“GOURMET CUISINE & GOOD FOR MY DIET TOO!”
Review of La Provincia

La Provincia
Ranked #18 of 1,598 Restaurants in Medellin
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: 23 years after having opened our doors to the city of Medellin, we moved to a new space in the Golden Mile Business Center Dress Code Formal
Reviewed 14 March 2017

This is the destination for a special celebratory meal and my hosts took me here for my final night in Medellin before leaving the country. What a culinary experience for someone perpetually on a very low sodium diet as I was able to enjoy a fish dinner, corvino...a type of sea bass...prepared with a sauce delectable and salt-free. While I had no room for dessert, my colleagues did indulge and enjoyed the beautifully presented delicacies exquisitely prepared.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Hyperbole? Not really we decided to go without reservation on a Friday night, a very busy night indeed. We were told that no tables were available but after we politely insisted, coming from afar, were offered an option to wait at the bar should anyone cancel. The hostess, in flawless English, in a polite matter as possible, tried to dissuade us given past history, and yet almost took pity on my elder mother, aunt and my and my wife's own long faces. She suggested maybe a high table near the entrance. She indicate that the chair back-rest would be more comfortable than the bar stools, should we wished to wait. We acquiesced, it was quickly prepared and we felt comfortable enough not to wait, but rather ordered wine, entrees and wonderful Mediterranean inspired plates.

Doña Maria Adelaida Moreno, the Restaurant's proprietor, came to our table and thanked us for our patience. She was clearly enjoying seeing our satisfied faces and her restaurant full of patrons many whom she knew by name and were there to enjoy great food.

The management made us comfortable, ensured we felt as included as the rest, and almost apologized for the lesser table arrangement. It was not so for us, we enjoyed superb plate presentation, careful personal care and a fare which exceeded our expectation in every way, including affordability for such fine dinning. In fact the temporary front table gave us a great overview as patrons entered, the table, general ambiance and service of this great restaurant. Another reason why Medellin is a great place to visit. Gracias La Provincia.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

A lovely dinner for Valentines Day. The food was great and the service fantastic. My husband had the fish which he loved and we shared an appetizer and I had a salad. All in all a great experience. The reservation system is also very easy to use.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at this restaurant many times. However, I have not eaten at their new location until this past weekend. The old location was great, the food was consistently great but the menu never changed. I therefore have not gone back in over two years since I was bored with the menu. I learned recently that they had changed locations into a new building. Further, I had googled them and looked at their menu online. There were many new food dishes!! I new I had to try this. We went there Saturday night and we're not disappointed. The ambience is excellent, the Decor is just amazing and the food was some of the best I've had in Medellin. The Malbec by the glass was marginal but the ambiance and food simply made up for that. I would definitely go back again and again to try other dishes on the menu when I am in Medellin. By the way, the place fills up quickly so make your reservations in advance on the day that you think you will want to be there. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

La Provincia is special. The location is great, the ambience is warm, the decor
is fabulous. Flowers on the tables, wonderful upholstery patterns, soothing colors,
well spaced tables. Loved the crisp white shirts on the mainly female wait staff,
and the snappy kerchiefs and suspenders.Seems like everyone is a regular -we
felt a bit out of it until the proprietor Maria came to check how we were. It is obvious
why things run like a swiss chocolate factory- Maria has an eye out for all- and she
is always there. The lovely pretty young woman who is her second whip recommended
the most incredible warm cake for dessert ( she was so enthusiastic about it we were
chuckling) but she was right on it! And, steaks tender and arriving at temperature
ordered, along with the divine house made cornbread sticks have us wanting to
hope a plane from NYC for a do-over!