“really good food - just a tad expensive”
Review of Taka

Taka
Ranked #4 of 133 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Japanese specialties, tapas, sushi and japanese inspired entrees.
Reviewed 17 February 2018

I completely understand Taka being one of a kind in Asbury - it's just often overlooked because of their prices. Otherwise, food is great & so is the service.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

I ate here for a late business dinner. I had sashimi which was very good as well as a roll. The quality was very good and fresh. The ambiance and service is classy, but the prices are a bit high. I would return here for Japanese food.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

In a bright cheery chrome and glass restaurant that puts one in mind of the Iron Chef competition, there is a restaurant named "Tak." I tried to get a translation and got variously "Hawk," "Amount," and as Taka Taka, "Japanese person." Next time I'll ask. The front of the restaurant is dedicated to sushi/sashimi, but you can get other things, all of them tasty. I had the meatball appetizer and it would have sufficed. The Tuna was out of this world, but the rice was kind of dry. My only complaint. The dessert menu was out of this world, but we were too stuffed to try. The wait staff could not do enough for us. The coffee and tea were great as well. $100 for what we had. You decide. they also give you $5 off parking.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

When Taka moved his restaurant and added a bar he really went all out to create an experience and was
Successful. We lost the opportunity to get BYOB but exchanged it for a great, upscale restaurant bar that make excellent and exciting food.
Personally, I am a sushi fan. But, delicious short ribs are amazing.
The bar is excellent and generous.
It is pretty much always busy. Locals know!! There is a small number of tables outside in season.
Consider reservations.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

The food and drinks were great. Seems like the tables fill up fast for dinner. Either make a reservation or go early.