perfectly adequate to fornicate in, as everything in the room seems a little "worn in". So worn in fact that the lights placed on the end tables flickered with each disturbance.

The hotel does not provide a continental breakfast, but it is connected to a small diner/cafe which is packed day and night with the local populous. Those who choose to eat with the locals enjoy some of the best a greasy spoon can offer: eating at a Seinfeld diner Atlantic city style. The staff graciously changed our order from dine in to take out - as my girlfriend abruptly needed to vomit red gatorade all over the bathroom. We were not charged a cleanup fee which was superb. Thank you, I assume you are used to this mild debauchery.

Overall, wonderful stay. Perfectly adequate for anyone trying to enjoy the real culture of inner city life in Atlantic City.

Date of stay: November 2019
4  Thank 69blazeit420
Reviewed 20 January 2020

Stayed here due to going to a concert on 1/19/20. Upon checking in, the smell of marijuana was overwhelming. Upon getting to our floor, it also smelled like marijuana as well as our room. We found trash behind the nightstand as well. Place was noisy as well. As a result of the marijuana smell, we had to leave do to my girlfriend getting sick. We told the person working the desk this and he didn't appear to care or offer a refund. If this property is associated with Wyndham, they want to take their name off it.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hector B
Reviewed 15 January 2020

I'm shock that Wyndham has there name on this terrible hotel. There is disgusting trash between the buildings, staff is not helpful and the rooms are from the 70's. I would stay away from this hotel if you value your family. People coming up to you in the parking lot asking for money, and I have seen better room's on Route 9 in AC that were better then this place and half the cost.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank mfumia