All reviews nice hangout clean kitchen personal fans large bathroom one night communal areas ciudad perdida two nights bahia concha bed dorm enjoyed my stay private room plunge pool hostel chill supermarket hammocks
Reviewed 28 July 2015

I've never cared to write reviews but the pleasure i had in staying here has compelled me to do so. This has been by far my favourite hostel with 6 months of travelling.
La Guaca hostel has everything I could have wished for with clean acomodation, a good breakfast and even the little things that go a long way in brightening a person's day; chilled water available from the freezer whenever and free coffee all morning.
My first day I was overwhelmed by the greeting I had from the beautiful Italian receptionist with her infectious smile, who treated me more as a close friend in her own home, rather than simply yet another hostel guest. I later met one of the owners Pau, who also works at the reception and it's clear within 5 minutes the pride he takes in running his hostel. He had later invited me to play football in the street with his friends and it was a more than welcome opportunity to meet with Colombian people.
After reading about Santa Marta online it seemed people treated the city as just a stopping point on the way to the other, justifiably so, attractions with Parque Tayrona to the East, or the surrounding villages. But my stay at La Guaca hostel really made Santa Marta one of the highlights of my trip and I wish I could've spent more time here.
La pasamos bien,
Glen

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
La_Guaca_Hostel, Gerente at La Guaca Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2015

Dear Glen!
It was a pleasure having you here with us!
We work hard everyday to give the best service possible with a familiar touch, and a review like yours makes us really happy! This is you home in Santa Marta..

Safe travels! :)

Reviewed 28 July 2015

La Guaca is a lovely little hostel. It´s got everything you n eed, nice hangout area with hammocks, big clean kitchen, lockers, efficient laundry service, nearby supermarket.. But what stood out most for me was the incredible friendliness of the staff. They were SO helpful in helping me organise trips around Santa Marta, always going out of their way to give me the best info and tips. I left bags there for a week while I went off and came back feeling at home! Also they play great music at reception :)

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo

Dear Adele!
It was a pleasure having you here with us!!
We are all very happy you had a great stay, we work very hard to give the best service possible with a familiar touch. You are welcome next time you are in Santa Marta, this is your home!

Safe travels :)

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Really friendly and helpful staff. They can arrange tours for you really easily. Nice pool and good location. Breakfast is not included but is it a reasonable price. Amazing sushi restaurant located opposite. Improvements would be to put air conditioning in the dorm room, each bed does have a fan but it was very hot. Also the wifi connection is not great but the computers in the hostal do have a good internet connection.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
La_Guaca_Hostel, Gerente at La Guaca Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2015

Hi Suzy,

We thank you for this review. In La Guaca Hostel we keep working hard everyday for to offer the best service for a good price. We are really happy that you liked the hostel.
About the internet connection, we do have one of the best hostel wifi in city, but when the hostel it's full, sometimes it goes a little slow..
And the aircon in the dorms, we are working for to offer it soon.
Regards!

Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

Awesome hostel! It is one of the best places we stayed in during our trip through SA. Super friendly staff, cool atmosphere, nice rooms and good kitchen facilities! They offer a nice breakfast and they have a very charming bar/tapas place with delicious drinks and food. Location is good but a little bit outside of the main center. Though, there are big supermarkets located close. We went to Tayrona afterwards and we were given very helpful information by the lovely receptionist (unfortunately forgot her name..) We can highly recommend this hostel to anyone who is planning on staying in Santa Marta.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nasacca
La_Guaca_Hostel, Gerente at La Guaca Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2015

Dear Rebecca!
Thank you very much for taking time to write us such a nice review! We work really hard to give the best service possible with a familiar treat! We hope to see you again at La Guaca Hostel, this is your home!

Safe Travels :)

Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

I stayed for a few days, left for Parque Tayrona and returned for a second stay. The hostel is lovely, especially the 6 bed dorm with personal fans. The hammock area, kitchen and pool area are all very nice. Thanks for the great stay!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank wheresarahwanders

Dear Sarah!!
Thank you very much for taking time to write us such a nice review. We work hard everyday to give the best service possible with a familiar touch! We all hope to see you again someday in La Guaca Hostel, this is your home!!

Safe Travels :)