“Food was ok but not great”
Review of Coco Marina Cafe

Coco Marina Cafe
Ranked #38 of 309 Restaurants in Santa Marta
Cuisines: Colombian, International, Bar
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

We had a lunch meeting with my employees. We had different appetizers including the fried calamari, empanadas, carpaccio lomo and garlic shrimp. They were ok probably the best was the shrimp and the calamari based on everybody's comments. Then the entries some had the fillet mignon which they said it was very good another guy had another cut of meat that I can't remember but he said it was ok he wasn't crazy about it, and I and another guy had the seafood wok it was ok but I and my other guy also had better and also it was a little small for an entry but we'll that's ok. The service was really good.

Management response:Responded 20 November 2016

Dear Midnightcoder

Thank you for taiking the time to post your review. I am happy to heard that you and your friends enjoied your visit to Coco Marina Café.

We hope you visit us again on your next trip to Santa Marta

Kind Regards,

Lina

Reviewed 5 November 2016

Staff took a ridiculous amount of time to serve me despite my order being super simple, and the food was not cooked properly when it finally arrived. My waitress actually left he restaurant during service (breakfast) and I had to speak with the chef and get the food / bill myself. So I ended up paying much more than I normally would and leaving after almost an hour still hungry. Coco Marina charge more than most places and is supposedly an upper class restaurant, so I would expect their service/ food to be of better quality than the average joint, however it was much, much worse.

1  Thank The_Travelling_Kiwi2
Management response:Responded 8 November 2016

Dear The Travelling Kiwi 2,

Many thanks for your message. Firstly, I would like to say how sorry I am to hear that you had a bad experience with us. This was, as you can see from all of the other recent reviews (wich are all between 4 and 5 stars) a situation not experienced by other of our patrons.
I would like to invite you to return to Coco to discuss, in person, what took place while you were with us. Reviewing your feedback and relaying it to our staff is essential in order to correct any problems so that they are never repeated and to improve the service we offer our customers.
Please let us know when you are free to return so that we may show you that the events of your last visit were an anomaly and so that you can experience the true quality of our food and service at Coco Marina Café.

Yours sincerely,

Lina

Reviewed 7 October 2016

Despues de dar un paseo por el muelle de la marina cenamos aqui con una vista espectacular del atardecer. Nos atendio Cindy con un servicio impecable. la comida y el ambiente deliciosos. tienen sillas para bebes, no tienen cambiador en el baño.

After a walk on the bay we had dinner with a perfect view of the sunset. the waitresses name was Cindy and she was lovely. the food and the atmosphere was amazing. they have baby eating chairs, no changing table in the bathroom.

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

The best view and unique restaurant in Santa Marta COCO marina. Really good food for breakfast, lunch or dinner! must try the octopus carpaccio, the salmon tartare, Signature French fries!!! great service, Cindy was So nice helpful and friendly.
A must try when you come to santa marta, thank you so much Lina an Maurice for your time and attention!

Reviewed 1 October 2016

We ate at this restaurant 5 times during our stay and on every occasioni it delivered food and service to the highest standard. The steak in particular was superb - best ever especially with the peppered sauce. Also had the beefburger, chicken and salmon none of which could be faulted.

The location down on the marina was lovely especially in the evening with the breeze.

What really makes this restaurant stand out however is the friendly service each and everytime from every member of the team. Service is quick but relaxed. It is obvious that most clientele are regulars and if I lived in Santa Marta I would be too.