“Birthday celebration ”

Brando's Citi Cucina
Ranked #2 of 133 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

My wife has raved about Brando’s. So when we were invited to our friends bd party I was psyched. It was a fantastic experience. Service excellent, food excellent. We sat in dining room Saturday night and literally couldn’t hear the person next to us. Like front row at a Springsteen concert. Deafening. Walked to restroom in bar and it was quiet other than that we truly enjoyed ourselves.

1  Thank Allan L

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I was informed about a ridiculous review by "Siobhan61" from another regular customer of Brandos and being a loyal customer myself, I am extremely taken back. It seems to me that the staff goes above and beyond for you and your family each and every time you are there (as you mentioned how excellent they are and how they decorated your tables without you having to even ask for your daughter’s birthday) The owner and his staff are incredibly accommodating and the care and respect they have for their guests is evident. Once again, as you mentioned you should have also asked the price of your meal before purchasing blindly if that was going to be such an issue. However, the owner ever so generously removed the $28 shrimp but that still didn’t “sit well” with you…and that’s why you will never return to an establishment that has done nothing but cater to you in the past?! Makes perfect sense. To have this affect the server’s tip is blatantly disrespectful considering they are not to blame for the price of the entrees and this whole situation shows the kind of person you really are. If you truly knew anything about the business, you would not be searching for freebies and lowering the server’s tip is the last thing you would have the heart to do. I, personally have only had A+ food and service at Brandos and is 10/10 recommended.

1  Thank ericalnazzaro
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Saturday Night Loud which was expected … nice atmosphere otherwise but little space for servers to maneuver through tight tables...had my arm bumped twice by servers trying to serve other tables … kitchen appeared to be overwhelmed... Got off to rough start as Sangria had to be sent back as it tasted like fruit punch ... No copper mugs for Mules - although menu advertised they were served in them ... Scampi appetized served cold with miniscule shrimp (I think they were shrimp) . Absolutely runined a prime Veal Chop at $45... by drowning it in a cloying sweet bath of overcooked mushrooms in balsamic reduction which literally disintegrated the 'bacon potato cake' side ... then to add insult to injury ... stuffed it with DRIED figs instead of the advesrtised 'fresh fig' ..adding more unwanted sweetness to dish !! World Class cusisine should be SUBTLE and not overwhelmed by ingredients just for the sake of adding them ... two additional diners at table tagged their dishes as 'it was ok' ..the fourth stated 'my veal was excellent'. The undercooked and rolled not dusted in powder sugar 'zeppoles' were left on the table. To be fair I would consider returning 'off season' on a week night to see if it makes a difference ...but for now I will be kind and call it 'average'/pedestrian.....

Reviewed 1 August 2018

The dinner was amazing, I had the sea bass cooked to perfection. Followed by a pistachio ice cream dessert that topped off the evening. My only complaint was to the girl that seated us...and I hope the owners see this review. We were seated outside . There were 3 open tables , 2 two top and 2 4 tops. We asked the girl to seat us in the 4 top (even though we were only 2 people). She looked me up and down and said no. She explained that they were were for 3 or more people. Well, within 10 minutes she seated 2 couples in both of those 4 tops. Every time I tried to get her attention, she would not make eye contact with me!!!!!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

An absolutely wonderful evening here. Ambiance is lovely. Appetizers were varied and delicious. Veal Napoleon was perfect, tasty and large. Veal parmigiana was as tasty as it was large. Same for the double veal chops. Everything was terrific. Highly recommended. Great staff. Excellent experience.