1,411 results
All reviews pier bar san andres shows at night colombian pesos a la carte restaurant family vacation rooms are big beautiful beach marazul mangroves acuario island downtown disco caribbean cayo
Reviewed 31 October 2015

Excellent facilities and food was at the highest level wine selection, it was charming and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and atmosphere is relaxing. I just adore this place and had a great stay. I recommend this hotel highly.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2015

This is a great family resort when you overlook its imperfections. The grounds are like a botanical garden. The architecture may seem a bit dated but don't let this get you down. This resort is a hidden gem. When I visited, I met many friendly guests from Colombia, Argentina and Chile. This is a great place to relax. The staff works hard from morning to night. The staff leads activities day and night. My kids fell in love with Reina and her co-workers. The staff worked hard to make sure everyone felt included (young, old, shy, etc...). The staff who perform the dance shows work hard and gave great shows of traditional dance. The live bands were amazing. My favorite singer was about 80 years old. He single handedly got the entire audience to dance (feeling hot hot hot.... how you feeling?!). Snorkeling trips to the coral reef leave from the pier at the hotel. The resort has a great view of the ocean and nearby cays. This is a place where the sea is a different color depending on the depth of the water. The snorkeling trip was spectacular. Highlights included seeing eels in the coral reef and standing in shallow open water as cow nosed rays swim around. We even saw one Eagle Ray. The highlight was a catamaran tour a few kilometers south of the resort. The resort is all inclusive. The resort is being renovated (restaurant and rooms were being renovated when we visited) and the beach is small. There is a spectacular beach accessible for hotel guests a few kilometers south of the resort. The location was perfect for us. We are a family from 9 years to 81 years. It is far from the city center which was great for folks like us who were looking forward to getting away from the city. The resort wasn't perfect but it was perfect for us. It was a great location where we enjoyed spectacular day trips for snorkeling and an encounter with rays. My in-laws enjoyed the peaceful catamaran (sailboat ride). The ride was just the guide and the six of us. There was no one else on this private tour. It was the highlight of the trip for my in-laws. My kids loved the snorkeling trip. We saw so many different types of fish, at least three different types of eels and two types of rays. We look forward to visiting San Andres again.

4  Thank MMcdon8267
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Crowded hotel with small beach, not sure why is more expensive that the other on the island, its far from the city center. People is very helpful, food is average, is far from a nice vacation I prefer a hammock than the stay on the hotel

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank foxwake
Reviewed 24 August 2015

For what we paid, this was a joke. First off, from when I check in, I had to wait an hour and a half to finally get my room keys because "it wasn't ready." When I finally got to my room, there were footprints on the floor with mud. Also, the bathroom smelled horrible and looked like it wasn't cleaned in days. Angry, I called the front desk and they immediately transfered me to another room that was better, not perfect. So then, when I went to use the WiFi, my son made a stunning discovery: you can only pair one device to the WiFi hotspot at a time. Terrible! Then there's the "beach." First off, its not the Jersey Shore. It's just a small closed off area with no walking platform or even shore to stroll along for a nice walk (not the best for long romantic walks). And also, the water is disgusting. I mean, I wasn't expecting crystal clear water, but when you stay in a hotel in front of the beach, you'd expect a beach to swim in, right? Despite all this, the staff is very friendly and cooperative. Probably the best part of the entire trip. Food is average. Not good, but not bad as well. Overall, I blame the island as a whole. It's not very alive, or geared towards tourists. Limited number of attractions to choose from, best for two/three night stay, no more. Go somewhere else, please I beg of you! My worst vacation in 12 years! Please go elsewhere!

Room Tip: Tip: take the money you spend here, go to Jamacia or Cancun (Mexico), feel great about yourself
5  Thank Arnold R
Reviewed 13 August 2015

I went to this all inclusive hotel this month (August 2015). The place is small, compared to hotels you find in other countries. The food is good and you can book a restaurant inside the hotel or on a another hotel of the same franchise. The rooms are okay, but the beds could be better, we reserved two rooms and they did not give us rooms that were close to each other. They offer paid WiFi which is slow (average of 100kbps).
The pools is small, but the staff makes activities every day for kids and adults. The hotel does not have a real beach, it is next to a mangrove swamp, they accommodated the ocean front to make a artificial beach, the water is clear but the seaweed makes feel dirty (at least to me), therefore, I did not like the beach. However, you can sign up to a boat ride to a small cay, which is really cool, but you have to bring or purchase water shoes because you could get hurt with the coral reef.
They give you access to the beach club, at a different location, which is at about 5 drive from the hotel, you can use the cab service. The beach club has access to an actual beach, no great, but it us okay, the water level is low, so you can walk to a nearby cay.

Room Tip: Some days they do a "pool party" at night until about 10:30PM.
1  Thank Mauricio L