“An Enjoyable Evening”

Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2015

Our first night in the hotel we went up to Tony Roma's. We were seated, no reservation. The view from the slowly revolving restaurant is gorgeous and the reason for 4 star rating. The food was not as stellar as the view, so on that alone, a 3. Service was good, but slow. We tried the shrimp appetizer. It was so mediocre that I would not order it again. Entrees were better, both sea bass and filet mignonette were quite good. Dessert was best, pots de chocolat. Live entertainment at dinner was another plus and the evening overall was quite enjoyable!

Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

I gave this place 2 circles because of the awesome ambiance. The rotating restaurant has an awesome view, although 1/2 of it is blocked by foliage. The other half is beautiful! The food was mediocre at best and the service was AWFUL! I ordered the "Original Ribs" which we're not baby backs, tough and just ok. I got the mashed potatoes which were crumbly and dry with very little flavor. My husband ordered the steak w/ mashed potatoes and it was very tough, lacked flavor and desperately needed steak sauce. We couldn't ask for it though because our waiter didn't return until we were finished with our meal and by this time absolutely parched. I had to flag someone down just to get my water refilled. It's one thing to just be some steak/ rib restaurant but this establishment should NOT be called Tony Roma's.

Reviewed 9 May 2015

The food was great especially since we had two vegan customers. It was a great setting to talk and enjoy company and see the 360 degree view of the city! We also really enjoyed the live music that accompanied our dinner. Not too loud, not too soft, just right - awesome

Reviewed 3 February 2015

Excellent service, great value, mundane steak. On the second night we could not get a table even though we were registered at the hotel. Interesting entertainment. No Colombian wines on the card.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I certainly don't think "fine dining" when I think of Tony Roma's, but in Medellin they certain try to make ribs a higher quality experience. Although the name is the same, this is nothing like the chain of restaurants in the United States.

My wife and in-laws dined here on our first night in Medellin. The dining floor of the restaurant slowly rotates (don't worry, you won't get sick... it's super slow and you can't feel it) so the views of the city are great. The wait staff is superb, professionally trained with white gloves and all. The food is excellent. I had a trio of ribs, chicken and steak. I would highly recommend the steak (baby beef.) The steak melts in your mouth. The prices are very reasonable for the entire experience. Soft drinks, beer and bottled water are very reasonable also.

An additional comment: this is considered a very romantic place for young couples. While we were there (probably a bit over one hour) there were wedding proposals, anniversary celebrations, wedding rehearsal dinners and more. For a small-town american, this was definitely an experience to remember.

I would definitely go again.

1  Thank 568MarkR