8 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$100
Hotels.comUS$101
Agoda.comUS$130
15,880 results
All reviews wild wild west chop house beach bar dunkin donuts ocean view slot machines table games get away nice room boardwalk fun casino caesars gambling employees outlets dealers
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2022

Where do I begin? We're in 339. Checked in, Nov. 6. First of all, house phone either doesn't work, or front desk refuses to answer. So I have to keep walking down every Time. Safe in room was locked. Told front desk, took about 2 Hours for the guy to come up and fix it. Then we find out Pool is not open during Week. WHY????? We used to come here between 1990-2010, & they were open Daily back then. So on Nov. 7, around 3 PM, we asked at front desk, for them to send housekeeping to do the room. They Said housekeeping is gone for the Day. Why is that? They used to be available 24 Hours per Day back in the 2000's. Anyway, the lady (not sure her name, but she is the Asian-American lady) Told us around 3 PM, that they will at least send supplies to our room (soap, towels, etc). So we went out, and came back at 10:30 PM, to find that nobody ever came! So I went down, Spoke to a gentleman at the front desk (Caucasian guy with beard), and he Said they will send it right up. Never happened. Came down, around 11:40 Talked to the heavy set Hispanic lady (who was very nice and polite by the way), who Said they will send it up. Finally they did, but it took 9 Hours, and 3 visits by me to the desk! Also, guy who came up was rude, didn't apologize for delay, and didn't even answer "you're welcome" when we thanked him. Is this a joke? This place RULED, back from 1990-2010, Or So. We moved out of NJ around 2010, and we were just visiting the area again, now in 2022. The quality has gone way down, and we won't be back. There used to be Wild West Bar, open all Night, Virginia buffet, Animations on the 6th floor open 24 Hours, all kinds of good stuff. Now only 24 Hour food is dunking freaking donuts. And Pool is not even open 7 Days. We came primarily for Pool. We live 2000 miles from AC now, so this was just a 1 Time trip, but I wouldn't recommend this place to my friends in NJ.

So the room was not cleaned. On several Days, we asked at front desk for them to service our room but they never did. We asked 1 maid that was in the hallway, and she informed me that they do not service rooms, until after a guest Checks out. A front desk lady confirmed this too. Both mentioned that the new owner (a foreign company) owns it now and neglects the building, and does not care about customers, employees, etc.. Front desk lady actually recommended we not stay here. And we won't. Can't even use Pool from Mon.-Fri..

That front desk lady claimed that the new owners only care about Asian customers. I had to remind her that we are Asian-Americans too. I see no reason to ever come back. Worst service ever. They just won't clean the room at all.

Most restaurants were not opened either. So they Charge $30 per Day, resort Fee for a Pool I can't use. Yippeeeeee.

2  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed 9 November 2022

We just arrived back home from Bally's in Atlantic city and had a great time. I had read a lot of reviews about Bally's, and I was a little worried about what to expect. My review of this hotel has to be excellent. Parking was free, the check in was fast and very efficient. The young lady behind the front desk was very pleasant and explained everything to us. We had arrived a few hours before check in time, but were informed that the room was ready and that there would be no extra charge for early check in.
The room was on the 22nd floor and newly renovated and was in great condition, as we stepped off the elevator we were welcomed by the housekeeper and directed to our room, which was nicely laid out and had a view of the ocean. The casino was small but had everything one would expect. The cocktail waitress (Phillis) was fantastic, the service was outstanding, and we really enjoyed talking with her.
At 9.30pm on Tuesday we went for a spin on New Jerseys only rotating cocktail bar, which had some great cocktails and a great bartender, with excellent knowledge of his craft. Suggest that you try the cotton candy martini.
This hotel is right on the Broadwalk and is a place that we will be back to visit real soon. A quick note to the General Manager. Be proud of the people that work with you, because they are proud of the place they work at and that's because of your leadership.

Room tip: Make sure that you sign up for a player's card, so that you get free parking and lots of other perks.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 19,580,522
Reviewed 8 November 2022

I would never ever stay at this hotel again. They have roaches. Night time front desk clerk is unprofessional and nasty. Carpets are filthy. There was no air in my room and the refrigerator did not work. I had to call twice before anything was done to solve issue.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank anisha n
Reviewed 7 November 2022 via mobile

I tried several times to send information to management but no one responded to their e-mails

My husband and I stayed at Ball's AC. We stayed here to celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary because people told us that improvements have been made in the rooms and hotel.

We stayed October 15-17, 2022

Garden Tower Suite - I believe the 15th floor

We are not big gamblers and paid full price for the suite/room. It was nice size room but has not been updated.

When arriving in the room we notice the safe is locked shut and not working, but we really do not need it. My husband goes to get ice as the ice machine is right outside the door. It is not working. Goes up a flight of stairs - ice machine not working goes past our floor to the lower floor ice machine not working. Calls and is told he has to go to the Dennis Tower to get ice. Do not offer to bring ice to our room or assist- just dismiss and walk over to another tower. This is a bit ridiculous.

Also, you would think paying for a suite the bathroom wouldn't have mold all in the shower (please see photo) also the ceiling paint peeling and falling off ceiling (photo attached)

The most horrifying item didn't notice until our last day - was the plastic over the smoke detector so the do not go off in case of fire. Why this was done or is acceptable is extremely dangerous (see photos)

I would like to say. The woman who checked us in at the front desk was very nice and answered our questions. I really wish I wrote her name down. She is an asset to Balky's . Also, we did love The Yard! Really nice bar and atmosphere. We sat at the bar and had appetizers. The bartender Chris - I believe Christopher- was great! He made great drinks and was Friendly and attentive!! Even filled our glasses with ice when we requested when we left the bar - really kind!

Though our stay was nothing we expected for a suite, please be aware of the good with the bad. Not sure if we will stay again but someone needs to know.

I would appreciate an acknowledgement to this email. - No acknowledgement or response

Date of stay: October 2022
3  Thank DBA2525
Reviewed 6 November 2022 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, one a junior suite that had NO ocean view- despite it as written in description. Bed was comfortable. It only has plugs on one side. So if you both sleep with a fan, it’s a no-go. The walls are paper thin and we were awoken in the middle of the night to someone throwing up in the room next and man screaming in the hallway for 15 minutes “I lost everything.” Doors slamming, again paper thin walls. We tried to check in at 2.45 and were told it would be 18 minutes and we would get a call. Had to check the kiosk 3 times and. Lose to 3.30 it was available, though if I had not checked, we were not called or emailed. Slots tight here. We went to Cesar’s and won a bit and eat both dinner (hells kitchen) and breakfast (Gordon’s pub) so could not take advantage of the parking thing they have if you eat at their restaurants. The tub was very nice. The carousel bar was like, why would you want to spin while drinking? Bad combo lol. We will probably stay at Cesar’s next time. Closer to the restaurants we like and had better sound proofing for rooms.

Room tip: Ask for high floor or You will see nothing. Bring a sound machine to muffle sounds- we had sound machine and fan- still heard outside.
2  Thank zel13