“GREAT CUBAN JAMA”
Review of Cuban Cafe

Cuban Cafe
Ranked #34 of 131 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

The Cuban Cafe in Asbury Park is a total find. Best traditional Cuban food I've ever had. Simple, authentic and perfectly prepared. Completely delicious. The Cuban owner and his staff make you feel like you are a long lost relative the moment you arrive. My wife and I were welcomed with a firm handshake and free samples of their mouthwatering Masas de Cerdo por Libra (pork) and oxtail stew. The owner then commanded us (in Spanish) to sit so he could serve us plate after plate of amazing dishes with each one better than the one before. We didn't even order! The plates just arrived. You must try the Tostones (fried green plaintains with garlic) and Maduros (sweet plantains) and also the ham croquettes. And the pineapple juice tasted so fresh and sweet that you would swear the pineapples arrived that morning direct from Cuba. Absolutely fabulous. After dinner take your Cuban desert and Cuban coffee to the boardwalk and watch the sunset for a truly memorable experience. Definitely worth an hour drive from NYC.

1  Thank GlobalBizWarrior

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

I went with my husband for our anniversary. The food was perfect and authentic. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the staff and cook were so gracious. They gave us a slice of delicious cake with real roses! So perfect. I love it there!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Whenever I want a Cuban food fix, I come here! I'm from Tampa, FL and this place takes me back home every time I dine here. The taste and smells are authentic, music and television are all in Spanish. I was smiling with my eyes closed and rockin' in my seat! I've had oxtails, a stewed chicken recommended by the chef, Cuban sandwiches, ropa vieja, piccadillo, red beans, black beans, and yellow rice. The plates are platters and I always have leftovers for the next day. All of it taste fantastic! My next goal are the ribs. The owner is the chef, and he always comes out to see how you like his food. It's a hole in the wall with limited seating, but they have tables outside during the summer.

1  Thank dmcquay4924
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

The place reminded me of a famous restaurant in Calle Ocho Miami Florida.
Their beef empanadas are $ 1.50 ! The carne con papa (beef stew) is delicious.
Arguably the best Cuban restaurant in Monmouth County

1  Thank mkandathil
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

We live locally to Asbury Park and Cuban Cafe was recommended to us by a local businessman. My husband and I went for lunch and not only was the food amazing the staff and chef were so friendly. Very large portions of outstanding authentic Cuban food! If you find yourself in the Asbury area or just want to have a great meal, this is the place to go! We are going to become regulars!

1  Thank Kimberly P