“Great food and friendly service”
Review of Cuban Cafe

Cuban Cafe
Ranked #34 of 135 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Blink and you may miss it. It is nestled in the corner of a supermarket parking lot. We were greeted wearmly by our server Karen. She promptly pointed out the daily specials. The chef stuck his head out to say hello, too. My wife really enjoyed her roast pork with a side of black beans. I had the beef stew, rice and beans and of course tostones. Customer places the order at the counter and the food is brought out to you. We will be back!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

After driving by this place numerous time I finally decided to stop in. What the heck was I waiting for? The food here is outstanding! The sandwiches we ride were the Cuban and the croquette sandwiches. Tremendous! The oxtail on special and the pork chops looked equally good. Maybe next time. Not much ambience but you come here for the food not the “atmosphere”. The husband and wife owners are very nice. The food is special and so is this place.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The place is nice, Latin music playing gives you a sense Latin tropical feel, has a mix rustic design. Staff very polite and nice. The food is good, desert could use some work on but is over pricey. I was in shock for the price for two people. It was ok but nothing to write home about if your Latin.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I was going to order the rice and pork with beans but someone told me before walking in that the rice was not cooked all the way and it didnt tasye good, but that the cuban sandwich was good.
I dont normally eat cuban sandwiches because it has ham and mustard so I Only ordered it with lettuce tomato mayo only. My husband liked it, but for me it was just OK. The meat didn't have much flavor and I bit into a big junk of fat. I would go back but order something else maybe.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Ok this place serves some of the best Cuban food anywhere. The Cuban sandwiches are without a doubt, the best in New Jersey and for that in the world. I’ve only found one other possible better in PR(read my other reviews). The other food served was excellent as well. This is a really small place with limited inside seating. There is however plenty of outside picnic tables.. If you want true perfectly executed Cuban food, then this is the place. The best Cuban Sandwiches anywhere...

Date of visit: May 2018