See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

The Decameron Galeon is a very nice all inclusive hotel, a little bit far away from the city, but counts with all facilities you need during nice, relaxing vacations. It counts with a private beach, amazing gardens and excellent restaurants. Stuff is very helpfull. We had a duplex room for two in the last flor, the view was just amazing, during day and night. I highly recommend this hotel during your vacations in Colombia.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Servicio al Hue... D, Guest Relations Manager at Decameron Galeon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Servicio al Huésped-Decamerón Galeón

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Good thing: serious and honest employees. Problems: very poor confidentiality, unsafe rooms on floor 10th., and they discriminate between local tourists and foreign tourists; and BAD customer service. Go to Decameron but at your on risk, and better if you do not complain at all.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jef713
Servicio al Hue... D, Guest Relations Manager at Decameron Galeon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Guest Service Manager-Decamerón Galeón
57 5 4320076 Ext.:4150
servicioshuespedes.galeon@decameron.com

Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

The hotel itself is a bit dated but on the plus side the aircon worked very well in the room and the hotel was clean.

A few things did really anoy me though. The hotel charge by the hour for Internet, I've stayed in backpacking hostels that provide free Internet so this is pretty poor.

The selection of restaurants is impressive but the food wasn't to a very high standard, it wasn't terrible but it wasn't remarkable. The bar has a wide selection of drinks but unfortunately insist on serving drinks in tiny plastic cups, I understand the hotel is trying to limit the amount alcohol we consume but it's very annoying if your trying to get a bit drunk (which I like to do on holiday), but it's also incredibly bad for the environment.

The pool is nice but it was crowded with rowdy children who nobody wanted to control and the sun loungers are scarce when it's busy. The beach has plenty of space is nice to spend time on, but the sea is heavily polluted from a nearby coal mine so the water is black and cloudy rather than clear and blue like it is 10km down the coast. The hotel does a good job of keeping the beach vendors away that are a nuisance on other beaches.

The deCameron travel agent recommended that I books late flight when leaving so that I could continue to enjoy the facilities for the remainder of my last day. But in check out we were told that we couldn't get food or alcoholic drinks (we could still use the pool and facilities though until we left) and I felt this was a bit misleading.

Overall this place is mediocre and some of the surrounding hotels seem to be a bit nicer.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Grant H
Reviewed 27 March 2016

Horrible maid service, never left towels for us always had to ask for some. The elderly are never taken accounted for. They do not place them in a comfortable room that will take care of there needs. The front lobby personal were externally slow. For a hotel that is this expensive and big, there needs to be wifi service for the entire resort for free. Not just in the lobby and paying by the hour.

Room Tip: Coloquen un gorro de bano, una toallita para la cara,
Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

I was not impressed with the place. Pool was very dirty, and on our room's bathroom the sink has a sign saying the water wasn't clean (No potable)Well I thought ok I just won't drink it.. Well I didn't know that just by brushing your teeth you can become sick. I came back home feeling sick and found out I have a parasite! Last day there my husband and 2 year old was also sick. Dirty unsanitary place. With all that said I don't even need to mention the rest. Stay away!!

Stayed: January 2016