All reviews del sol coco's bar kids club new construction the beach is great shaded areas multiple options beach vendors nice pool ocean view air conditioning tayrona park breakfast was included bohio iguanas bungalow xxi
Reviewed 3 October 2017

The resort is very beautiful and offers different types of rooms to stay in, from apartments to bungalows, the staff are very friendly and polite, greeting you with a big smile every time they see you, the bar by the main pools offers a big variety of cocktails and a beautiful view, it's very green hotel where you can be surrounded by different types of birds and even huge iguanas! Our Bungalow was very spacious and clean, had a big fan and air con, the resorts has different types of restaurants and a gorgeous pool on the 16th floor on one of their buildings with an amazing view and jacuzzi where you can have delicious cocktails, the resorts offers shuttles that will pick you up from the airport and shuttles to the city.

Room Tip: Best views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Close to 200€ per night for an accommodation at Siglo XXI that is not worth the price due the lack of services or poor services. I don't mind paying such prices when I get in exchange high quality services. For that price I would expect to have a wide range of services within the same building and not scattered across the whole resort.

There are some shuttle buses but the drivers tend to do whatever they please as for example not stopping where they should or simply not picking up passengers from the pick up point.

Several services were out of order due maintenance and even air conditioning in the rooms was shutdown during hottest hours of the day for maintanance. I guess rescheduling to late afternoon when the heat is milder did not even cross their minds.

Really few alternatives for children during rainy days since pools get closed for safety reasons. Considering that the resort is far from the city center this is disappointing.

Additionally there are hidden costs on top of the accommodation price such as insurance for children. This is the first time I had to pay such a fee being in a resort with my children. Interesting is that I had to pay a fee for 1 week stay that was higher than 6 months of my family's world travel insurance in my home country in Europe.

It is next to the beach but nothing to be impressed about it. During our stay in Colombia in other cities I paid less and got better services in exchange.

In summary: rather over priced hotel for the kind of services offered. I would not come back.

Room Tip: Stay rather in the bungalow area. They are cheaper and close to most services.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank masacuata2017
Reviewed 31 August 2017

This is a great option to stay, it has different options to stay from a simple room to a fully equipped apartment with ocean view an jacuzzi. Many restaurants with excellent food options, a wide calm, and protected ocean to be all day long, or the big nice pool if you prefer. It was a 3 night stay with my family, my 17 an14 year old kids enjoy it very much, specially the breakfast.

Room Tip: Apartment are the best at the 2 buildings, or a bungalow nearer to the restaurants, pool and ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IrotamaResort, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Irotama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Guest :

We are delighted your experience at our Resort and commentary motivates us to keep working to continue to grow and remain green Resort by Nature .

We look forward to your visit again in Irotama and to provide the best experience in the Colombian Caribbean.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

This is a great place to have a vety relaxing time. We stayed in a bungaloo by the sea. The Resort has also rooms in two towers. The main swimming pool is very nice. There are many options of restaurants to choose from. The good is good. The Pina Coladas are so good! The staff is really friendly and kind. The night entertaining is fabulous. We participated in the dance and game nights. It was so much fun! We had a good laugh! The only problem we saw was that the sea some days had a strong smell of diesel. I wonder if the big ships could anchor further away.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Some things fine some others require a lot of improvement, here's why:

1. On the upside breakfast is included, a variety of local food and exotic fruit and much more. Do be aware, the crows and pigeons are ready and attacking your plate of food if you're not watching, but this is the price you pay eating Oceanside under the trees. At least there are no flies, or hardly any.

2. The beach is lovely, my daughter fascinated with the appearance of gold washing on shore and the exotic wildlife. At one point we saw 15 iguanas at once. I did expect white sand, but it's black and brown, but clean. The cargo ships in full view along the horizon, I could do without. Warning: The beach vendors, annoying!!! One may be may be interested in buying but do not dare. Only one demonstration of curiosity and they are all on you at once, coming out of the trees, harassing you, you can hardly breathe. And additionally prices are double and triple. For example bead bracelets on the beach for 8 dollars and eventually sold for 3 dollars. Of course in pesos, but that was the equivalent in dollars.

3. The in house travel agency, offers many day trips, we chose Playa Blanca with optimism. We were promised a four hour trip of spectacular joy. We left at 8:30 a.m. A ride to the boat, the boat to the aquarium and then the heartache. I am open to aquariums but I do have standards. The dolphins and fish live in a very small pool, maybe a fraction the size of the smallest in a Sea World Park. The tour includes boats and entrances to the aquarium. Additional fees follow, $200k per person (about US $70), nearly $300 for a family of four, to swim with these poorly raised dolphins for only 15 minutes. Then they drive you to the beach and you are basically obligated to pay $30k (US $10) for a tent or you can cook in the sun on the sand, your choice! Lunch is not included. There are no options, you are trapped. Also important, if you are wearing hotel wristbands, you are most definitely charged more. I gave my feedback to the hotel to no avail. The hotel tour organizer was only defensive, taking no responsibility for misrepresenting. I was only trying to help. I went from wanting to buy 4 tours to no more, since there is no way of knowing what IAM really buying. Additionally, this was my summer vacation 30 years ago. I would have liked to have seen some things changed, or at least the aquarium, it was so archaic.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family