“Looking for a burger lunch?”

Barbacoa Burger & Beer
Ranked #73 of 1,235 Restaurants in Medellin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Barbacoa Burger & Beer

It was a Saturday morning and I was wandering around El Poblado looking for a place to eat. In the long line of eateries on one of the main drags in the suburb I happened across Barbacoa Burger & Beer and decided to give it a try.

I’ve been in the relentless pursuit of a good burger in Medellin, but always come away disappointed. When I checked with the waiter he recommended the chicken burger, which was a good choice.

The French fries were a touch insipid – thin and a touch greasy – so pass.

It was an okay lunch spot. And it gets points for turning down the music when requested.

There are newer reviews for Barbacoa Burger & Beer

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

The burger I ordered was cold and tasted terrible, I told the waitress and she didn't seem to care... never coming back

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

Being from the states you can't really expect to find a hamburger to meet your expectations in Colombia. However, Barbacoa proved me wrong! I had the portabella burger which was a portabella on top of a perfectly cooked medium burger with blue cheese & a green tomato. I wish I had more time in Poblado, Medellin, I would definitely go back for another!!

Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

It is a pub like restaurant, as the name self explains. It is located in Manila/El Poblado. The prices are normally from 18.000 to 25.000cop for a burger combo, but it comes with beer if desired or any soda. The burgers are gourmet style so they are quite tasty and show good quality ingredients.

Reviewed 25 August 2015

Barbacoa knows how to do burgers and beer. This place would hold its own in any American city.

Appetizers: We had onion rings, as well as jalapeno poppers as appetizers. Both were perfect renditions of these American staples. Both were crispy and the cheese in the jalapenos was plentiful.

Burgers: My burger had bleu cheese, a Portobello cap, onions, and avocado (add-on). I ordered mine vegetarian, so it did not include the bacon and the beef patty was substituted with a delicious lentil-based veggie patty. The burger was huge and delicious! My friends had gigantic burgers and were both happy and stuffed when we left. The only negative I can think of is that one of my friends doesn't like green tomatoes, which is pretty much the only tomatoes you get in Medellin.

Beer: Their beer selection is pretty extensive. I had the BBC Chapinero Porter, which was nicely dark and strong. Each burger on the menu has a suggested beer pairing, which my waiter pointed out. Nice touch!

Location: Envigado feels a lot like any nice neighborhood in the U.S. It is very clean and safe. If you want options, you can just walk around the few blocks near Barbacoa and peruse the menus. There are numerous restaurants/cafes/bakeries in the area.

Service: Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the menu. Everyone there is very friendly and accommodating. The food came out quickly and exactly as ordered.

Price: The price was slightly high on Medellin standards, but still substantially lower than what it would cost in the U.S. I think our bill amounted to around $40 US and that was for three men pigging out.

I highly recommend this spot if you are craving a good burger.