“Best Meals of the trip”
Review of Eli's Restaurant

Eli's Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 309 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Description: Welcome to Eli's at Hotel Boutique Casa Carolina, natural food infused with Colombian passion. Eli's offers gourmet dining in a Colonial setting, poolside or on romantic rooftop terraces. Our head chef Ana Mendoza selects the freshest ingredients, sourced locally and organically where possible. All our dishes are 100% prepared in house and at the moment you order.
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We stayed in Casa Carolina which is where Eli's Restaurant is. Breakfast was included in our room. The restaurant/bar had both tables by the pool and inside if you needed to get away from the wind. We ate all of our breakfasts there as well as 1 lunch and 1 dinner. The dinner (teriyaki chicken with vegetables) was the best meal that I ate in Colombia and the lunch (burger) was second. The breakfasts had a fair amount of options. Juice, water, coffee (including specialty coffees) and hot chocolate. Fruit - pre cut (usually 2 or 3 types) as well as a fruit basket with usually about 4 or 5 types, ham and cheese, cereals, with milk or yogurt, breads and pastries with homemade jams and honey. There was one other thing on the buffet table but I can't remember what it is and I didn't try it. I did try everything else and it was good (especially the pineapple) and filling but not as amazing as the dinner. As well, with the buffet you also could order eggs (5 different ways) and an accompaniment which in most situations was a deep fried option. There were 5 options and you could do 1 each day so I tried 4 out of 5. They were good as well but since so much of the food outside of this restaurant was fried, I had a bit an over fried food experience.

I also contacted the restaurant/hotel after I got home and asked for the recipe of the teriyaki chicken and they obliged without hesitation. Of course, it doesn't taste as good as when they made it but I think that is just my poor cooking skills ;-)

Reviewed 23 March 2017

This modest sized restaurant is in Casa Carolina boutique hotel. We had dinner here the night we arrived, we were looking for something nearby after a day of travel. The service here is fantastic!!! My wife had a chicken Caesar salad and I had the Peruvian ceviche. Both were wonderful. I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

We are guests at the casa Carolina and ate here the day we arrived. The food is a bit pricey but very tasty and made fresh. The staff is fantastic and they go out of their way to be helpful. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

All-right restaurant. The breakfast is all-right, with nice atmosphere. Not the best representation of Colombian coastal cuisine.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Best food I've had in a while. Definitely the best I had in my trip to Santa Marta. Food is incredibly tasty, presentation is beautiful and the service is top notch! Would definitely recommend.