“good motel”

TRYP by Wyndham Atlantic City
Ranked #23 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Great location. Walking distance to Boardwalk Hall. Only stayed one night. Swiftly greeted by the front desk associate. Easy check in. Room was warm on arrival (very cold night). No smells upon entering the room. Linen was clean. Overall hotel could use updating, but for the price, it cant be beat.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 November 2017

This hotel is disgraceful!!!!! Doesn't deserve a fraction of a star. They charged an additional $2800 to my card and gave the explanation of it being a "technical glitch". No apology. No remorse. Other reviewers have said similar things about additional charges. I wish I would have seen them before it was too late. Absolutely do not give this place your money.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Adaia W
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

First of all - beware because this hotel looks NOTHING like the pictures online. It is a run down motel.
Second - I booked with them 3 weeks in advance and the day of my stay I drove 2 hours just to find out that their systems were “supposedly” down and all reservations were canceled. No email, no phone calls, NOTHING.
The man at the front desk was very unapologetic and had an “oh well” type of attitude. Then even after I spent two hours sorting things and finding somewhere else to stay, they STILL charged me!! 4 days later and the charge has still not been refunded! I call and they tell me 5-7 business days! For what?!? I thought the system was down!?! Why was I even charged at all!? This hotel is a joke and in my own personal opinion, it looked as though something very shady was taking place there! I will make sure to inform every single person and review website to NEVER book with this hotel! You will absolutely regret it!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica L
Reviewed 5 November 2017

I stayed here for one night. Hotel can use a little updating, but the rooms are nice and comfortable. You also get a continental breakfast. Front desk manager was friendly. Tropicana is right next door and close to the boardwalk.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2017

When I and my wife came to the lobby I saw the bearded gloomy guy looking at his desk.
On my “Hello”, he continue to keep silent. I waited until he looked at me like
I am guilty of something and said: “Name?” After checking my id and credit card
He said: give me $30 for parking, I accept cash only. When we came to the room it smells
Like the chipest motel room. They provided a breakfast but I saw they used tap water to make
Coffee and juice, so it tasted like tap water. Also, it is not much to eat.
When I went to pick up something from my car and came back the electronic key for the room lock did not work. I came to the lobby and told them about it. They said the battery for the lock is dead and they have no way to open the door. Fortunately, my wife was in the room and she opened the door. They moved us to another room, so we took all our stuff and moved.
It is very noisy at night time and early in the morning, people have parties.
The advantage of this hotel is that it is very close to the Boardwalk and cleaning ladies are friendly.

Room Tip: it is better to find another hotel