All reviews valet parking courtyard marriott front desk room was clean would stay here again per day valet staff two blocks trump taj high floor lobby area board walk steel pier checking in this past weekend nice stay coffee maker
Reviewed 6 August 2018

In AC for concert - Overall Marriott Hotels are consistent and have provided great accommodations - This Marriott Courtyard did a very good job - Good Staff and gracious - room was nice with some view of the ocean. Its tough being based in AC - but they made the most of it doing a great job

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Across the street from rehab center.
On a road at the end has a strip club.
Beds are small so very cramped, for double bed.
Have to use parking valet. Just a cash grab.
Left after one night even though had booked trip for two nights.
I would never recommend this to anyone!!
Same as a Motel. Sorry.

Room Tip: Save your money or pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank travelfamilyeachyear
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We are Marriott rewards members and we stayed at Courtyard for our Atlantic City trip. We have stayed at multiple Marriott hotels before but this was the worse one yet.
Pros: close to beach, clean rooms, provide extra towels, crib, pillows at request. They were able to accommodate us for early check in.
Cons:
staff rude and didn’t know their own hotel policies at times.
Breakfast not included. There’s a little bistro in the hotel but to feed a family of 4 you need to spend at least $50.
No free amenities or anything. Not even water!
Rooms are small and beds at high. And I mean high as in you have to jump a little to get on it.
Check your alarm clock before going to sleep. Ours went off randomly at midnight and woke up the kids. We never even touched it.
No pool or any other recreational activities.
Be careful when you walk at night since the hotel is not in the best neighborhood.
Valet parking is $12 a day.

Overall, I would highly not recommend this hotel if you want a good experience. Next to this hotel there are others like : hard rock, resorts, Wyndham and Atlantic palace. Save your hotel on this mediocre, overpriced hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Stayed for a night on the 9th floor and away from the elevators. The room was equipped with a coffee maker and a fridge. Partial view of the ocean, and good view of the city. A la carte place downstairs and Starbucks coffee available. Chainsmokers played a beach concert that day, so valet parking was $20. I'd already been informed of this prior to my trip so it wasn't a problem. Friendly parking attendants. Special thanks to Trey. Thanks much for all the help! A five minute walk (in the right direction) will bring you to the boardwalk. Then, walk to left to Hard Rock. Walk to the right for all the eateries, casinos, beach and shops. Cheers!

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018

The Marriott has always been my hotel of choice and I have been staying at the Marriott for over 20 years. I also worked at a Marriott resort so I am very familiar with the level of service that comes with the brand. This hotel was much less than what I expected in terms of amenities (of which there were hardly any) and professionalism.
1. The staff, while mostly friendly, seemed less than informed about facilities and amenities in their own hotel. The receptionists each gave different answers about what privileges they had available for platinum members. One man at the front desk couldn't even tell me what the rooms were equipped with and said he was new so he didn't know.
2. The hotel wants to charge you for everything you do and use on the premises (from parking which is $20 a night, to the water, which usually complimentary in the rooms.
3. The bathroom had very little ventilation and when several people took hot showers right after each other, they opened the bathroom door, which set off the smoke detector (which was very strange). When the receptionist called to check and I asked how we can make it stop, she had no answer for me. A security guard on a power trip then came up to the room to (what could only be conceived as) interrogate me he informed me that he also didn't know what to do and asked me not to leave the room (although I told him I was on my way out for a meeting) and left me in the room for at least twenty minutes forced to listen to the loud piercings of the alarm.
4. Although it is generally a clean property they have a huge fruit fly problem in he dining area and lobby.
5. The business center consists of two computers and a printer by the ATM which you have to remain standing to use. (No Chairs)

I plan to be in Atlantic City for at least two weeks in August but I also plan to book another property for that trip.

Room Tip: Floors 3 and 4 both had ice machines that were not working during our stay
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business