“Southern style US Ribs at a bargain price”
Review of Federal Ribs

Federal Ribs
Ranked #185 of 1,311 Restaurants in Medellin
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Federal Ribs is a dream, one that is born of the desire to provide our visitors Friends the best experience in terms of taste, atmosphere and service. Our dishes are inspired by the cuisine of the Southern United States and our specialty is ribs ... The important thing is not our secret recipe, unique sauces ... What matters is who we came from and what makes you happy Federal share. Federal believe in camaraderie. Believe on the experience and fraternity. Believe in the value of friendship and knows that happiness is only complete when shared.
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Needed a BBQ fix and gave Federal Ribs a try. It is casual, come as you are. I was alone at a table for two but there were several groups of 4 that had to wait for tables after 8:00 on a weekend. The service was good from a server practicing his English. Ordered a full rack (8 ribs) with the Jack Daniels sauce, but there were several options even less expensive. meaty, not over cooked and tender, and came with a choice of 2 sides, and i chose the corn on the cob (would have preferred just butter with salt and pepper but had a spice citrus seasoning) and coleslaw (more vinegar style than mayonnaise) but both passable. Had a bottled ice tea but they had selection of local and imported beers, and mixed drinks, and sodas. I was full after 6 ribs but managed to finish. the entire meal including tax and 10% service was less than $18. I sat outside on a warm evening but there were tables inside. I saw more burgers being served than ribs and from what i could see they were substantial. The server told me they were going to expand from the one they currently offer. The plastic hand mitt came in handy.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

I ordered the 180 gram Angus burger which was so new that it was still off the menu. I didn't even ask the price because I'd heard good things about this place and figured it would be worth it. Well...when I got to the center of the burger it was raw uncooked meat. I was already well into the meal so sending it back would have been a hassle. The waitress stopped by and asked me how everything was and I showed her the red bloody portion. Her cold and indifferent reply was that I should have sent it back sooner. I asked for the check, paid and I'm never going back. I wanted my money's worth but am willing to pay a bit extra for something special. So it's not about the money. It was her lack of any kind of apology whatsoever. I only live a few blocks away and was planning to be a regular. I'm from the neighborhood. What a shame.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

In the 9 1/2 years that I have lived in Medellin, eating at the Federal Ribs Poblado location tonight was the worst dining experience I've ever had in Colombia. I arrived with a group consisting of more than 30 ex-pats and tourists. The waiter mistakenly brought me the wrong sides. Being the reasonable person I am, mistakenly bringing me the wrong sides in and of itself would not have been a deal-breaker. But when I told the waiter the sides were not what I had ordered, he said that he would have to ask his manager for permission to replace the sides with what I had, in fact, ordered. Without even attempting to an offer an excuse for why the sides could not be replaced with the sides that I had ordered, the manager said "no" - despite that fact that I hadn't even touched a morsel of the food. The manager, a girl named Juliet (or at least that's the name she gave me), lacked the intelligence to understand the long term value of a happy customer, especially one who travels with a group of more than 30 ravenous diners. Unfortunately, she also lacked the intelligence to anticipate the consequences of an unhappy customer. If I were the owner of this establishment, I'd fire her 10 times over for having such poor judgment.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

I felt ripped off by my 1/2 order of Jack Daniels ribs, which barely had any meat on the bones. It only took a couple bites to finish them, so I couldn't even get a good feel for the taste. The brownie and ice cream dessert was on the small side as well. Don't think I'll be back, which is a shame because it's a nice looking spot.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

This place has it all to be a great dining experience it is confortable nicely decorated and an attentive staff, but the star of the show is lacking the ribs where tasteless and needed some good seasoning, the sauce was ok. Something else I didn't like was a tv that was at a normal volume suddenly was turned on to loud for a not very important fútbol game. Really hope they correct these flaws because there's a lot of potential here.