All reviewscountry kitchenfree valet parkingtropicana casinohotel is locatedlocation is greatnon smokingboardwalkacmicrowave
Reviewed 12 August 2018

This Hotel was well worth the money as we were treated royally. The hotel is right on the strip. The room we had was on the 5th floor with a side view balcony. We had King bed with non-smoking.
the view was excellent. The room was clean and bed was great for sleeping. The service was outstanding.
The tram stopped outside the hotel. The lady at the front desk was very polite and helpful.
Considering the location I don't think we could have picked a better hotel to stay. We will definitely return and stay at same hotel.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Room smelt like sewage. Never went away. Had to open the balcony sliding doors to get the smell to go away and then all our cool air went out with it and it was hot during our stay. We never figured out what smelled so bad but I used a whole can of Sunscreen to try to get rid of the smell. I never had this problem there like this on other stays. You can't beat the location of this hotel. Right on the boardwalk.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank lndbndr2
Reviewed 9 August 2018

The location here is key. It's right on the beach and just steps from the Trop. It's an older hotel but they keep it clean.

But the owner/GM just ruins the place.

I pulled in a little early, hoping to get lucky with an early check-in but fully expecting not to as it was a Sunday. Before I can even ask this grey haired guy starts barking at me "You have it leave. Back out now!" A bit rude but no biggie. As I start to turn around he literally shouts, "NO, BACK OUT!" I wasn't going to weave 20 feet between multiple cars into traffic when it'd take 10 seconds to turn around. Which I did, all while he kept shouting. Oh well, odd but whatever.

Come check-in a few hours later the courteous front desk guy offs me an upgrade to an ocean view room versus a street view.. Not wanting to pay more I declined. Again this grey haired owner standing nearby gets angry, yelling at the front end guy because I declined. The front end guy is typing away preparing when the owner screams, "Wait! He doesn't want the ocean then he gets 374!" Turns out I was being punished.

Room 374 has a window. But it opens up to concrete a few feet away on all sides. Maybe it was an old chimney shaft? No light at all. That's right, I declined an ocean view and got a darkened room 24/7 instead. To further compound things the room is right next to the housekeeping room. I was awakened at 7am by chatting staff banging around. No joke, for a moment I thought there were people in by bathroom!

As a final insult, at about 7pm I asked the front desk exactly this, "I'm gonna try to beat the traffic so I just want to make sure I can get my car at 5:30?" As the front desk guy was saying no problem again the grey haired owner yells (Does he only shout at all times?) "Why can't he just ask if he can get his car? Why does he have to give us his reason?" Whatever bud.

Screw this place.

Room Tip: room 374 is not fit to rent
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank lpshea
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We were in Atlantic City to see Rod Stewart at Boardwalk Hall. We decided to stay at the Days Inn because it was close to the venue, as well as the Tropicana. So, for location, they get a 5. However, the front desk employees (particularly the middle aged guy with the long gray hair) were unhelpful and downright rude. We had two bookings and two separate confirmations. One of the reservations was cancelled because the card supposedly did not go through. Had they bothered to call, they would have learned that there was no problem with the card. The transaction declined because they had written down and used the wrong expiration date for the card. This was frustrating enough but then we were told that the card for the (new) reservation/room would be higher than what was shown on my (printed) confirmation. After some more "back and forth", we finally got the room for the price that was originally quoted and confirmed. This situation was very frustrating but was far worse because of the complete lack of empathy and understanding shown by the front desk staff. I'll never stay here again and would recommend going next door to the Tropicana. It's a few dollars more, but worth it!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank kwjonestravel
Reviewed 1 August 2018

We stayed for 3 days at this hotel. We had a lovely oceanfront room with all the amenities, aside from a coffee maker in the room. The room was spotless, with a balcony that looked out onto the ocean. The hotel was very quiet and there is a great restaurant right on the property. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and efficient. Please note it is valet parking only.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family