“very pleasant staff and owners. Room clean, good location. Beach few feet away. breakfast ok.”

TRYP by Wyndham Atlantic City
Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 13 August 2017

For the price not bad. pool had a lot of sand at the bottom. elevator was very small. The people made sure the area was safe at night and during the day. Tropicana was next door if you wanted to eat, drink or party. Other hotels and places to eat within walking distance. Parking across the street for $10 a day. parking was secure. I would definitely stay here again. WiFi very slow

Room Tip: higher rooms are quieter, better view, they tend to be larger
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
T M, Guest Relations Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear you found our staff and owners pleasant, our rooms clean and our location convenient. I am glad you would definately stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Besides the Wifi issues ( I call the technical support who provide the services) everything was great at the hotel. Great service, close of everything ( Tropicana , boardwalk, stores ) I will go back again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear you had a great time in Atlantic City. I am glad everything was great at the hotel, great service and convenient location. It is great to know you plan on returning. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Yikes. Don't let the pictures fool you. This is a motel-style place. Good location and pretty interior, but it stops there. Doors lead to the outside, not a hallway. Noise from the outside comes right in. Towels are thin and scratchy, and the clientele while we were there was less than desirable. I think my picture tells the story pretty well. If this sign is at all necessary, well then it's not a place you want to stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
T M, Guest Relations Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you liked our location and pretty interior. I apologize we could not meet your expectations. Most guests love our clean comfortable rooms and friendly staff. Our convenient location is definately a plus. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future, and I promise we will make every effort to make your next stay more satisfying and enjoyable.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

When I think of Wyndham I think of a well known, clean, upscale hotel, and the TRYP at Atlantic City is not that. From the pictures online you would think that you were staying at a upscale modern hotel, but when you get there you realize that it is a rundown motel. The sheets had cigarette holes in them, there was dust all over the cords of the electronics. The lobby was filthy and the two person elevator smelled like vomit. The parking was ridulous and I got charged $20 to park at the HOTEL that I was staying at.

When it comes down to it I would reconsider putting your name on this motel...or do some serious renovations before putting your name on this motel.

Your concerned customer,

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank elizabethmalady

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations. Most guests love our clean rooms, comfortable beds and friendly customer service. Our parking is at a charge, however if anyone wants to park somewhere else in any of the many parking lots nearby, we have no objection. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future, and I promise we will make every effort to make your next stay more satisfying and enjoyable.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I stayed in this hotel this past weekend with friends. The location of the hotel is fabulous, it is directly next to the Tropicana so allows you to experience the Trop nightlife without paying as much money. However, I wouldn't stay here again, I would pay the extra money for the Trop. They gave me a first floor motel room, which didn't feel all that safe for a couple 20 something girls. The room was okay inside, it was a little dingy and dirty but it was doable and as expected. However, I did not feel comfortable that the safe was broken and I had no where to secure my things. Also, upon returning at 1:30 that night, we learned our door lock had broken and no cards would open the door and maintenance had to come break into our room with a crowbar. This felt really unsafe and was incredibly inconvenient.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melanie W

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize your stay was anything less than completely satisfying. I am sorry you had an issue with your door. The mechanical parts can fail and it is something that is unpredictable and beyond our control. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future and I promise we will make every effort to make your next stay more satisfying and enjoyable.