“Very Good ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Late lunch with my wife. We had the Pan-Roasted Day Boat Octopus, which was awesome. Then, a Margherita Pizza & Robert Plant Pizza (Vegan). Both pizzas were very good. Staff was very attentive as well. Will be back again for sure.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Beautiful inside and out! The food was delicious. Pizza was so good. We had margarita and carbonara. It was really good. There's awesome seating outside and inside. It was very clean and service was good.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Had dinner at the bar Thursday. It was a great scene. Lots of noise and atmosphere. Good food and great conversation.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

To have lunch there on a short business trip seemed the right choice. A true Neopolitan Pizza Restaurant. I had a large salad, very fresh. I was disturbed by the fact that I got far less attention or none at all than my business partner. He frequents Porta often, they know him, not me, my first time, does that mean that I deserve less? Hmm.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We went for lunch/brunch after reading the great reviews here. We were not really impressed.

We ordered the "Love & Mercy" pizza which was described as:
"San Marzano tomatoes,
house-made Italian sausage,
braised pork shoulder,
house-made meatballs,
house-made ricotta,
Parmigiano Reggiano, basil"

This sounds great, a real meat lovers pizza!

Our pizza comes to the table and I think I got the wrong item. No visible meat, 3 little dabs of ricotta. It looked like a tomato pie.

After trying to flag down 5 or 6 servers who just walked past us as if we didn't exist, we had to hunt down our server who was talking to the pizza making guys at the pass. So she comes to the table and looks at the sad little pizza and says "Yep, thats the Love and Mercy". We ask, What about the meat? Answer, "Oh, it's in little pieces in the sauce." I have had more meat in a jar of Prego. And all at the bargain price of $18.

I can definitely say I will never return, there has to be better pizza just about anywhere else.

1  Thank NJBLUES