““No Bologna””

Ranked #27 of 433 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Indigenous Atlantic City Pizza, Subs & Grub. Tony Boloney's is an Atlantic City original. We make turn-of-the-century Atlantic City style pizza and bad a$$ grub.We hail from the fast growing and ever changing historic inlet and toss dough in a landmark building. If you leave A.C. without trying our pizza or award winning subs you don't know what you're missing....-Mike, The Butcher, Owner
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

First of all, if you don’t have an idea of what you want or if undecided, be prepared to take a long time to figure it out. The choices are off the hook. If Pizza is your craving the pies are not your run of the mill typical Pizza. Careful attention to the ingredients included on the pies are a must. But whatever your choosing, you won’t be disappointed. The Taco Pie was my favorite. We opted for subs. My wife had the Ole which is a philly cheese steak with lettuce, tomatoes and lots of melty cheese, chipotle sauce (which we requested on the side) on a delicious toasted Italian roll. One of the best cheese stakes I’ve had and I’ve been to South Philly and tried several there. I had the Bap-Bap sub which had Korean BBQ Beef which was very tender, kimchi (pickled and spicy cabbage) lots of melty cheese and a scrambled egg. The Korean marinade (sweet teriyaki) on the beef made it very tasty. We also tried the garlic/crab fries. They were surprisingly good with plenty of garlic flavor and the crab meat gave it that extra touch. The cheese was fresh mozzarella and stringy like fresh mozzarella should be when hot. The cashier was extremely patient and friendly with us and took the time to explain some of the offerings we were interested in as we were trying to decide on. All in all, this was definitely a worthwhile stop as we enjoyed it. There was limited seating in doors and there were tables outside, but it was pretty warm outside so we opted to eat inside. Tony Baloney’s is definitely “no bologna” when it comes to food.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

First off want to mention that we ordered for a large extended family dinner & time was a consideration. The person who took the order lowballed the amount of time it would take and our order was much much later than we were told. So there was some hangries and some of the little kids went to bed without being able to have dinner with everyone else. But when it finally got here it was piping hot and it was amazingly delicious. And the manager I would say was truly professional and made things right. And that’s why I’m giving this place all the stars because I believe the late delivery was a one off. And the pizza was wonderful.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

When we're in AC we get Tony Baloneys at least once. This time my wife had a Shoobie and I had a UTB. (Look these up on their menu) My UTB was a bit dry but my wife's Shoobie was terrific. So next time, I'm getting me a Shoobie!!! TB's doesn't look like much from the outside (or inside) but their food is (usually) exceptional. We'll continue to do TB's when in AC...just won't be getting another UTB. My rating is an average from 2 subs. 4* for the Shoobie. 2* for the UTB.

1  Thank Jerry P
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

A dreary beach day, the Atlantic City aquarium line was long, and it’s lunch time. What do you do with a hungry family of 13 while waiting? Find a convenient place to eat!!!

I had never heard of Tony Baloney’s but my son had. By the many locals stopping in for lunch, it had a great reputation. We placed our order and before we knew it, our meals were served!! Great pizza! Great salads!! Great fountain drinks!!!

Our only negative: the music being played contained language and lyrics we felt was totally inappropriate, especially for our young grand kids. Fortunately, there were tables outside.

Tony Baloney’s is on our “Must visit” list on our return trip to Atlantic City!!

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Love the pizza! Very very good. Lots of speciality pizzas. Crust is delicious. Crisp and flavorful. Service is friendly. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Ruth B