First of all remember that this hotel is an all inclusive site.
We had a room in the last floor and we had 2 floor room that was amazing. You should plan everyday at 5:30 to see the sunset in your room, it's just jaw dropping.
The food is good. We would like to have more sea food options in the buffet.
The liquors are good(not premium ones) but the bartenders have different ways to make cocktails so sometimes are good other ones no so good.
The beach is no so clean because the carbon. It has a carbon port near but it's ok. If you want to see great beaches, you should go to tayrona park. Decameron has special plan in order to go to this park.
Taxi cabs are kind of expensive and uber is not so available in that part so bring extra money for that.
Rodadero is a place between santa marta and the hotel that is a must to see. Its and old beach that are recovering and they have special restaurants and places to buy things.
We spent a great days as a couple , if you are with kids Decameron has special shows everyday for them and for families as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This complete resort is located on the shores of one of the most tranquil beaches bordering the majestic Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, with more than 200 meters of coastal property, villas, a convention center and an enormous tower with privileged views of the Caribbean Sea. The property is located 20 minutes from Santa Marta, one of the oldest cities of America, known as the ‘Most beautiful bay of the continent’, as a result of the exuberant post card that combines a coastal area and a mountain range 5,775 meters above sea level, making it the tallest mountainous littoral formation in the world. From our resort you will be able to visit this tourism area’s main attractions, such as the historic and cultural center of Santa Marta, the ‘Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino’, final resting place of Simon Bolivar, and the Aquarium and Sea Museum that house diverse marine fauna specimens and host dolphin shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Decameron Galeon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Decameron Galeon Santa Marta
- Decameron Santa Marta
- Decameron Galeon Hotel Santa Marta