“Great place”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Second Avenue
Description: Situated on the Asbury Park Boardwalk, with a mélange of artists, surfers, musicians, denizens and lovers of salt air and sandy toes, Langosta Lounge encapsulates the perfect blend of city and sea, lounge and restaurant, vacation and mid-week escape. Opened in November of 2008, Langosta Lounge has enjoyed success as one of the Jersey Shore’s most popular year-round destinations. Live music, sushi by the sea, and farm-to-table specials are just the beginning of what Langosta Lounge offers patrons. The restaurant and lounge encourages foodies to take a vacation-inspired journey and experience the world via creative cuisine and inventive libations!
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Plus unbelievable views of the beach
Right on the boardwalk. Nick was top notch server.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I just called to make a reservation. I was told that a party of three is too small for a reservation. That’s fine. I do not appreciate being told to “Have a nice night” and have the phone hung up on me when I begin to ask another question. It felt very abrupt and uninviting. I will take my business elsewhere.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

A group of 9 of us stopped in this lively boardwalk-front spot for some pre-concert drinks and food around 6PM on a recent Friday We wanted to sit down to a proper meal, but the wait was too long, but was offered the bar menu which was just fine with us. It was a bit confusing as to where to order, as we began to order food at the bar, when a waitress showed up at our tables and was visibly miffed that we didn't know what to do. She still was able to take the order for the majority of our party, so she got her tables in the end.

The food came out super fast and was delicious. Some highlights was the Mediterranean hummus plate, the fried green beans, and seared peppers.

The atmosphere is of a lively beachfront bar and restaurant, the latter of which was separated by a waist-high divider from the bar area. The ambient noise was significant, I had some difficulty hearing my friends, but was perfectly fine considering where we were.

We had another unpleasant interaction with a waiter who was tending to seated customers on the restaurant side of the divider. One table of patrons were an older (I'd say in their 70's) couple who complained to the waiter that the bar noise was too high for them. This waiter decided to single our group out for being too loud and told us to be quieter. We laughed it off, as there were dozens of other groups in the bar area being much louder than us, and the waiter said that he was not kidding and we were disturbing this couple. What?!! Your enitre bar area is screaming and yelling at each other, but we are the problem?! Never mind that this is a Jersey Shore bar and restaurant with kids running around and frat boys being themselves all around us. We were so shocked, we didn't know how to react intially. Luckily we were on our way out in a few minutes, so we decided to not pursue it further.

If we were being too loud, then you need to decide what sort of establishment you would like to run and adjust your clients expectations accordingly. We are in Asbury frequently and some of our group live nearby. None of us will be returning anytime soon, despite the great food.

2  Thank bora2323
Reviewed 16 July 2018

We went for a walk on the boardwalk and decided to stop in for dinner. We had a great table overlooking the beach/boardwalk. I got the short ribs and my husband got the ribeye. We both enjoyed our meal very much. The service was a touch slow but our waitress had way to many tables.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Had a wonderful dinner here on Sunday evening outside on the boardwalk. Alison was a delight. Both of us had the “Caribbean Jerk Plate” which was blackened chicken over spiced mashed potatoes, mixed greens, sweet salsa and a delightful sauce. Drinks were good. Would go back again!