“Don't Bother”

Cuisines: Italian
NJ
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Well... Waht can I say. I loved theis place, my husband and I came to this restaurant straight off a plane from Athens, Gr., The service, food and atomosphere was remnicent of the 70's or 80's rat-pack era. There were floor to ceiling windows that displayed a beautiful view of the beach at sunset. Last time, however, was sooo disappointing. The service was dismissive and pre-occupied. Then! There was a bug in my appetizer. Ugh! Very Very SAD. The host tried to give us a complimentary bottle of wine, but it was just such a let-down, we can't go back. I hope things change, I really liked this restaurant...

• Visited July 2011

Pittsburgh
“What a view!! Food was good too”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We knew we wanted some Italian food, but just not quite sure where we wanted to go. Looked at a couple menu's, and decided on Roberto's.

The one thing we didn't know from looking at menu's, is the view that the restaurant has. Ate here on a Tuesday night so it wasn't that crowded, and us (along with the other 10 or so tables) all got the seats with a WONDERFUL ocean view. This made us even happier that we decided on dining here. Just great to dine with the unobstructed ocean view in front of you.

Menu isn't all the extensive, but a nice variety of things to choose from. Had a 3 course menu for $30 and the other prices weren't bad either. I got pomodorini (which was very good, although, could've used a bit more flavor), another got rigatoni (which was good), and the other got a pasta special (also good). All three meals (2 were 3 course, 1 with an a la carte salad), and 2 drinks and the bill was $100. We thought that was very reasonable.

The service was also top notch. I'm not much of an elegant diner by any stretch (give me a greasy burger joint), and I don't enjoy all the little things some may (over 2 hours for dinner when there is gambling to be done is too much lol), but that doesn't discount that they were truly there to serve you. They were all very nice, and it was a very relaxed atmosphere.

We have put this on our must return list. The food wasn't out of this world, but it was very good (better than alot of Italian places) and the view puts it over the top.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Pens4821
Monroe Township, NJ
“Good food and great service”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We went to Roberto's in the Trump Plaza Hotel for a really nice meal and weren't disappointed. Great selection of fish and steak. The service was excellent. Very attentive and accommodatiing. The restaurant itself is very elegant and we had a wonderful ocean view from our table. Very pricey, but a real treat. More upscale than the rest of the hotel.

If I had anything negative to say it would be that it's on the same floor as the smoking lounge and there is a residual odor that seeps in now and then.

• Visited October 2011
Mount Sinai, New York
“A trip to Italy”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We originally went to Roberto's by chance, because we couldn't find another restuarant we were looking for. Turnesd out to be a happy accident.The decor was like old world Italy-beautiful. The staff was friendly and attentive-my water glass was never empty.The food was fantastic. We missed the early bird pre fixe menu, so it wasn not inexpensive, but still worth the visit.For dessert-try the pomegranate sorbet-homemade and delightful.

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank lovemykidz3
Ocean, New Jersey
“Yummy Brunch”
Reviewed 25 October 2009

We went for brunch and it was so good! Tons of stuff to choose from and it all was all so good.