“An Excellent Italian Restaurant with Superb and Creative Food !”

Romero cocina artesanal La 10
Ranked #72 of 1,596 Restaurants in Medellin
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Pizza, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Yes...this location of Romero Cocina Artesanal IS located within the huge Santa Fe CC. But it is on the 3rd floor along with many other fine quality restaurants and features much seating next to huge ceiling height windows overlooking Poblado. It is a very comfortable and relaxing setting.

Their menu is absolutely wide and varied, with so many creative Italian dishes that it is difficult to choose. And the food preparation, appearance and quality is magnificent! I had a Carcerola Maremonti - a cooked in the small metal pan dish of a rich and flavorful tomato based sauce with loads of shrimp and mozzarella cheese, along with 3 mussels. It was scrumptuous.

For my entree, I enjoyed the Misti Orzo Al Pesto - served in its own larger hot pan and featuring the most tender and delicious solomito, along with a savory rice mixture with pesto and generous servings asparugas and halved cherry tomatoes - all laid out in the serving pan in a most creative and visually appealing fashion. I lived this dish.

My partner enjoyed the Pasta Fruti Di Mare = Linguini Pasta with crab, calimari and shrimp . It was also tasted superb.

So I think you can tell I really like this restaurant a lot. I must go back soon to try some of the other great dishes they feature. They also have some wonderful and unusual soups, entradas, pizzas, all sorts of pasta dishes, and more.

They also have one or two other locations in Medellin, and their cuisine can be ordered from Rappi & Uber Eats for home delivery. Yummy.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I have ate her on numerous occasions and the food and service is always outstanding. The setting is very cozy and romantic. The skillets are a great combination of various options and are quite tasty. On my last trip I had the chicken with ravioli in pomodoro sauce with broccoli. An excellent choice. The table also shared the octopus skillet with potato’s. No trip to Romero’s is not complete without some of their world class gelato!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Some parts of the service were very good, others not so much. Some of the food was very good, some not so much.

We were six and went in for a late Sunday afternoon lunch. Although we were seated right away, it was a good period of time before they came around to get drink orders ... so much so that we'd had time to get four kids through the menu and settled on a main dish. I don't know how many minutes that was, but you parents out there will have an idea.

The kids were starving, so I ordered an antipasto mixto when we put in the drink order. They devoured it ... unsurprising since it took a good 15 minutes to get to the table. I have to give the plate kudos though ... it was good with a nice mix of proteins, cheeses, and veggies on it.

Then the food came out ... later. The younger kids all had some version of pasta with white sauce and bacon, or ham, or prosciutto, or whatever. The bacon worked better than the ham or prosciutto (surprise). I had the grilled octopus on a potato base with butter sauce. The octopus would have benefited from maybe 30 seconds more on the grill to crisp up just a touch. I can't think of what could have been done to the potatoes and butter sauce. It was just ... insipid. The other adult at the table had the grilled salmon. It was good.

I think I would give them another try, but knowing ahead of time that both service and the kitchen can be inexplicably slow. I think I'd also stick to some plate with a protein (like the grilled chicken or salmon "skillets") rather than a straight pasta dish. I'd also like to try the pizzas as other commentators have reviewed them favorably.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I had the Caesar salad and it was solid. The servers were very courteous despite my lack of Spanish.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The food is fine—thin crust pizzas and other Italian dishes—but the service is surprisingly bad: unfriendly, unsmiling staff, who had to be asked several times to bring a glass of water, brought the wrong salad, and charged us twice for a beer. The experience left a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak.