“Great gringo food - breakfast or lunch.”

The Flip Flop Sandwich Shop
Ranked #116 of 1,504 Restaurants in Medellin
Price range: US$4 - US$7
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: We are the best and only restaurant for travelers in Medellin. Look for the 2 big yellow umbrellas and 3 tables out front. I have a great little place that serves good (non-Colombian)food. We serve a great breakfast with eggs, pancakes, french toast, and even home fries. We have best buffalo sauce in Medellin,a new burger that tastes like home, and the best wings in town. All with cheap beer to go with it :o) The other thing I offer is great tourist information. So, for tourists and backpackers, I am a great spot. If you are looking for fine dining or gourmet food, I am not your place.
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I visited this restaurant on a Tuesday afternoon in January, 2017.

This restaurant is just off Calle 10 a block or two east of Parque Lleras in the Poblado section of Medellin with lots of hostels and other restaurants in the area. It has a couple tables out on the sidewalk and a couple more inside.

Their menu includes a lot of food items that gringos would like, for example, French toast, eggs cooked the way you like with toast, hamburgers and my favorite that I had today Sloppy Joe. It came with fresh potato chips and with my Coke the entire bill came to 12,000 pesos (about $4). I hadn’t been here in a couple years but it didn’t disappoint.

Btw, the servers speak English and the owner, Paula, will be happy to chat with you or help you with advise about Medellin.

At the time of this review (January, 2017) there were 2,900 Colombian Pesos to the US Dollar.

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Great place giving real value for your money the food came fresh and good. And the service was in English! Ate here more than twice

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

The Flip Flop Sandwich Shop is a taste of home in the midst of Medellín. I can't attest to anything beyond the veggie omelette, but I'm sure everything is excellent. Paula, the owner, is incredibly sweet, and is not only a great cook but an excellent resource if you have questions about the city. Go for a (cheap!) meal, chat her up, and you won't regret it.

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

Great burgers, cooked perfectly and very juicy and flavoursome. Good size portions too if you are hungry. We popped in here at the end of a 5 hour bike tour and were pleased with the food and service!

Reviewed 14 June 2016

Tasty, economic place. I've been religiously ordering the veggie omelette with homefries and it's basically $2.50 USD. The owner is amazingly nice as well. Go here!