All reviewsjean paulbuffet breakfastkids poolthe breakfast arearelaxing vacationrecommend this hotelthe hotel staffnice hoteljunior suiteel rodaderoair conditionervendorspoolstaxijacuzzipesoskey
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I was on a business trip and stayed two nights in one of the cabins. I do not know other hotels in this city, but I find that the quality of this one is very low and I would not stay at it again. It is a tourist class hotel, which with difficulty would reach three stars. It's so noisy I had to sleep with earplugs.
POSITIVE:
Direct access to the beach
Friendly staff Room service adequate, with a wide menu, good response times and acceptable quality although variable

NEGATIVE:
The room smelled very bad. They seem to have or have had serious problems of humidity in the floors, because the walls are repaired in the inferior part. Besides, it did not look clean, since there was a dead cockroach in the bathroom and a straw under the bed.
There were many mosquitoes in my room. And some crushed in the walls.
The furnishing is ordinary and cheap, without class. The bathroom faucet and sanitary rate are probably the cheapest you can get in the market.
Very noisy: the restaurant staff makes noise when they go with the carts carrying the food even late at night, they have high volume radios when they pass through the rooms, they call until very late and the phone sounds very hard (I could hear conversations from the cabin attached to mine), the air conditioning sounds very hard, mosquitoes flying next to your ears, etc.
The checkout was extremely slow. It took almost half an hour. They perform it as hotels did in the 1980s, where an employee had to go to the room to verify that one had not stolen anything and to review the consumption of the minibar.
The breakfast service in the restaurant was very slow and staff didn’t look friendly or eager to service. The buffet had very few options, with inferior quality. Also, it seems unhygienic for me to have so many cats walking freely around the tables.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Hoteles_Estelar, Manager at Estelar Santamar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time to review and comment your recent stay with us. We are glad that you were satisfied with our service, the friendliness of the staff and our location. However I regret to know that there were things during your stay that did not live up to your expectations. We are currently in the process of renovating our facilities to ensure we will continue to exceed our guests expectations. I hope to have the pleasure to personally welcome you in the future and show you the changes to our property. Please accept my sincere apologies and I assure you that I have taken note of your comments and will take the proper measures so that issues like the ones you mentioned don’t happen again.

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

FRANCISCO CORONADO
ESTELAR SANTAMAR HOTEL & CONVENTION CENTER

Reviewed 19 June 2017

The staff was friendly and courteous. The hotel was big, but it does look dated. It says on their website that it was recently renovated, but the structure looks old and the rooms average, with average looking furnishing. The bathroom was decent in size and clean. It is on the beach and it is a nice one. Overall, it was a nice hotel just not what I would expect for an Estelar hotel. The wifi reception was not that good. The breakfast area has a decent selection and is big enough.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Hoteles_Estelar, Manager at Estelar Santamar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Mr. Daniel. Dear Sir, first of all thank you for the time you spent giving us to know in detail your excellent comments about the service and the facilities of the hotel.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the hotel, for us it is very important to know your opinion.
We hope to return to continue to serve you with the warm and efficient service that has characterized us, being better every day.

Cordially,
General Manager (E)
Estelar Santamar Hotel & Convention Center

Reviewed 12 March 2017

My Family And I Stayed In This Hotel In Our Last Vacation, One Year Ago. The hotel's employers received us the best way and they had always one smile for help us in all moment. They are very friendly and cheerful with all people.
We liked that the hotel is facing to sea and on the beach there wasn't peddlers, that sometimes they interrupt the rest and family moments.

The hotel has different accommodations since simple rooms from to family rooms. The rooms always are clean and have air conditioner and are very cozy. It’s very important that it has everything for family.

The breakfast was varied every day, however i recommend you have lunch and dinner outside the hotel because the prices are quite high in the hotel.

Definitely, i would recommend this hotel for your next vacations!!!

Room Tip: Near beach and restaurant.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Hoteles_Estelar, Manager at Estelar Santamar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear Mrs. Fernanda, thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. First of all thank you for the time you spent giving us to know in detail your excellent reviews of the hotel facilities and its beach.
We would like to continue to serve you with the warm and efficient service that has characterized and be better every day.
I thank you in advance, I hope we will continue to serve in this, your home.
Yours sincerely,

Cordially

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I visit this hotel 2 or 3 times a year.. it's a really nice familiar hotel with great beaches and a nice pool!!!! Food at the hotel is a bit expensive but you can always go out to eat or have a delivery :) breakfast which is included is really nice and with lots of options. The staff is nice and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JoHiAbbe
Hoteles_Estelar, Manager at Estelar Santamar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Mr. JohiAbbe, first of all thank you for the time you spent giving us to know in detail your excellent comments about the service, food and facilities of the hotel.

We would like to continue serving you with the warm and efficient service that has characterized and be better every day, I hope we will continue to serve here, in your home.

Yours sincerely,

Cordially,

Reviewed 14 December 2016

My wife enjoyed our stay here. Check in was fine. Occasionally we had to wait for help when the front desk was busy. My wife speaks Spanish so I don't know how their non-Spanish language skills are. I think we were the only English speaking vacationers there. There was a group of German tourist, but everyone else was South American. We stayed for four days in November. The room was standard and came with everything you would expect (TV, AC etc.). The view from out room was of an unused tennis court and the road. We didn't spend much time in the room so the view wasn't and issue for us. Breakfast was included with our stay. The Colombian buffet breakfast was plentiful with lots of options. We spent our days at the pool and the beach. The beach was nice, the water was warm, and shallow. Lots of people along selling souvenirs and massages. There are two pools. Once large rectangular deep pools that goes mostly unused. If you want quiet or to swim laps that's the place to be. The other pool is round and circular and shallow. It is where you will find the kids playing. Strangely enough that's were the pool bar is.
Swim pass the kids and get a drink. It is also were all the activities take place. On the last day we had lunch at the resort instead of taking a taxi into the town. It was one of the better meals that I had during my vacation. The night before we had gone a fancy restaurant and the steak at the resort was much better that what I had at the restaurant. This is a resort for South Americans. If your looking for somewhere that caters to North Americans look elsewhere. That being said, I would stay at this resort again.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the ocean for better veiws
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple