All reviews del sol coco's bar kids club new construction the beach is great shaded areas multiple options nice pool ocean view air conditioning tayrona park breakfast was included bohio iguanas bungalow xxi pools
Reviewed 29 May 2018

love love love !! my kids , 5 and 3 yrs, both are dying to go back ! you can't beat the service , the beach , the beautiful pools and AMAZING food ! they had surf lessons out in the beach , they played in the playgrounds , and enjoyed the beautiful typical colombian dance shows !! i did my hair in the salon and it was the best blowdry of my entire life ! i just have to say - i love Colombia and i can't wait to come back to this resort !

Room Tip: get the two bedroom suite if you have a family of four ! very spacious and comfy !!
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
IrotamaResort, Community Manager at Irotama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Hi, Mellyube31

We love to see that you had a FANTASTIC time in our hotel. We hope you can visit us again and enjoy all the wonderful things that we have for u. Our work is give to you the best of the better.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is simply fantastic, we’ve been going there with my husband for the last 2 years. We always stay in Bohio Suites as they are the closest venue to the beach. The food is amazing and everything is really clean. I already have my reservation for December. Can’t wait!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria G
IrotamaResort, Community Manager at Irotama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Hi, Maria.

We love to see that you had a FANTASTIC time in our hotel. We also love read that you already have a reservation with us for Decemeber, we can't wait to see you enjoy our place, food and service. Our work is give to you the best of the better.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Extremely poor customer service. One of the worst we have seen. “All inclusive” is a lie. Food quality is extremely bad. We would never come back to this hotel. Cartagena offers better service and food.

The staff seems to be afraid to make any decisions as they say their managers are upset at any change in their routine. We never heard a “yes we can”. Everything was “no”.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank carlos s
IrotamaResort, Community Manager at Irotama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hi, Carlos.

We feel so sorry that you had an unfortunate experience with us. We try everyday, to be better in every single aspect of our Hotel. We'll take your recommendations for improve our services. Our best regards.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Employees are not motivated or incline to provide a great service. There are there just to claim a pay check. Room and instalations are nice but eclipse by a lack of customer satisfaction culture. This hotel used to be one of the best in Colombia. Not any more.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank JuanSaldarriaga
IrotamaResort, Community Manager at Irotama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Hi, JuanSaldarriaga.

We feel so sorry that you had an unfortunate experience in our hotel. We try to do the best to offer to our guest an excelent service and our employees are working so hard for this. However, we'll take this appreciation in mind to work on it.

Our best regards.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Do NOT stay here. No queden acá. Este resort es un hueco horrible.

If you do expect very little to nothing and to get taken advantage of upon check-in.
We checked in after making a reservation online for a bungalow room months in advance. When we arrived they claimed we only had a reservation for one though we made one for two, for my wife and me. The reservation was for ~USD$100 per night. They forced us to pay an additional USD$75 per night, for my wife (even though we are not on any all-inclusive plan) to ‘’convert’ the reservation to 2 people. When I checked online at the time of check-in, yesterday, the cost of 1 or 2 people for a room was the same (obviously). They claimed their rate card to add a person was $75 and we couldn’t check in without them raping us for the additional money. I asked if they was anything they can do (a discount in-line with some proportionate to what we paid or even an upgrade to something other than the crappy room gave us. When I asked Yessica, the woman who checked us in, to have a manager contact us she promised she would that evening with no response. I’ve now followed up 3x, again today in person with guest services. There truly doesn’t seem to be anyone in charge and it definitely shows - not just guest services but the entire resort is a hole: an old broken place that’s apparently been here for 30years (which you can tell by the old, tired, and poorly appointed rooms) yet is indefinitely under construction and quite ugly with half-finished buildings, dirt roads, and just not an enjoyable experience, particularly due to the surly staff and non-existent management.

When I checked with guest services she literally had to call 5 telephones to try to find a non-existent manager. Finally she told me a man named Juan Carlos was supposed to get right back to me and, in-line with the very poor experience so far, never did. Juan Carlos may not even exist for all it seems.

This place is a hole, any natural element that may have existed at some point in the past they have destroyed with ugly half-finished development and truly no one here who cares about the guests or the place.

Do not stay here. There are many other better places in Santa Marta. Good riddance to this has been washed up place that will steal your money and not even care about a client’s perception. I’m sure it won’t be around for much longer.

Room Tip: The bungalows were super old and dated. And some by the road, like ours.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marc M
IrotamaResort, Community Manager at Irotama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

¡Hi, Marc!

We feel so sorry that you had an unfortunate experience with us. Our service personal and spaces are in constant evolution and improvement for the welfare of our guests. We'll take your recommendations for improve our services and we're going to verifique what happened with your reservation online.
We really apologize what you lived in your stay with us.

Our best regards.