“Excellent steak, very good value”
Review of Lenos y Parrilla

Lenos y Parrilla
Ranked #3 of 287 Restaurants in Pereira
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2017

The staff were very friendly and helpful The smallest portion on the menu was 400 grams so the waiter said "Share one!" Which we did. Each of us was served half the baby beef on a hot plate. It is one of the best steaks I have eaten. Also, very good value. I believe it is the first time I have had a bottle of wine in a restauarantt at less than the supermarket price. If I lived in th area I wold go at least every two weeks.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

I am a steak snob. I only eat the best. This steak was 500gms of center cut tenderloin PERFECTLY cooked. The service was 4 stars, but the HUGE perfectly cooked cut for 25,000 COP was a 6 stars. So you get the 5 !!!!

Reviewed 27 November 2016

My wife and I had a very positive experience at this restaurant on our first visit 2-3 years ago. See review Feb. 2014. So good I thought it would nice to entertain my wife's family here for a good steak dinner. We made reservations 2 weeks in advance for a party of 14. My Mother in Law was recovering from a chest cold so nothing outside or near a drafty window was our request the day before when calling to confirm. My wife and I arrived at 6:15 for a 6:30pm reservation and only one other party of 4 was in the restaurant at that time. Plenty of time to change what seating they had picked out which did not meet my fancy...near the open windows and table set up against the bench seating that would not allow that diner once seated to get up for restroom break or stretch their legs or phone call whatever without disturbing 3 or 4 other diners who would have to get up out of the way to allow that person to pass. I wanted a table more centrally located but manager said that too close to the TV and a soccer game about to start and we would not like all the soccer fans cheering during out meal. Wrong. Game no one much interested in and not a problem. Why have a TV in your main dining hall anyway... you have one over the bar and the other side of the restaurant would be a better location. Colombians and their soccer--gee weez ..... Leather bench seating very uncomfortable and lumpy.To compound things they seated a foursome right behind me and now 9 diners land locked with no way out. It didn't get better as the meal progressed. The waiter had no clue about the wine list which consisted him of setting 4 bottles of wine on the table and then announcing to all the prices. The one I picked out he tried very hard to talk me out because it was too 'dry". It was fine by the way, but still very tacky...why was it a choice if it was too dry.... by then the group except for me wanted sangria and then the waiter said he'd pour me a glass and put the rest of this red wine into the sangria...don't get it...does that mean without that wine there was none in their house served sangria???? We were the last to receive their steaks from the kitchen....groups smaller than our who ordered much later received their meals in a timely fashion. It was almost an hour after placing our orders that everyone's steak came out.Not acceptable. And the taste of the steak was not as good as last visit. The wait staff was inferior and less than last visit. To finish off this wonderful encounter the waiter asked in front of all about how much was his tip. I was paying for all and man that was embarrassing for me the golden boy..... Yes the prices are very reasonable here. But so is McDonalds...This not fine dining. This is number one rated restaurant on Trip Advisor, but not deserving. Let me tell you where to get an enjoyable meal in Pereira: Ambar.
Next choice: Frisby (fast food chicken).
Next choice: Big Burger
Needless to say we won't be back here for awhile. Ambar it is for us next trip.

3  Thank Studio69
Reviewed 8 October 2016

Whilst back home in Pereira, wanted to take my aunt and mom out for a meal.
Couldn't of picked a better place. Asked for a blueish steak, waiter was shocked, and so was I once I received my steak, absolutely great. Meat cooked to perfection, served & very well. Although the service could of been a tad better. Definitely a place to go whilst in Pereira!

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Very nice place, nice decor. Wait staff attentive. Then the food...lots of beef. Be prepared to get stuffed. I mean the small size 400g is enough for two. came w arepas, salad, potatoes... About $30.000 including a beer!