“Excellent food, service and atmposhere.”
Review of Lentil Tree

Lentil Tree
Ranked #43 of 133 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Description: Lentil Tree is a Fast Casual Mediterranean Kitchen & Hookah Bar in Uptown Asbury Park. We are located on Fifth Avenue, between Main Street and Memorial Ave - down the street from the Convention Hall & The Asbury Hotel. We are about amazing people and great food. Our menu pulls from North African & Middle Eastern Cuisine. Our meats are certified kosher. We source local ingredients when possible and use the highest quality spices to ensure the most vibrant flavors and aromas are on your plate. We are vegan friendly, take out friendly, pet friendly and people friendly. We do accept reservations for larger parties. And invite you to check out our reviews! We have a beautiful outdoor patio with performance stage. We offer BYOB - so make sure to bring your favorite wine or beer. And street parking is free in our area!
Reviewed 11 July 2018

I've eaten takeout from the Lentil Tree several times, but sat inside yesterday for the first time since we had a friend come to visit. It's a small place, so when we walked in and saw a table filled with perhaps 12-14 people we really thought it was going to be a while before we ate. Not so. One of the cool things about this place is that you could place your order as you arrive. We simply placed our orders and took a table outside. The food was at our table in fifteen minutes.Two of us had Falafel bowls, and one a falafel sandwich. One of us had a mint iced tea with lemon that was delicious, All of the food was fresh and delicious. Nice portions as well. The menu is online to peruse should you consider going. And go you should if you're in the area. Another thing that I like about this place is that everyone is nice. From the time you come in until the time you leave, you're treated very well. Don't miss this place if you like this kind of food and are in the area. It's a great value, that won't break the bank.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I am known to be a long life member of the falafel lovers society.
As a middle eastern decent, it was hard for me to find a good enough/ or close to a really good freshly made falafel.
I found it in the Lentil Tree
Phenomenal food, every bite was a festival of flavor.
If near Asbury Park NJ , don’t miss it !!!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I love the Mezze Box, the Falafel, and the Chicken Shawarma. This is one of my favorite places to take my vegan friends as they offer a lot of vegan options. The guys that work there are always really nice. And you can’t beat the prices.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch and falafel was great.
Fatoush salad did not have enough of the correct ingredient which is sumac and the pita toast was small and hard .... inedible.
Biggest problem was the acoustics... everyone sounded loud and they were playing AC-DC very loudly from a poorly sounding boom box.
Food is good but they need to make a more ambient space to eat.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are always on the look out for
Moderately priced locally owned restaurants near where we live. Lentil Tree is a totally laid back place in Asbury Park that serves middle eastern fare with a modern twist, and with pita sandwiches, falafel, hummus, ect.
I had a lentil and rice bowl with chicken- they have a selection of sauces too.
I tried the garlic version, it was amazing.
They also have catering too.
I definitely recommend Lentil Tree, if you are looking for something different & delicious!