All reviewsorleans towersurf barglory daysferris wheela pet friendly hotellobby floorsteel piercasino hotelsblackout curtainseasy access to the beachwill stay there againgreat ratememorial day weekendroom was clean and comfortableview of the oceanper dayenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 12 August 2018

In April I paid for one night of two rooms at the Showboat forJuly, however the front desk service waited on my family and I. But I did not get two rooms, in which was stated on the confirmation paper that was handed to her. Once we walked away we realized we had two keys for one room. Went back and the front desk was rude when I mentioned we did not get two keys. Now I was told to wait in line which was at the front door at this time. Now the mistake could have been when the representative was waiting on us, two men approach alone side us and mentioned there was a mistake. Representative did not have a problem waiting on them while she made an adjustment to their account. However, I waited until she was done with the client in front of her that there was a mistake. She told me she would wait on the next person and I had to go to the end of the line. Now this was a supervisor I was speaking with because she was so rude I asked for a manager. Let's just say "I had to back 3 times in total to get my issues resolved". Representatives should be proactive in giving keys with out the client asking if they spend money to stay another night and not be rude when questioned what is going on with the miscommunication. It is not what is said it is how it is said. Customers are not always right however if there is a mistake the front desk should a least apologize showing that they are concern instead of being rude. To top it off I called back three times leaving messages to speak with the front desk management with no success. Last step I emailed the General Manager of the situation. Bottom line why pay for services in advance and get treated like crap is my issue.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank butterg2018
00gc, Manager at Showboat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear butterg2018,

Thank you so much for choosing us and for taking the time to leave a review. We're so disappointed to read about the multiple issues you experienced during your check-in process; we agree that all staff should make guests feel comfortable and listened to from start to finish. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the shortcomings in service you encountered, and for any inconvenience they caused. Please know we are passing your comments along to the rest of our staff so we can ensure a more positive experience for all future guests. We hope you will reconsider another stay with us in the future so we can provide you with the stellar visit you deserved this time around. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I just recently stayed at Showboat from August 5-10 at their Bourbon tower,had a great view of the ocean(pic attached),location was perfect,and the accommodations were awesome for the price,rooms were very clean and spacious..Brittany at the front desk was awesome!!..skimmed through some of the reviews prior to the trip and they were scary..not ONE of them were true..I believe people truly exaggerate and I will definitely stay here again!!..hotel is still under renovations but I believe it will make a complete comeback!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank arcolific
00gc, General Manager at Showboat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

We’re delighted to read your excellent review of the Showboat Hotel. It’s great to know that you loved all the aspects of your stay and that our location was ideal for your needs. We appreciate you letting us know about the outstanding service you received from our staff, especially Brittany. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next visit with your family as we move towards refreshed facilities.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful experience at the Showboat. It started at Check In. Andrew checked me in with great customer service! He welcomed me to the Showboat with a pleasant attitude. And was able to answer all my questions about the hotel. The room was really nice. We had dinner at Ace restaurant really enjoyed the meal. We ended the evening with a drink at the bar. Its on to the beach the next day. I would gladly return for another stay!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank KarlieBaran
00gc, General Manager at Showboat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Karlie, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We love knowing that the attentive service provided by Andrew went a long way in making your stay so memorable. Reviews like yours mean the world to our associates and we will share your comments with them. We look forward to your next stay at the Showboat Hotel. Thanks again.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

What amenities? If you want a room for the night, I guess it's "ok". NO CASINO. Poor food availability. No room service. If you want an extra pillow..you can go to the front desk for it yourself. Check-in at the Tropicana takes 30 minutes but there are 40 people in front of you. Check-in here took 20 minutes and we were the only people in line!! Carpeting in the lobby had duct tape on it. I must say, however, that the rooms were clean. Thank God, or I would have walked. We stayed at the Showboat 15 years ago when it was a class act. No longer. Here's a good one...(NOT at the Trop)...if you wanted to check in before 4PM..it would cost an additional $50!! Save your money.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
00gc, General Manager at Showboat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Catherine L,

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and for your online review. We are committed to offering every one of our guests an exceptional stay, and we apologize that we did not do so for your visit. We are always looking for ways we can improve and we will take your feedback into account. Thank you again for your candid feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to make a much better impression on a future stay.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Room was large and roomy with a GREAT bathroom. We stayed in the left side from the lobby facing the ocean. The mattress needs to be replaced and there is no mattress cover only sheet.
Great location and nice lobby, pool.
Check in took a while. Arrived at 4 and waited on line for 35 minutes. Not enough people at check in. The woman who checked in was working double time and very nice. I called 2 nights in a row to have an extra blanket brought to our room but never received. Upon check out, Tara the Supervisor was nice and very apologetic. We would come back. Overall, great stay.

Room Tip: Newer building is on the left, facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Jennie, thank you for staying at the Showboat Hotel. We are glad you liked our spacious room and that our location was perfect for your plans. We appreciate you recognizing the efforts of our associates and will be sure to share your compliments with them, especially with Tara. However, we apologize for the hiccups you experienced. We look forward to your next visit.

Tim K,