“Great food, cool atmosphere. ”
Review of The Continental

The Continental
Ranked #10 of 437 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

My fiancé and I ate here while I was visiting for a conference. The food was great! We ordered the Continental salad, buffalo chicken meatballs, and the Thai chicken lettuce wraps. Everything was fantastic and I would eat it all again. One note about the salad, it was delicious but enormous, was enough for 4 people easily!

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Went here for a date night. Food was pretty good, the service was really good, but the room we were sat in was amazing!!!

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Came here with my family, and everyone loved their meal. The view is great, as you can see the boardwalk from the pier (restaurant is inside the Pier mall). The service is what stood out for me. Maybe it was because it was very early and there weren't many customers, or maybe they're always this nice, but we felt very comfortable. Our server was Emily, and she was very sweet and patient.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

We visited this past Monday, October 1st around 9:15pm. Let me start by saying I am vegan and gluten free so I always check for on-line menus and website information. After reading several reviews, I considered The Continental to be a place that could meet my dietary needs. I called and a girl who was laughing so hard she couldn't even speak picked up the phone and hung up after a few seconds. I called right back, she was still laughing but contained herself long enough to answer a couple of questions.
Upon arrival, we met hostess giggler, who was well engaged in flirting with a co-`worker'. I asked for a gluten free menu and was told the waiter would be able to help me. We were seated and waited approximately 10 minutes before I asked the hostess if we had a waiter/waitress. She walked off with no urgency in her step and about 2 minutes later a waitress flies by and says she'll be with us in a minute. So we're now 20 minutes into our visit...mind you the place was dead. Only three other couples there and 2 people at the bar. 5 more minutes and we placed a drink order, along with our food. I ordered the black quinoa `Tabbouleh' salad and was told they no longer made that. I showed her the item that was on their online menu, which apparently was outdated by several months. I ended up with a shaved summer salad. The dressing was delicious, a champagne tarragon vinaigrette and a good size portion of lettuce. My husband ordered a quesadilla dish, which was more appetizer size than a meal. We never saw our waitress after the food was delivered. No drink refills. No `how is everything?' Zero customer care or concern. We had finished our meal, chatted another 10 minutes and had to ask the hostess to get our waitress with our bill. She arrived, with the bill and off she went, not asking if we wanted anything else, desert, coffee...nada and left the dirty dishes on the table.
Needless to say, she did not receive a very good tip. The staff here were all very young and too busy with each other to care they had a job to do. The table next to us waited over a half hour to get their bill, having asked at least two times while we were there. It was obvious they felt as equally frustrated with their visit as we were.
Poor customer service. Outdated menus. Nice setting. I would not, could not, will not recommend eating here unless you have unlimited time to kill.

1  Thank BW1958
Reviewed 27 September 2018

Love this place. Open late and always the best service. Had another great dinner on 9/18, and ordered the regular winners and tried some new items, buffalo chicken meatballs and steamed edamane. We always recommend the szechuan fries and teriyaki filet mignon. Probably everything is great.

Date of visit: September 2018