See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Our first impression was good. The room was clean and had new comforters and clean sheets. There was a smoke alarm in need of a battery in the lobby. It beeped the whole time we were there. We spent some time on the balcony people watching as we always do in the evening but our observation was that there is a lot of drug dealing and prostitution going on from the hotel. We watched a hotel guest drop a baggy of something to someone on the st. The night desk clerk told my son he wasn't allowed to stand out on the balcony because it was dangerous so he went to a different hotel to visit friends and watch the sun rise. When he returned to the hotel with his teenage friends to change clothes he was told he had to pay for extra guests. He explained they would be brief and leaving for breakfast. A half hour later I received a call from him stating that if they didn't leave now he was calling the police. He didn't seem to mind the prostitutes that were in and out of the building all night. One pounded on my door at 2:30 am then blamed it on the guy next door when she realized she had the wrong room. This is not a very safe place to stay. The El Dorado is the same price and much better.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cmf975
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We had the last room in this shady and shabby hotel and it cost us $ 150 on a Saturday night. And that is cheap apparently if you compare it to the other hotels. Our impression of AC as a whole is that it is shady and shabby. That having said, we had some fun in the Ballys Casino and had a decent meal at the Landshark restaurant and true is true, this hotel is very conveniently located and the car park is free and handy. The room itself was not so bad after all, just don't look at the entry and the hallways. So, although I would not recommend this hotel, it was the best choice in the given circumstances.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nina K
Reviewed 19 August 2016

My wife and I went up to AC last weekend to see Jimmy Buffett on the beach. Unfortunately, AC is very expensive on weekends and we decided to stay at Red Carpet since it was less than half the price of the casino hotels. The location was fine (right behind Resorts) and we didn't see a prostitute all weekend. First the pros: staff was helpful (let us check in early), room was clean, parking lot was free, air cond, fridge and bathroom worked well, price was right. Cons: My wife (who did not feel the same way as I did) thought there was a urine odor on one of the beds, they wouldn't allow bicycles in the room (kept them locked to our car and they weren't stolen). Since we made it through the weekend without any problems, I'm glad we saved the $$$, but according to my wife - never again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mdmink
Reviewed 2 June 2016

I visited Atlantic City over Memorial Day weekend when prices are even more inflated than usual to visit the area, so Red Carpet Inn was really the only option in my price range. While I will admit I'd rate it among the lowest of the dozens of hotels I've stayed at in my life, it's not nearly as bad as other reviewers led me to believe.

I packed my own bedding, towels and even some cleaning items because there were so many reviews about how dirty and smelly the hotel was. Yes, it's an old hotel, but the bedding appeared freshly washed and there was no odor in the lobby or the room. Paint is chipping off the walls and it is dated, but I'll live with that to save up to $200 per night!

There were no extras except for the free parking and the free breakfast is mini muffins, but that's fine if you're just looking for a place to sleep.

For those who may be concerned about the "shady area" my advice would be not to go to Atlantic City at all. I'm from a larger city, so maybe I'm not as jumpy as some, but I never once felt threatened and didn't witness any questionable behavior.

Hope this review helps for those of you who are unable to shell out major cash for other hotels and want to be close to the attractions but are hesitant to stay here because of other reviews.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank TheFlyingPanda
Reviewed 10 April 2016

We recently got 3 rooms for a bachelor party. On a Saturday night the rooms were very affordable only $100/room. Most of the casinos are in the $250-$300 range on Saturdays. The location is great, only a couple minute walk to Taj, margaritaville, and resorts. This is off pacific ave so very close to the boardwalk.

The rooms were clean, I was a little nervous after reading some other reviews. My only complaints would be the bath tub was dirty. We could tell that They tried cleaning but there were some stains and still.

For a one night stay the savings and locations makes sense. For a multiple night stay I'd probably suggest spending more for a better room.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends