All reviews light dinner breakfast and dinner junior suite front desk included dinner weight machine maintenance staff el poblado great hotel well run hotel hotel is located the rooms were nice walking distance buffet style i highly recommend this hotel per night coffee maker
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

If I were to pick a flaw, the flush tank made a leaking noise through out my stay in 902 and the toilet seat was broken and wobbled a bit.

That one flaw aside, this was the best hotel I stayed in Colombia. The staff was always friendly and spoke some English. Both breakfast and dinner were included in the stay, I never had dinner there but breakfast had all the basic choices that you would expect. The location, size of the room, views of the city, housekeeping, paid options in minibar- perfect!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Olga S, Hotel ESTELAR Blue at Hotel Estelar Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Dear guest,
 Receive kind regards, while we express our gratitude, not only for choosing our hotel to stay, but also for having taken some of your valuable time to let us your comments.we are pleased knowing your stay was Colombian 100% We hope to have him back in our hotel, continue to exceed your expectations and also rely on its accurate findings.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

After reviewing TripAdvisor, made reservation at this hotel. We had never been to Medellin before and wanted a nice place with breakfast included. We got a nice room with contemporary decor, medium size, very clean. Window could be larger, as the view from the top floors is amazing. At around 6PM we noticed the A/C acting funny, so I called front desk. Very polite staff, I was told that the problem was in the main A/C system, hence it affected the whole hotel, and was told it would be fixed shortly. We left with friends around 9PM, before leaving I was promised the A/C would be working in no time. We returned at midnight from dining and drinks, and to my dismay, the A/C was dead. There's a reason planes don't drop from the sky: meticulous maintenance done regularly. I understand this was a mishap, but despite being no engineer I dare say it could had been prevented. We should had been offered reaccommodation on the spot, but this didn't happen until I got upset at this situation. Only then we were moved to a sister property, Estelar Milla de Oro, just 4 blocks away. I'm sure that if it weren't for this problem and above all, the way it was handled by the staff, I'd be writing a very positive review. They seemed to assume that all guests would be perfectly OK without A/C (Medellin is somewhat cool at night), but not us.

Room Tip: Top floors provide a nice view, albeit the window being rather small.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fado007
Olga S, Hotel ESTELAR Blue at Hotel Estelar Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Dear guest,

we express our gratitude, not only for choosing our hotel to stay, but also for having taken some of your valuable time to let us comment on your last stay in our hotel. we inform you as soon as we learned of the drawbacks, we review with each area responsible for verifying that the process was properly carrying and avoid inconvenience to our guests. We hope to have him back in our hotel, continue to exceed your expectations and also rely on its accurate findings.

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

They are short of irons, iron tables are crappy and unsteady, everything extra is charged (even the low quality shaving machines they sell at the minibar

Service is good, even though they take too long to answer phone calls at the front desk.

Location is good, people are nice, I believe it is just a matter of a bad system.

By the way, adding some colour (frames) to your hallways would make them look better.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Olga S, Hotel ESTELAR BLue at Hotel Estelar Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

I do not look for much from a hotel. Quiet and clean. Breakfast and dinner are usual fare but sister hotel Milla de Oro has a great breakfast. I book here for the balconies in the junior suites. Staff is nice and my only complaint is the very hard mattresses.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Paintedcutiger
Olga S, HOTEL ESTELAR BLUE at Hotel Estelar Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

Dear guest,

Receive kind regards, while we express our gratitude, not only for choosing our hotel to stay, but also for having taken some of your valuable time to let us your comments. We apologize for the inconvenience; we are working every day to improve it.

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Sorry guys, but your advertising gets it all wrong.

Here is what we, three single rooms, got the night March 7 to 8 (my room 1006):

Mediocre service at check in
Impolite answers to request for late check out next day
Arriving 9.30 pm no willingness to keep restaurant open to receive our orders
I did get luggage help to my room - the only nice comment I can make about the place
Only one electricity plug in the room
Bed light not working
A very bad smell in the bathroom
Fungus in the shower plus funny stuff on the wall
Very old tab in the shower and soap keeper
No shower gel, no cotton, no ear buds, nothing except shower cap and soap and bodylotion
Very noisy both towards corridor as well as to street noise
Very poor service at check out
Staff are neither helpful when called by phone nor polite

So even though we only paid about EUR 90 for the night without breakfast I will never ever consider coming back nor recommend any of my business partners or friends.

What I do expect from a business hotel?
Well kept room and bathroom with full amenities
Professional and hopefully kind treatment in any service area
At least two plugs at the desk to charge mobile phone and ipad or e-reader simultaneously
Clocks and lamps that work

Lots of room for improvement guys!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank 2worldtravelers13
Olga S, HOTEL ESTELAR BLUE at Hotel Estelar Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Dear guest,

Hotel ESTELAR Blue essentia line, with breakfast and light dinner including in the rate. thank you for your comments.

sincerely,